Dilema: Present Job vs. MBA

HI, This is Saahil, Age:26. I am a mechanical engineer from BIT mesra. grad. in 2009. Since then working in NTPC Ltd.(presently as Asst. Mgr,Salary: 8 lac p.a). I feel myself at crossroads at this point of time. The present job though challeng…

HI,
This is Saahil, Age:26. I am a mechanical engineer from BIT mesra. grad. in 2009. Since then working in NTPC Ltd.(presently as Asst. Mgr,Salary: 8 lac p.a).
I feel myself at crossroads at this point of time. The present job though challenging, is not justifying my efforts. I am a hard working guy, and in my company(a PSU)neither promotion nor pay rise is performance based and i feel that down the line i might regret being stuck here.
What's the way out?
I am thinking of doing an MBA. But if not from top 5-6 colleges in India, i will not see a rise in my salary, post-mba. And getting in top iim's is also very challenging (being a general, male, engg. student). Also i could try getting a foreign MBA degree, but the catch there is the expense. And i am not sure of the returns too. M.S also is not a high salary degree.
As you could see, i am a pretty confused guy, i seek your advice. With my parents' pressure on getting married i need to take a decision on the path i wish to drive. Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.