difference btw MSc Finance..and..MSc Finance & Economics

Hi… most of the threads in this section are centred around MBA. But i wd like to know more abt postgrad MSc courses in the UK. I wd like to pursue further studies in finance. after careful research, i have shortlisted Oxford, LS…

Hi...
most of the threads in this section are centred around MBA.

But i wd like to know more abt postgrad MSc courses in the UK.

I wd like to pursue further studies in finance.

after careful research, i have shortlisted Oxford, LSE, Warwick and Manchester as my preferred destinations for the finance courses.

I am a B. Com. (Hns) student from SRCC with a GMAT of 700 and a percentage of 69%.

Please help me with my questions...
1) Could anybody differentiate between MSc Finance and MSc in Finance and Economics, in terms of the career opportunities they lead to...
2) Please rank the 4 universities in order of their placements and value of their degrees in the job market.
3) please tell me of any other university for the course, which has an excellent placement record.

Any other information on the above 4 universities regarding the 2 courses is welcome... Kindly Help.

thanks
Samarth

Hi Samarth,

Ur question is very specific. I hope u find someone who have reasearched colleges & share common interests.

But I can say, Finance program in Manchester is very good. As I am in touch with some of the current MBA students there, they Find this MSc Fin great!! Not sure abt how the students fare but get the idea that if u are extremely good & ready to work smart... things will be fine (But aint it the case everywhere else :wink: )

Cheers
Simbaaaa

Hiii buddy

I m also planning to do either than MBA Finance or MS Finance
I m a First class commerce graduate frm Mumbai University with 75.5%
But do UK schools accept people with no work ex.
Let me know
regards Sujay

Hi...
most of the threads in this section are centred around MBA.

But i wd like to know more abt postgrad MSc courses in the UK.

I wd like to pursue further studies in finance.

after careful research, i have shortlisted Oxford, LSE, Warwick and Manchester as my preferred destinations for the finance courses.

I am a B. Com. (Hns) student from SRCC with a GMAT of 700 and a percentage of 69%.

Please help me with my questions...
1) Could anybody differentiate between MSc Finance and MSc in Finance and Economics, in terms of the career opportunities they lead to...
2) Please rank the 4 universities in order of their placements and value of their degrees in the job market.
3) please tell me of any other university for the course, which has an excellent placement record.

Any other information on the above 4 universities regarding the 2 courses is welcome... Kindly Help.

thanks
Samarth