Delhi School of Management, DTU (Formerly DCE)

I would like to introduce DSM, Delhi School of Management, the business school at Delhi Technological University (formerly DCE). DSM started in Aug 2009 as a means to further the management knowledge base of engineering and other technically…

I would like to introduce DSM, Delhi School of Management, the business school at Delhi Technological University (formerly DCE).
DSM started in Aug 2009 as a means to further the management knowledge base of engineering and other technically educated students.

The institutes core competencies include supply chain management, knowledge management and IT, which will be offered in the third semester to differentiate our developed skill set from the myriad other institutes offering the already saturated finance, HR and marketing industries. However, to keep our students aware and up to date, we offer minor specializations in these fields as well.

A request to the mods:

Kindly do not close this thread.
I have mailed to the PG team for the closure of other threads.
We would like to take this further from now on.

Thanks
Wasil

As i see, DSM (Delhi School of Management)

1) It's a Management Dept of DTU (formerly DCE).
2) The specialization offered are IT Management, Supply Chain and Knowledge and Tech Management along with Finance, Marketing, HR.
3) Though entertaining its second batch only, the Profile of Students is surprisingly very good.
4) ROI(Return on Investment) is expected to be one of the best, anywhere.
5) Campus is very nice, come visit anytime
6) DCE is already a brand.
7) It's in Delhi.

To be continued with some more pros and cons... (watch out)

Official DSM Group

PaGaLGuY.com - The Everything of MBA in India and Abroad, CAT 2009, GMAT, XAT, MAT - Delhi School Of Management, DTU

hi!
can you please tell me about the
1. last year's cutoff
2. wat u think about the placements , first batch will be passing out in 2011 right ?
3. wat is the fee structure.
4. is it situated in bawana ?
5. are forms out yet ?
thnx

Hi Saksham,

Here you are
1. last year's cutoff : 90 %ile... i really dont know what was it exactly.. but it was somewhere around 89-90 %ile for the 1st list
2. wat u think about the placements , first batch will be passing out in 2011 right ?: See it is a govt run structure so the advertisements and pleasing the company heads isn't there; the students are working hard. As i see.. we will have a decent placements... it will start from november mid for sure.
3. wat is the fee structure.: its 48k tution fees / year
4. is it situated in bawana ?: Yes it is
5. are forms out yet ? : No, i will place a notice here when they are out :)

hi!
can you please tell me about the
1. last year's cutoff
2. wat u think about the placements , first batch will be passing out in 2011 right ?
3. wat is the fee structure.
4. is it situated in bawana ?
5. are forms out yet ?
thnx

Morning!

We are having our CWG break till 17 oct , so a bit less activity here :)\

does it conduct independent xam?

abhadani Says
does it conduct independent xam?

@ Abhadani

There is no separate examination conducted for admission at DSM. The initial selection/shortlisting is done on the basis of CAT Score.
The above mentioned cutoff is for the same.

Regards..

i got call at 83.32 last year and in the first list

amit0087 Says
i got call at 83.32 last year and in the first list

@amit

Then i guess you should consider yourself amongst those lucky few ones who got a call at that low a percentile as well..
Hi Saksham,

Here you are
1. last year's cutoff : 90 %ile... i really dont know what was it exactly.. but it was somewhere around 89-90 %ile for the 1st list
2. wat u think about the placements , first batch will be passing out in 2011 right ?: See it is a govt run structure so the advertisements and pleasing the company heads isn't there; the students are working hard. As i see.. we will have a decent placements... it will start from november mid for sure.
3. wat is the fee structure.: its 48k tution fees / year
4. is it situated in bawana ?: Yes it is
5. are forms out yet ? : No, i will place a notice here when they are out :)

r u sure last year cut off was 90%tile,i don't think so, infact in one of the previous thread started by a dsm student even said that last year cut off was 70%tile.
rahul_010 Says
r u sure last year cut off was 90%tile,i don't think so, infact in one of the previous thread started by dsm student even said that last year cut off was 70%tile.

Hi Rahul,

Yes I am sure of the same. Since DSM being a Govt. Institution, some seats are there for reserved category. Hence 70%ile was the cutoff for reserved category whereas for General Category it was around the same as mentioned by Wasil.

For Amit, I guess you would have got a call at 83%ile but would not have made it into the first list of shortlisted people for which the cutoff was 89-90 %ile.

Regards.
Hi Rahul,

Yes I am sure of the same. Since DSM being a Govt. Institution, some seats are there for reserved category. Hence 70%ile was the cutoff for reserved category whereas for General Category it was around the same as mentioned by Wasil.

For Amit, I guess you would have got a call at 83%ile but would not have made it into the first list of shortlisted people for which the cutoff was 89-90 %ile.

Regards.

so what was the last %tile of the guy who converted the call through general category in ur batch .& how was the companies response for the interns.
did all the students get internship through the college or had to search on their own?

u might be right but as far as i know last year they have clearly mention that anyone(who has filled the form) having 75%cile above in general category are allowed to come for gd/pi. Yes ur right i was waitlisted at 65 but i have performed very badly in GD/PI and mine acads was also not good this could probably the reason of me not getting final call. please correct me if i am wrong.

One of mine good friend manish was there with 88%cile.

amit0087 Says
u might be right but as far as i know last year they have clearly mention that anyone(who has filled the form) having 75%cile above in general category are allowed to come for gd/pi. Yes ur right i was waitlisted at 65 but i have performed very badly in GD/PI and mine acads was also not good this could probably the reason of me not getting final call. please correct me if i am wrong.

Hi Amit,

It being a Government Institution, it believes in giving "Equal Opportunities" to all no matter which Category you come from. Hence, for the same it was left open to 75%ile and above so that people with good Acads and good profiles get an opportunity even though if the had lower percentiles.
But due to good profiles received.. The cutoff was around 89 %ile for the first list..

Answering your second query i guess since your GD/PI didnt go well (which had a decent weightage) you might have seen yourself in wait list.

Regards
so what was the last %tile of the guy who converted the call through general category in ur batch .& how was the company's response for the interns.
did all the students get internship through the college or had to search on their own?

The last percentile cutoff candidate being select shall be around 83-84%ile.. Though I am still unsure as the Cutoff was not told for the consequent list..

Now to answer your preceding question, through college about 30-40% of the batch got Internships with offers from TATA Power, Unitech, 3i Infotech, Indian Express, Adarsh Thoughworks etc..

Their profile(s) varied from core marketing research to IT project development..

Regards
so what was the last %tile of the guy who converted the call through general category in ur batch .& how was the company's response for the interns.

Hi,

If now I talk about the companies where the batch did their internships from.. The following would be a indicative though not an exhaustive list for the same:

PWC, Ernst and Young, BHEL, SAIL, GAIL, DB Schenker, Pepsi Co., Bharti Airtel, TATA Power, PVR Cinemas, HDFC Bank, SBI, 3i Infotech etc..

Also, some of the above mentioned companies have shown interest in Final Placements and we are in constant touch with them for the same.

Regards..