Degroote(McMaster) MBA - Fall 2010 aspirants & admits

Hello all fellow puys. I am starting this thread for any and all interested in McMaster mba, specially fall 2010 intake. A little about myself. I am Abhijit, a software engineer from Ahmedabad. Got admitted to Degroote mba for fall 2010 inta…

Hello all fellow puys. I am starting this thread for any and all interested in McMaster mba, specially fall 2010 intake.

A little about myself. I am Abhijit, a software engineer from Ahmedabad. Got admitted to Degroote mba for fall 2010 intake...awaiting the package .

Lets network puys...

hey abhijit.. congrats for your admit to Degroote.

I have also applied to Degroote for Fall 2010. My application is still incomplete because my TOEFL score haven't reached McMaster. By the way how much time does ADCOM takes to notify admit? Can You please share your profile also ?

Regards
Mandeep

Hey mandeep...as per my experience the Degroote doesn't require language proficiency test if the medium of instruction in the last two years of your undergraduate/graduate course is english...thats what the website says and I was also exempted from it. Though I did write the TOEFL and also submitted the unofficial score sheet.

I think the adcom will not take more than two weeks to notify the admitted candidates after the application is in the completed and submitted state. In my case it took around a month due to the christmas break. My profile....

GMAT: 610
TOEFL: 113(iBT)
Qualification: MCA
Work Exp: 3.5+ Years
decent extra curiculars

Best of luck with your applications...do let me know if you get an admit in a Canadian School.

thanks abhijit for quick response.

I Checked with McMaster AD COM for English proficiency... they waive for the TOEFL requirement if Undergraduate Transcript mentions that the language of instruction is English n mine university hasn't mentioned anything about language of instruction. So i.e I sent my official TOEFL score to McMaster.

I submitted my online form n supporting documents on 23 Dec, but bcoz of TOEFL score my application status is still incomplete. I have to wait till my application is completed.

I will let u know once I get confirmation from the McMaster.

Else than MCMaster have u applied to any other B-school in Canada?

I have applied to
UBC, York, McMaster, Calgary & Alberta

Regards
Mandeep

No haven't applied elsewhere in Canada. Last year though I had applied to UBC...was rejected post interview...

Hey guys, I am applying to De Groote too. Which programs did you guys select. I am a bit confused. In addition I have applied to York and Concordia.

hey loststranger

I have applied to McMaster's Full time MBA program in the end of Dec'09. Apart from McMaster I have applied to Sauder, Schulich, Concordia, Alberta, and Calgary. I have got into Schulich, will probably join Schulich. I will suggest you to apply ASAP to increase your chances to secure admit to ur Dream B-School.

Regards
Mandeep

Hi there loststranger,

I will be joining Degroote's full time MBA program. With respect to your selection of univs, york is certainly the best of the three and as mandeep rightly said...the sooner you complete the application process...the better.

By the way Mandeep, congrats on being admitted to Schulich :cheers: can u share your profile?

hey nescient.....thanxxxx...

My Profile is as follow:

GMAT Score: 610
Work Ex - 3 yrs in Construction & Real Estate
Extra Curri: Decent

REgards
Mandeep

I started off very late. Everything's been a big rush and have yet to apply to De Groote n Concordia. I am bit of a daft when it comes to this application process. I think I will complete the process prior to the final deadline; does that a make a difference you think? I mean, applying towards the end?

Also guys, are you applying to colleges outside Canada?

loststranger Says
I started off very late. Everything's been a big rush and have yet to apply to De Groote n Concordia. I am bit of a daft when it comes to this application process. I think I will complete the process prior to the final deadline; does that a make a difference you think? I mean, applying towards the end?

loststranger Says
Also guys, are you applying to colleges outside Canada?

Yeah the MBA app process can be a bit intimidating...particularly it its the first time but don't worry you will get over it.

If the school you are applying to has a rolling admission system(which is the case with most of the schools) then...yes it does make a difference if you apply towards the end. However they might deny but I feel the adcoms might reject app from a particular geographical region if they have already filled the 'quota'...diversity u see . Also it might very much be possible that the adcom has selected a candidate with profile very similar to yours.

Like I said before York is certainly a top notch school. I haven't researched much on Concordia, however I feel its a decent tier II school. Do go ahead with your plans and apply both DeGroote and Concordia. And I haven't applied to any schools outside Canada...

Good luck with apps....

Hey Guys... I Got admit to MCMaster with $2K Scholarship...

Regards
MAndeep

Great news...so which school will you be joining? one more thing...how did you learn about the scholarship? i thought one has to apply for scholarship post admit...are u going for traditional full time mba or the co-op?

-Abhijit

Hi all,

I am planning to apply to Degroot;'s full time 2010 MBA program. I couldn't find the list of essay topics both in the website and in the online application tool. May be Iam looking in the wrong pag.
Could anyone be kind enough to post the essay topics that way i can decide about applying to the school at the earliest.
thanks a lot!
Gayathri

Hi all,

I am planning to apply to Degroot;'s full time 2010 MBA program. I couldn't find the list of essay topics both in the website and in the online application tool. May be Iam looking in the wrong pag.
Could anyone be kind enough to post the essay topics that way i can decide about applying to the school at the earliest.
thanks a lot!
Gayathri

There are 2 questions and they appear as a step in the online application tool. Here they are:

1. Please list any professional qualifications, academic or other honours, significant achievements, extra-curricular activities, etc.

2. Why do you wish to come to DeGroote to obtain an MBA degree? Your answer may be used as part of the evaluation of your application.

All the best.

Hey lost stranger, thanks a lot.It never occurred to me those were the SOPs. So is there any word limit or anything?
And how about your admission status at Degroote?
I have one more question. How are Degroote and Wilfrid Laurier are compared.? Any idea?

Hey lost stranger, thanks a lot.It never occurred to me those were the SOPs. So is there any word limit or anything?
And how about your admission status at Degroote?
I have one more question. How are Degroote and Wilfrid Laurier are compared.? Any idea?

At the risk of sounding biased...i will say that Degroote is better than Wilfrid Laurier . For the SOPs it would be a good idea to stick to 500 word limit...which is standard for most Canadian schools.

Oh ok..will apply to Degroote soon