Deadline for Great Lakes, Chennai

Hi, Will be grateful if somebody can help me out by letting me know about the deadlins for GLIM (Great Lakes), Chennai and also the average GMAT Score required for seeking admission there. I have a work ex. of almost 4 years and my GMAT…

Hi,

Will be grateful if somebody can help me out by letting me know about the deadlins for GLIM (Great Lakes), Chennai and also the average GMAT Score required for seeking admission there.

I have a work ex. of almost 4 years and my GMAT score is 680, with descent academics (B.E, Mechanical). Am I eligible to apply in ISB and what are the chance for the admissions.

Thanks

Manoj

Manoj

Great lakes admissions have not yet started.. more details u can get on theri website
as far as ISB is concerned, ur GMAT is on the lower side. but if u can build a good application(essays) then u have chances of getting i/v call.

Hi,

Will be grateful if somebody can help me out by letting me know about the deadlins for GLIM (Great Lakes), Chennai and also the average GMAT Score required for seeking admission there.

I have a work ex. of almost 4 years and my GMAT score is 680, with descent academics (B.E, Mechanical). Am I eligible to apply in ISB and what are the chance for the admissions.

Thanks

Manoj

Thanks for the reply..........

What are the chances for ISB, if I give my GMAT again, and try n score 720-750

a better score just helps ur application since GMAT is only one of the factor..if u r confident then give ur GMAT

Thanks for the reply..........

What are the chances for ISB, if I give my GMAT again, and try n score 720-750

Hi,

Y u restricting your search to indian schools? U have a gmat score...apply to top asian schools or even the usa...i know the job market in the usa is not great but the mba experience is definitely something else. With your score, I'm sure you can get some graduate assistantships too...worth a shot.
I'm talking from my experience. I personally think an mba is fast paced and a 1 yr mba will be even more cramped...there's more to an mba than just the degree. If you like diversity (i do), if you like a hands-on experience (such as co-op programs with leading firms), then look at schools that have these factors. Don't lose out on it!

Hi,

Y u restricting your search to indian schools? U have a gmat score...apply to top asian schools or even the usa...i know the job market in the usa is not great but the mba experience is definitely something else. With your score, I'm sure you can get some graduate assistantships too...worth a shot.
I'm talking from my experience. I personally think an mba is fast paced and a 1 yr mba will be even more cramped...there's more to an mba than just the degree. If you like diversity (i do), if you like a hands-on experience (such as co-op programs with leading firms), then look at schools that have these factors. Don't lose out on it!

Hello,

Tx for the convern dude!!! According to you in which B-Schools is it good to apply in with my kind of GMAT Score? And also, is Canada a good option? Tx

That depends on your interests. Most schools in the top 50 are good...the top 10 are obviously diff not because they offer better education but their brand value. The others are a good bet...if it was finance, i would look at schools like univ of rochester, texas a&m;, univ of maryland (the last two mentioned has some real good learning accelerators), smeal school of business...boston area, there's Boston Univ, UMASS, amherst (tough to get in). NY outside ivy leagues, im not sure...connecticut has some good schools other than Yale..such as Univ of Conn. These r few names that come to mind. Canada, the only name that comes to mind is Univ of Toronto..btw toronto is a beautiful city. On the west coast there r some real good schools...if u like the tech industry then thats where u want to be in or if u r a techie and would like to look at venture capitalism.