Darden in 2008

I was loooking for a thread aimed at Darden admissions for fall 2008, didn’t find one. Any one else out there aiming for 2008?

I was loooking for a thread aimed at Darden admissions for fall 2008, didn't find one. Any one else out there aiming for 2008?

nava_pagla Says
I was loooking for a thread aimed at Darden admissions for fall 2008, didn't find one. Any one else out there aiming for 2008?

U bet there are others.. Have sent my score to them.. now all i need to do is apply

Am in too...my profile

Gmat - 730 and 4.0
Wrk ex - 4 yrs by 2008 fall
Extra curriculars - Avg
Academics - Good

Hi Puys,
Me too In.
Objective profile:
5 yrs in Retail (entrepreneur). 1.5 yrs in IT.
GMAT: 760 5.5
Engineer: Acads average. Extra curri: good in college. average later on.

I am thinking of applying to Darden in R2. Haven't reported scores to them yet. Great school. PG member Rickyricks made it this year.

Hi All,

I am also planning to apply to Darden 2008.

Male/IT/3/730....

Chak de,
Amit

Hey guys..

m in 2...
My Profile ...
GMAT - 740,5.5
Work Ex- IT ( 4 yrs by next yr ),but International is just 3 months
Extra curr - good
Acads - good
Also doin some work with NGO's ....

Hi all,

I am thinking of applying to darden. The only thig that I needed to ask is whether TOEFL is necessary for Darden?

I was just reading the FAQs on their website.. .Here is what they have to say about TOEFL,
=====================================================
Is the TOEFL required (even if I attended a school taught in English)?

1. Candidates who received their bachelor's degree from an English-speaking university are not required to take the TOEFL (i.e., they are exempt).
  2. Candidates who received their bachelor's degree from a non-English-speaking university are required to take the TOEFL.
  3. Candidates who received a master's or Ph.D. degree from an English-speaking university are strongly encouraged to submit the TOEFL.

================================================================

Count me in the Darden MBA race too...
My profile IT/5/710

Cheers,
Rohit

Am a Darden 2008 aspirant as well.
GMAT - 700, 5.5 AWA
Till Sep 07, 3 yrs in IT (US MNC)...

Hi..

Am also planning to apply for the class of 2008 @ Darden.

My profile:
IT/3 Yrs
Gmat: 710/ 6.0
Yet to take TOEFL
Acads: Strong
Extra @ UG: Strong
Extra @ Workplace: Okay
Interest: Management Consulting

Have not sent my score to Darden. But am attracted by the Case methodology of learning.

Will keep u posted on further updates.

Happy apps to all !!! :grab:

Hi ppl,

I am thinking of applying to Darden this year but skeptical.. Where are u guys gonna arrange for the fee yaar.. I believe it comes to be around 50 lakhs .. I am very skeptical arranging for such a huge sum.. Can anyone enlighten me regarding this aspect ?

My profile :

IT/3 Yrs currently
Gmat: 730/ 4.0

Can anyone point out how does my profile sound for admission to a college like Darden ?

i am also a 2008 darden applicant ..

GMAT 700/5.0 essay
Acads : Good 85%
Ext : Not good
Exp : 5 yrs by 2008 aug ( 2 yrs in US , 1 yr in Europe ).

Hi ppl,

I am thinking of applying to Darden this year but skeptical.. Where are u guys gonna arrange for the fee yaar.. I believe it comes to be around 50 lakhs .. I am very skeptical arranging for such a huge sum.. Can anyone enlighten me regarding this aspect ?

My profile :

IT/3 Yrs currently
Gmat: 730/ 4.0

Can anyone point out how does my profile sound for admission to a college like Darden ?

firstly, research how you can raise the money! You do have google! And you have hundreds of threads right here on pagalguy.

Secondly, your stats don't mean a thing honestly. Its what you have done in those 3 years in IT and what you write in your essays that count!

Hi guys,

I am also a 2008 darden applicant:

GMAT 730 4.5
Acads : Average
EC: Good
Exp : 4 yrs by Fall 2008

Cheers,
Vikizz

Let me throw my hat too.

6 yrs exp./IT & Energy/720 GMAT

Hey, any of you guys met the Darden adcom in MBA tour ? Anyone got a chance to visit the campus ? Share your experiences pls.

Hey,

I was filling the darden app and got stuck at this Q:

Did you pursue academic study outside of the country from which your degree was earned?
(yes/No)

My UG Degree was in USA but the high school was in India... SHould I mention abt my high school or are they talking abt any studies after my UG Degree.

Please help!

Thanks,
Anshul

HI.. I got this mail from Darden:

"Darden's Admissions Office and the India Alumni Chapter invite prospective students and alumni to enjoy an evening of Darden hospitality!

Dean Bruner, members of the Darden Leadership Team, and an Admissions representative will be in Mumbai, Bangalore and New Delhi to provide an update from Darden and be on hand to talk to prospective students.

Mumbai
Thursday, November 1
6:30 - 8:30 PM
Hilton Towers Mumbai
Nariman Point,
Mumbai - 400 021
Bangalore
Saturday, November 3
Le Meridien Bangalore
28, Sankey Road
P.B. NO. 174
Bangalore - 560 052
New Delhi
Monday, November 5
Taj Palace Hotel
Sardar Patel Marg
Diplomatic Enclave
New Delhi - 110 021

Wine, beer, soft drinks and hors d'oeuvres will be served.
Spouses and guests are welcome!

There is no charge to attend these events.

Please register for the receptions on our event website.

Dress: Business Attire" rel="nofollow">event website.

Dress: Business Attire"

Did others also receive this..?? if not u can also register and attend the event.. mark the last line- BUSINESS ATTIRE..

yes i got this email too.... but i dont if i will be able to attend it.... will you be going...?