Darden 2010 - Applicants?

Anyone else in the boat? I know there were a lot of applicants for Darden last year from this forum. I am sure there are going to be a few applicants this year as well.

Anyone else in the boat? I know there were a lot of applicants for Darden last year from this forum. I am sure there are going to be a few applicants this year as well.

Hey firefordstone!

I'm in too - my profile is in my signature and as of Aug 2010, I would have had 3.5 years of workex

fordfirestone Says

Yehh...
1 yr work-ex in Indian IT company..and business backgrnd

me too

GMAT- 730
Work ex - 2...will be 3 till joining
IT MNC
Decent acads and extra curricular

Trying to apply in the first round, though the essays are taking a lot of time

I am planning to apply for the first round. Haven't started working on the application essays yet.

My Profile
GMAT - 720
Grad: BITS-Pilani
Work Ex: 5 years by Aug'10
IT Background :banghead:
International Exposure: 1 and half years in US
Extra Curr: Decent

A point to note about Darden is that it doesnt arrange for any financial aid.

I am planning to apply for the first round. Haven't started working on the application essays yet.

My Profile
GMAT - 720
Grad: BITS-Pilani
Work Ex: 5 years by Aug'10
IT Background :banghead:
International Exposure: 1 and half years in US
Extra Curr: Decent

What do you mean? Do you mean scholarships or loans??

On April 14th, Darden Director of Admissions Sara Neher announced that her office has successfully negotiated a new no-cosigner loan program for international students. Details of the program, which have not been shared publicly, have been sent directly to admitted international students, Neher reported.

If you're talking about scholarships - we must concur that in a top notch school such as darden, financial aid is not as given, right? that being said, as for their loan programs - check their site - maybe it got updated recently - but they do offer a good (acceptable) non-cosigner loan system...
Jamiroquai Says
If you're talking about scholarships - we must concur that in a top notch school such as darden, financial aid is not as given, right? that being said, as for their loan programs - check their site - maybe it got updated recently - but they do offer a good (acceptable) non-cosigner loan system...

I spoke with a current student, and he confirmed that Darden does organize a student loan without a US cosigner.
However for scholarships he was not very encouraging, but I guess its the same at all top b-schools

Darden has a loan program for intl students...

ok, now that we got the loan thing settled

i'd love to talk about the school itself

the last year, we had a thread on darden where almost no one got thru - the general consensus being that the candidates lacked international exposure. In fact, if we're to take the posters on the thread at face value, one of the applicants was told that the spoiler of his application was the lack of international experience - considering that the rest of his stats seemed impeccable

this worries me greatly, coz investment bankers never ever ever get international outings / site-visits abroad for more than a week...

Its hard to digest that not a single Indian was selected by Darden because of lack of intl exp. If it was LBS i would have taken this point. I have spoken to few Draden alums and i highlighted this shortcoming{lack of intl exp} in my resume to them but they didn't show any concern over this.Intl exp is just a part of overall app and if you lack it then you can show spikes in other areas....Darden is comin to India in last week of Sep...lets meet their rep and clear our doubts

gmat2010 Says
Its hard to digest that not a single Indian was selected by Darden because of lack of intl exp. If it was LBS i would have taken this point. I have spoken to few Draden alums and i highlighted this shortcoming{lack of intl exp} in my resume to them but they didn't show any concern over this.Intl exp is just a part of overall app and if you lack it then you can show spikes in other areas....Darden is comin to India in last week of Sep...lets meet their rep and clear our doubts

You have to accept the fact that there are a lot of indians who applied to PG who never bothered to register on PG (Despite snooping around here 😃 )

btw - excellent post on Kellogg admission session on your blog. thanks!

i agree ... and secondly there will be indians who got thru and never reported the same....and thanks for your kind words 😃 ...I missed Wharton's reception anybody attended the same in delhi or any other place???Draden will be in delhi on 27 sep in saket...i think in sheraton....

Darden - being a good school has many applicants in GMAT 720+ .

Hence its important to put in about yourself via good applications. Even if you don't have international exposure, try to portray work that you have done with your international clients or some off site work with inetrnational teams.
Ultimately, its your learning they want to hear about.

Hope this helps.

This thread has been sleeping for so long. No darden applicants for 2010 ? Is it recession or just lack of activity.
Here is a bit of info about Darden
Rank - 16 in US
Class size : 309
GMAT average - 701, range 660-740
Avg age at entry - 28
Deadlines for Darden - R1 :Oct 28,2009

--------------------------------------
Those who are applying please share your profile and strategy.

hey guys,

im in for darden. had a chat with a current student last week. posted here: Darden if you do, Darden if you don't Rocky's Journey to an MBA

my profile: IT industry, Project Manager 51 months wexp till date 2 years abroad in Japan and Mid-East Looking at consulting + entrepreneurship 740

Yeah, either everyone else in on PGs got an ace up their sleeve when it comes to Darden, or interest in international (esp US) MBA schools is at an all-time low!

I'm in for sure - i guess the dull response to the PG thread is just because the deadlines quite a while away and most indians are afraid of job prospects post-mba

did u guys see the other threads? theres no one discussing dream colleges! everyones on medium to safety, this year!

hey guys, kindly share your viewpoints on my candidature

GMAT - 700
Exp - 4+ by sep 2010
Extr cur - excellent with good NGO exp.
Presently in Singapore in AT&T;
Field - IT (Unix systems consultant)

Do you think, I stand a chance of getting an interview call?

from my minuscule experience I can say that your international exp and ngo exp will be BIG positives and strengths for your app. gmat score and work-ex is also good.
If you present a good app as a whole you have very good chances.