Darden 2010-2011 Application

Hi All, Any body there planning to Apply to Darden for the class of 2011-2013? I tried to search for a thread but couldn’t find one. if there is already one for it please send me the link. Thanks, -AJ

Hi All,

Any body there planning to Apply to Darden for the class of 2011-2013?

I tried to search for a thread but couldn't find one. if there is already one for it please send me the link.

Thanks,
-AJ

Hey Angil,

I am going to apply in darden in R1. Half way through my essays.

talwarmeister

Hello Meister and Angil,

I am IN as well!!! Started my essays and preparing for my toefl (which is later thz week)

Kalyan

Kalyan,

You do not need TOEFL for Darden. I personally asked Darden admission officer this question. He answered that if your undergraduate degree is in English then you do not need TOEFL.

talwarmeister

Hey Angil,

I am going to apply in darden in R1. Half way through my essays.

talwarmeister

Hello People,

I am also interested in applying to Darden and would be doing so in R1.. It would be great if we could work collectively on the essays and other application front.

Well i guess we can do that. Help each other out where some one is stuck..

Has Anybody abroad.. attended information Session conducted by Darden.
Darden does not conduct it in India..So if Anybody has attended then.. they could share some of the experience and information they got from the School Admission office.

Thanks
-AJ

Has Anybody abroad.. attended information Session conducted by Darden.
Darden does not conduct it in India..So if Anybody has attended then.. they could share some of the experience and information they got from the School Admission office.

Thanks
-AJ

Darden conducts the information sessions in India too. It conducted sessions at Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore,New Delhi in Aug. I went to one in Delhi.

The experience was fine. If you have any specific question i would be glad to answer those.

talwarmeister

Thanks talwarmeister for the info.

I guess I checked for the upcoming sessions in sept and oct and probably they are done with them in India for now. Anyway, Will get in touch with you when I have some specific questions.

-AJ

Darden Facts 2010-2011 Application
Key Dates
Round ApplicationInterviewsDecisions* Deposit*
due by Begin Released* Deadline*
11:59 PM (EST)
1Oct. 14, 2010Mid-NovemberJan. 12, 2011 Feb. 22, 2011
2Jan. 5, 2011Late JanuaryMar. 24, 2011 TBD
3Mar. 30, 2011Late April 12-May-11 TBD

Application Essays:

1. The Darden MBA program expects students to actively participate in learning teams, the classroom, and the broader community. Please share one or two examples from your past experience that best illustrate(s) how you will contribute to this highly engaging and hands-on learning environment. (500 words)

2.2. Please discuss how a global event that has taken place in the past two years has impacted the way you think about leadership broadly and personally. (500 words)

Application Fee:
215 USD

TOEFL

Not Required: Candidates who received their bachelor's degree from a university where the medium of instruction was English are not required to take an English language assessment test (i.e., they are exempt).

Required: Candidates who received their bachelor's degree from a university where the medium of instruction was not English are required to take an English language assessment test.

Any Idea, how to approcah essay 2?

Hi all,, I have created a group
UVA darden aspires

in Orkut - Please join

We can create a statistics how many people applies and how many gets into darden

Hello everyone.

I am applying in R1.
Hope everyone is having a good time doing applications.

I have one query. Any idea about length of recommendations one must ask fro from supervisors ?
Is there any limitation on words ?

Hey hello to everyone
Was looking for a Darden thread for a long time...i guess i missed it...anyways i am also applying for R1.

Nice to join the aspiring community

Submitted my application for R1... now a long wait starts...

Who else made it to R1?

I have submitted for R1. The wait game has begun

I have submitted for R1 as well... wating..:-(

invites are out for R1..anyone here got an invite yet?

Are the invites out for international applicants.. fingers crossed..