Darden(2007) Interviews and Beyond

Hi all, Started this thread for all those souls who have applied to Darden, virginia in R- 1. Have any of you guys already given interviews . Plese post your experiences. Thanks manty

Hi all,
Started this thread for all those souls who have applied to Darden, virginia in R- 1.
Have any of you guys already given interviews . Plese post your experiences.

Thanks
manty

Guys,

Anybody got any response from Darden! The decision deadline is close by but no interview calls yet.. I know Darden puts a lot of weightage on interview, is there any possibility of getting an admit without interview?

When we get an interview call from the adcom, does it mean they really like your application and if you don't goof up in your interview you get an admit? or do they call everybody for an interview?

Thanks.

Hi

I have received an interview invitation frm Darden fr d early action round..Anyone here who is done wid the interviews?..plz share ur experience.

Cheers
MBAGal

Hi MBA Gal

I hav applied to Darden R1- No interview calls as yet

Can u let us know of the foll. Will help everyone on the blog:-
Date of sub of app
Date of interview call
Mode of interview - Alumni/ Telephone
Profile - GMAT/ Exp etc

Hi

I have received an interview invitation frm Darden fr d early action round..Anyone here who is done wid the interviews?..plz share ur experience.

Cheers
MBAGal

Congrats.. when is your interview??

Hey,

I submitted my application on 20tOct and received an interview invitation on arnd 3rd Nov.

Profile:
GMAT - 700,
Good academics and decent extra-curriculars.
2yrs work exp in IT.

Darden adcom is visiting India for a world MBA tour and my interview is scheduled with an adcom officer on 1st Dec. Would like to get in touch with someone who is alreay done with the interview. People done with interviews please share your experiences.

cheers,
MBAGal

Hey,

I submitted my application on 20tOct and received an interview invitation on arnd 3rd Nov.

Profile:
GMAT - 700,
Good academics and decent extra-curriculars.
2yrs work exp in IT.

Darden adcom is visiting India for a world MBA tour and my interview is scheduled with an adcom officer on 1st Dec. Would like to get in touch with someone who is alreay done with the interview. People done with interviews please share your experiences.

cheers,
MBAGal

Hello!
Can a person schedule an interview (telephonic/ MBA Fair) before submitting the application form? I haven't yet submitted the form. I plan to do so in the R2.
Any suggestions for me?

Warm regards,
NeoZen
Hi

Cheers
MBAGal

Hi

I have received an interview call from Darden. My interview is scheduled for 6th Dec at the Taj Palace. Anyone getting interivew calls at Mumbai?

Ricky
Hello!
Can a person schedule an interview (telephonic/ MBA Fair) before submitting the application form? I haven't yet submitted the form. I plan to do so in the R2.
Any suggestions for me?

Warm regards,
NeoZen

Hi NeoZen

I asked the similar question to the Darden adcom. According to them, one can submit the appliaction without the interview and once the adcom reviews the application, interview calls are given. So I guess you can submit the application. I did the same.

Ricky

Hi NeoZen,

I had first submitted my aplication and was then invited for interview, after my application was reviewed. For interviewing before the the application submission, students are required to visit the Darden campus, which is very difficult for international students. I am not sure if they conduct any interviews (before reviewing the aplication) for international students during the MBA tours. You might mail and check with the admissions office.

cheers,
MBAGal

Hello!
Any suggestions for me?

Warm regards,
NeoZen

Hi NeoZen,

Even I am submitting in round 2 and would like to know if we can attend the interview in MBA tour, as I think face-to-face interviews are better than telephonic to make our point.

Hi Guys,

Lets share our profiles also here so that it will be usefule at a later time for other applicants.

Please post ur profiles.

My Profile:

GMAT : 720 (Q:50, V:38 )
TOEFL : 267

Workex: 3.5 years till now in manufacturing, IT and family business all inclusive.

Applying to darden in R-2.

Hi,

I am applying for Darden second round. The last date is 5th dec and I have scheduled an interview on the 5th, just before the deadline.

My profile

IT -4 yrs Manufacturing -6 mths
GMAT -780
TOEFL -114
Currently in US for Infosys.

Regards
Raj

Hello,

I am applying for the Full time MBA program . I was trying to schedule an interview but it says no off campus interviews available. I reside in delhi and can have a telephonic interview only.

Is interview mandatory and if yes please help me in scheduling one.

An early reply will be appreciated.

Regards
Vaibhav Goel
0091 9818082860

Hi,

I guess it is mandatory for people who reside in US to schedule interview before the deadline and that is the reason I had to struggle to get the interview before the deadline of 5th Dec. I am not sure in case of international applicants. I dont see how you you can schedule interviews if they are no available in the region. Do shoot a mail to the admission folks and check this out.

Thanks
Raj

Insane to come back on Pagalguy after a long long time..and especially insane coz the coursework is killing me!!

Anyway, to answer objectively all the questions people have about Darden and it's interview process:

1. You need to interview at Darden, if you want to interview prior to submitting the application.

2. International students who are not in US or can not come and interview prior to submission of their application, will have to submit the application and wait for an interview call. The application review is a selection process for the interview. No one is admitted without an interview.

3. Generally, you have three options for interview:
a. Admission committee visiting India during MBA fairs
b. Alumni in India or second year student on exchange to India
c. Telephonic interview, only if the above two options are not available.

Hope this clarifies much of the confusion.

cheers

Saptarshi
Darden Class of 2008

I am applying to Darden in Round 2.
My question is regarding Transcript. In the self reported transcript it is metioned that Credit hours are mandatory. I could not find the Credit hours in my gradesheets.
How is the credit hours calculated?

Hi All,
I am also done with Darden R2 application...hoping for the best...anybody from R1 with interview call or admit please post profile....
thanks
hellojp