CSMP program run by NISM

Can someone give me the information about “certified security market professional”(CSMP) 1 year post graduation program run BY NISM National Institute of Securities Markets (Established by Securities and Exchange Board of India) So senio…

Can someone give me the information about "certified security market professional"(CSMP) 1 year post graduation program run BY NISM

National Institute of Securities Markets (Established by Securities and Exchange Board of India)

So seniors please give some light on this program- Diff. between this program and Normal MBA in finance.
Which one is better?

even i'm trying to gather information on this course. But seems like nobody has any idea about this course. Read through the prospectus, looked pretty neat, but then every institute claims to be the best. So dont want to succumb to be a gullible bakra.
If anybody gets even a tiny bit of information please share it here.
Thanks.

Any one any update.

I too went thru the prospectus..However, the placement section in the pros..disappointed me to a gr8 extent.. Anyway, If anybody has some other points which can help us further decide..pls pls Quote 😃

I went for the GD/PI.. The interviewie team seemed to have good knowledge... Just a flash news :shock: for me was...This is the 8th batch that would be slected for the program... No where in the prospectus mentions this..However, overall I feel for Commerce freshers it's a good start:cheerio:... and for people dealing in Investment banking, it surely adds value:cheerio:... If anybody has some views please share.. 😃

i called NISM in the morning...results will be out by 5 P.M:cheers:

Hi everybody Piece of information for those who are bit confused regarding the course.
Especially tapa and Ashwin don't worry, by the comments of so called
mr gupta or Pravin Gawas Because These people didn't proved
themselves. And you Mr Pravin If you are really in JPM then its
wonderfull for us to know that people from JPMC are also attracted to
the course though it be a Critic. Friends I am sure that you guys must
have gone through the placement bouchre of utiicm In that all the
questions to your answer lies. Even they have given list of almuni
with there current organisations and profile Go thorugh that and you
will find the best of the Industry had accepted the course To name
few .... UBS, ICICI Securities Oman, Thomson reuteurs,Kotak Mahindra
UK, Axis bank, ING Bank Amestradam,Noumara, standard chartered, The
profile range from Business analyst to Associate VP. So this tells the
course had been recognised by industries experts. And also many of the
positions are based out abroad.

Ps: These are all facts gathered from various sources If any body needs any specification feel free to ask.
This is solely my opinion and yes I like analysis that is the reason I am going for this course.

Hii....the overall course content seems good.....but what about the placements???....Is there any senior who can give the details abt placements and Packages offered here???
Also, I am an engineer with 2 yrs of workex....I am interested in securities markets and want to switch my vocation. Wht r my chances???

I have the same questions as Mr. Niks60 has..

i did my engg.. and have around 3 years of work ex in software.. am i eligible for this program?

thanks much for your responses in advance

Kiran

manoj2010 Says
i called NISM in the morning...results will be out by 5 P.M:cheers:

hi hope u join this course. What about the placements in your batch. I am planning to jn this course

Hi Niks,Kiran and Shilpa,

This course is now renamed as PGPSM(Post Graduate Program in Securities Markets). You may find all the information in the thread for this years batch: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/one-year-pgpsm-by-nism-established-by-sebi-class-of-2011-2012-25063566 and the official website.

Hii....the overall course content seems good.....but what about the placements???....Is there any senior who can give the details abt placements and Packages offered here???
Also, I am an engineer with 2 yrs of workex....I am interested in securities markets and want to switch my vocation. Wht r my chances???

I have the same questions as Mr. Niks60 has..

i did my engg.. and have around 3 years of work ex in software.. am i eligible for this program?

thanks much for your responses in advance

Kiran

Shilpa1234 Says
hi hope u join this course. What about the placements in your batch. I am planning to jn this course