CSC Company queries

hi all…since i didn’t find any of the threads related to CSC…so thought of inaugrating myself…so here goes my query(myself b.tech 2010…non-cs)…since i have got offer from CSC so wanted to know whether it’s good to wait for CSC join…

hi all......since i didn't find any of the threads related to CSC...so thought of inaugrating myself......so here goes my query(myself b.tech 2010..non-cs)....since i have got offer from CSC so wanted to know whether it's good to wait for CSC joining or should i choose Infy since Infy has given me the DOJ in June end ?....what would you have done ?...personally i want to join CSC but since no reply from them so confused...

Also can somebody give some insights into CSC....what's the training ?..how is the work culture and all that...?...maybe this information will be useful for me to decide...

hi all......since i didn't find any of the threads related to CSC...so thought of inaugrating myself......so here goes my query(myself b.tech 2010..non-cs)....since i have got offer from CSC so wanted to know whether it's good to wait for CSC joining or should i choose Infy since Infy has given me the DOJ in June end ?....what would you have done ?...personally i want to join CSC but since no reply from them so confused...

Also can somebody give some insights into CSC....what's the training ?..how is the work culture and all that...?...maybe this information will be useful for me to decide...

it will depend on your own will and the position offered by these companies to you.

what insight into CSC you want ?
please elaborate.

Since my Infy DOJ is 25 June...so i am pretty confused about what to do...whether wait for CSC DOJ or go to Mysore on 25th ?..me from delhi.

I have heard that CSC best two domains for freshers are FSG, GTS....so i am hopeful that i will be given one of these...so could you please give some information about it ? and overall work culture when compared to Infy ? And some information regarding training procedure/duration ?

could you also give me the comparison of the bench strength of the two companies ?

no one working/having knowledge about CSC ?....reply someone.

Since my Infy DOJ is 25 June...so i am pretty confused about what to do...whether wait for CSC DOJ or go to Mysore on 25th ?..me from delhi.

I have heard that CSC best two domains for freshers are FSG, GTS....so i am hopeful that i will be given one of these...so could you please give some information about it ? and overall work culture when compared to Infy ? And some information regarding training procedure/duration ?

could you also give me the comparison of the bench strength of the two companies ?

hi,
if you are willing to join CSC then you must wait for it.
yes there are 2 domains for freshers as mentioned in your post above.
but it doesn't mean any rocket science.
the technologies being used in these are front end ones like java, .NET etc
and the usual back end ones like main frames.

which technology you are allocated to depends on the batch strength and project requirement. there is no rule regarding that.

as far as work culture is concerned, opinions vary from person to person.
some say infy is better and some vote in favor of CSC, i won't vote here
training is generally project dependent and lasts anywhere from 1 month to 3 months. as far as infy is concerned, i don't have much idea about its training procedure, although i have heard that their training is one of the best in the country; you better confirm that first :)

regarding bench strength, infy has a bigger bench strength as compared to CSC, just because of larger number of projects and overall headcount.
however it shouldn't affect your decision of joining any of them.

hope this much info is enough 😃

CSC is a company worth waiting for...its a top company and u will get a gr8 amount of growth in this MNC...there r large onsite opportunities ...

Infy,TCS,Wipro are always below CSC...these r always II tier companies as compared to CSC (mind it)...anyone can join but CSC has its own reputation.....

If i wud have been in ur position i wud definitely wait for CSC...no matter wat my interests or career goals are...

ya thx somjeet for the motivation....this is what i also think of CSC.....ok...let's wait till 25th June till the time I get some reply from CSC....as it appears to me, if no reply comes, i will have to leave infy option and keep waiting for CSC....

phodu Says
ya thx somjeet for the motivation....this is what i also think of CSC.....ok...let's wait till 25th June till the time I get some reply from CSC....as it appears to me, if no reply comes, i will have to leave infy option and keep waiting for CSC....

If you can afford it and dont mind giving up some of your holidays (the time before CSC asks you to join) you can join Infy till you get confirmation from CSC. Just dont expect to get a work ex certificate or show this in your resume later. This also pre supposes that there is no bond at Infy

When I passed out from college I had an offer from Essar and Cognizant. That year there were floods in Surat and Essar joining date was postponed indefinately. Hence I joined Cognizant Bangalore when they called. When Essar finally called I put in my papers and went to Surat.

However, I did not have a bond in any of the places. Depending on that, this may or maynot be a strategy.

Hmm...here are my 2 cents:

Infy :Good on-site opportunities, Awesome training for freshers, brand reputation that will help you when you change jobs down the career later, quicker career growth.

CSC : One of the Biggest IT services co to work for, Good work environment,
fortune 500 etc

All i want to say is , why drive a 150cc bike when you can go for 500cc one?

ofcourse i know that many in India do not know abt CSC and agreed that Infy is far popular here..

A small statictic...In terms of revenues CSC = Infy + Tcs + wipro ..( figures approx )

Finally both are very good companies, but as the experienced say, it will not matter which room u r in...coz u r already in HELL (pun intended)

hope my post helps..

I'm from CSC.the CSC brandname is very good.When you move outside you can demand a big hike.Also CSC pays you decent if you're switching from some other comp.
When it comes to freshers it all depends on your luck.Project allocation is very random.Some ppl get into very good projects whereas some get shitty stuff or are on bench for long time.Work env is decent by service comp standards but sucks in comparison to product cos.Like all other service cos sal increment is paltry over the years but on switching you can leverage the CSC brandname.
If you're interested in serious tech work then CSC is preferable.work there for some time and then try to move into product comp.
if mba is on cards then it doesn't matter whether you join infy or CSC.

@kaustubhnsit248...could you tell into which domain you were put into when you joined it as a fresher and how much time did they take for your DOJ ?
does they provide accomodation during training if we are posted outside delhi ? what could be the in-hand pay during training (3LPA) and post(3.75LPA) ?..........+ on a serious note i don't have any plans for mba....

@21guns, yeah your post certainly helped now, all i am waiting is for their offer letter and DOJ.

how much does CSC pay to a fresher?

CSC is d most bakwaas cmpany i have ever seen....

u shd join INFY at any cost...
CSC pays so less n has d most irresponsible management ....

i was recruited fr 2008 batch....my frends gt joining in 2009....

dey never called once fr joining....
i didnt even gt the joining....n u wont even believe wat they said....

dey said we have already given u joining on 11 july 2008 but u didnt turn up...so we hv nw cancelled ur offer....can u believe it....??all my career hope n aspirations were shattred...
m here in front of u ....n i request evry person nt to join CSC...bcz wat d truth is ....no pay hike,no opportunity,...a fresher gets a meagre 19k....gud fr nthing cmpany....

some people u shd b beware of in CSC r....

ms shivani shah HR noida..she very politely said i can't do anything abt it....sry ur offer stands cancelled we cnt give u joining......2nd one is anshul V chaudhary....dese 2 people ruined my career n believe me dey hv no grudges.....

dey cn do anything to prove they r ryt....CSC employee ko CHOOS leti hai mere bhai....dn join pls...

infy is d best n has d best traniiiing prgram in india....

CSC is CAREER SPOILING COMPANY

n here is to all d frustration i had felt in 2 yrs bcs of CSC ...this is fr CSC ...

one more person is Mrs payal kakkar......
dey cn only ruin ur career ...n dey hv no grudges abt it!!
believe me....

hello,
csc offer letters are yet 2 come in july 1st week.
can anyone help us get some idea regarding what kind of traing are we going to get intially and what, how we should be prepared to face it?

hello,
csc offer letters are yet 2 come in july 1st week.
can anyone help us get some idea regarding what kind of traing are we going to get intially and what, how we should be prepared to face it?

hi,
you will be allocated to different training schedules (e.g. java, mainframes, .NET etc etc) according to various project based requirements.
what training will you be allocated to, cannot be determined earlier.

till then, relax chill :D
if you are very eager to do some work then refresh your basic programming skills which can be java or C or C++ or whatever. 😃
@kaustubhnsit248...could you tell into which domain you were put into when you joined it as a fresher and how much time did they take for your DOJ ?
does they provide accomodation during training if we are posted outside delhi ? what could be the in-hand pay during training (3LPA) and post(3.75LPA) ?..........+ on a serious note i don't have any plans for mba....

@21guns, yeah your post certainly helped now, all i am waiting is for their offer letter and DOJ.

My case was slightly different.We were recruited by covansys at a much higher package as part of IIT/NIT batch.Few months after placement CSC acquired covansys and we became a part of CSC.
The good part about salary is that you get the entire amount as in-hand.Out of that you'll have to pay taxes and EPF contribution.Rest all will come in your account.Some components like LTA,telephone and medical will be reimbursed on producing original bills.But no HIDDEN component at all
Since we were recruited by covansys so no accomodation was provided but i think CSC provides 2 week acco.
No delay in joining time.but again it depends on a college to college basis.
I was allocated the AMDO domain at that time which is related to app development.Right now I'm in manufacturing(GMTZ) domain since some restructuring has happened.
Reg project allocation as i'd said before as well it is random and that is really a negative point.And you'll face this scenario in every service comp.There are some extremely good dev projects here and at the same time some bad prod support kind of projects as well.So some ppl are satisfied while some others are frustrated.
As i'd said before CSC has a decent brand name in market and will help you immensely while switching across any service comp.If you're in any dev project then CSC brandname will help you in switching even to a product comp.
Although RMG dept which manages allocation of projects is very inept and inefficient at its task.They'll rarely allocate projects based on your skill set and mostly on requirements.You might be having pplsoft skill but you'll be put in mainframe project as the objective is resource utilization and bench minimization.Freshers are the worst sufferers in this.with respect to this point Infosys might cause you more problems than CSC.

For any query feel free to PM me.

now they have discontinued that 2 weeks accomodation policy (at least at the freshers level).
also, 2009 passed out students have been recruited at a probationary basis and were given very less compensation for the first 6 months (15K per month all in all). after that some were regularised and taken on the permanent rolls of the company.
No delay in joining time.but again it depends on a college to college basis.
it also depends on the project requirement.

Reg project allocation as i'd said before as well it is random and that is really a negative point.And you'll face this scenario in every service comp.There are some extremely good dev projects here and at the same time some bad prod support kind of projects as well.So some ppl are satisfied while some others are frustrated.
this is the scenario everywhere in the service industry. so better be prepared for the same. :)

Although RMG dept which manages allocation of projects is very inept and inefficient at its task.They'll rarely allocate projects based on your skill set and mostly on requirements.You might be having pplsoft skill but you'll be put in mainframe project as the objective is resource utilization and bench minimization.Freshers are the worst sufferers in this.with respect to this point Infosys might cause you more problems than CSC.

I have left infosys offer and now got an off-campus offer in some other company as a secondary option......plus i am waiting for the CSC offer letter....i was recruited around mid april....from which college do u belong ?

Hi

I too have thecsame dilemma . My infy DoJ is in july And i am yet to recieve an offer letter from CSC .
CSC visited our campus on 7th june and said that offer letter wud come within a month and joining by august/september . Besides there was also a rumour that CSC has come for tech-support. Though they denied this and
said they haven't comer for bpo or kpo. And that the designation gvien to us wub be Associate Engineer

I need advice whether i should wait for CSC or not. I know that CSC is bigger brand .Work-wise , it purely depends
on luck what project/technology we get , which is true for most of the IT industry.

But i have heard CSC has mainly maintenance and infrastructure projects and Most of the work in it is on Mainframes . What is scope and growth prospects in Mainframe , is it an outdated tecnology .

Besides , a guy here has posted that CSC never gave him the offer letter . Is it true that succh things happen. I am a bit afraid tha i give up Infy and CSC's offer doesnt come.

@phodu : What decision did u make ? did u go for infy or chose to wait for CSC. When did CSC visited your campus ? And have u recieved the CSC offer letter?