Critically Yours - Entertainment

Studies se distress karne ke liye sirf teen cheezo ki zarurat hai - Entertainment, Entertainment aur Entertainment :: I can never make a flop film - Sajid Khan Sajid Khan, country’s most talented directors has very rightly made a …

Studies se distress karne ke liye sirf teen cheezo ki zarurat hai - Entertainment, Entertainment aur Entertainment

I can never make a flop film - Sajid Khan

Sajid Khan, country's most talented directors has very rightly made a statement - "I can never make a flop film"

His statement forced me to think. What is the definition of a flop film? Fortunately, I need not search for answers since in the same interview, I found one.

"I will never let down the audience. I have proved that three times. Now I will do that again. My film Himmatwala will cross Rs.100 crore in first week."

I wonder who made that statement? Sajid Khan's sixth sense? His lack of sense? Or his ego?

Today, a film grossing over 100 crores is considered a hit. The story and acting comes at the bottom of the list. The toppers are actors...ah! sorry, STARS and the most important bit, Marketing.

This very much explains why films like Housefull, Housefull 2, Ready, Bodyguard, Rowdy Rathore, Ra.One, Golmaal 3 etc. are termed as 'Successful', since it is measured in monetary terms.

It is also the hardcore marketing (another word for hammering) that works. Multiplexes will run those movies at prime time and for the major part of the day, leaving not many options for audiences.

Also, the masses will watch all movies of their favorite stars irrespective of the content. For those people, every movie is a super-hit and they will bash all critics. These masses are more interested in the star that they are the fans of rather than the story of the movie. Hence, they take it personally when somebody criticises the movie.

There are movie goers who are genuinely interested in the content of the movie irrespective of the actors but unfortunately, most people are star struck.

Movies like Khosla ka Ghosla, Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Shanghai, Vicky Donor, Do Dooni Char etc. are critically acclaimed but end up as 'Average' if measured by the collections.

When movie goers will watch movies with an unbiased mind and watch with the brains rather than the heart, that will be the day when such directors will retire and others will give more weightage to content.

Neel Jani
Studies se distress karne ke liye sirf teen cheezo ki zarurat hai - Entertainment, Entertainment aur Entertainment

I can never make a flop film - Sajid Khan

Sajid Khan, country's most talented directors has very rightly made a statement - "I can never make a flop film"

His statement forced me to think. What is the definition of a flop film? Fortunately, I need not search for answers since in the same interview, I found one.

I wonder who made that statement? Sajid Khan's sixth sense? His lack of sense? Or his ego?

Today, a film grossing over 100 crores is considered a hit. The story and acting comes at the bottom of the list. The toppers are actors...ah! sorry, STARS and the most important bit, Marketing.

This very much explains why films like Housefull, Housefull 2, Ready, Bodyguard, Rowdy Rathore, Ra.One, Golmaal 3 etc. are termed as 'Successful', since it is measured in monetary terms.

It is also the hardcore marketing (another word for hammering) that works. Multiplexes will run those movies at prime time and for the major part of the day, leaving not many options for audiences.

Also, the masses will watch all movies of their favorite stars irrespective of the content. For those people, every movie is a super-hit and they will bash all critics. These masses are more interested in the star that they are the fans of rather than the story of the movie. Hence, they take it personally when somebody criticises the movie.

There are movie goers who are genuinely interested in the content of the movie irrespective of the actors but unfortunately, most people are star struck.

Movies like Khosla ka Ghosla, Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Shanghai, Vicky Donor, Do Dooni Char etc. are critically acclaimed but end up as 'Average' if measured by the collections.

When movie goers will watch movies with an unbiased mind and watch with the brains rather than the heart, that will be the day when such directors will retire and others will give more weightage to content.

Neel Jani

I think it is pretty harsh to completely disparage Sajid khan's efforts towards cinema. I am not a huge fan and agree that marketing and Big actors' name plays a big role in a movie's commercial success now-a-days, but still his films cannot be completely criticized as masses love it and just because a huge section of our society's choice is different from others', their choice can't be deemed superior or inferior than someone else.
PS : I also did not like 3 films he has made so far.

After rocking the floor in 2013, Spandan is back again. Yes friends you heared it right. Spandan the annual cultural and sports jamboree of GLA university is all set to go on 9th and 10th of April. Spandan is the most talked about event of GLA University. As we all know that fest of a university showcases the hidden talents of the students through the means of various programs. So its very necessary on the part of a university to organize a fest in such an appealing way that students should volunteer to be a part of it. GLA University does the same. The fest of the University is all time hit and students come forward to be a part of Spandan. This year too many students are participating in Spandan to showcase their talents.