Creating opportunities for under priviliged children

Date : 28 september, 2009 My friend Neerav ( IIT-Kanpur alumnus) , pursuing MS from University of Pennsylvania , pinged me on gtalk and told me about an initiative of his mates from IIT. The initative was aimed at creating opportunities for u…

Date : 28 september, 2009

My friend Neerav ( IIT-Kanpur alumnus) , pursuing MS from University of Pennsylvania , pinged me on gtalk and told me about an initiative of his mates from IIT. The initative was aimed at creating opportunities for under priviliged children.

I visited the website of this online platform called ' Godparents.in ' and was amazed to see people from across the globe supporting the children in India and helping them to make a better future.

My view:

Sometimes, we get busy with our luxurious life and success to the extent that we forget about our responsibilities towards the society . So, let us take out time from our busy lives and see how can we contribute to the society, which has given us a lot. There are many ways in which we can contribute.

One of the ways which i chose is to create opportunities for those children who are the future of nation but are deprived of even basic necessities of life.

I became the part of the great initiative of few of my friends . This initiative has a mission to bring together NGOs and potential donors assisting in the nationwide effort to create opportunities for the millions of underprivileged children who otherwise do not have access to even the most basic necessities of life.

When you visit the website, Creating opportunities for children , you will find profiles of real children in need who can benefit directly from your support and care. You can choose to be a Godparent to any child thus opening up for them a world of wonderful opportunities. Further, you can nurture your relationships with your Godchildren by periodically monitoring the impact your financial assistance has made to their lives.

More details on our team's achievements till date

1. First transaction of the initiative was made on August 21, 2009
  2. Amount raised till date is more than 6 lakhs
  3. 283 godparents fully supporting 119 children and partially supporting 31 children
  4. Maximum fund has been raised from United States followed by India
  5. Microsoft is one of the supporters of the initiative.
  6. Mann Sukhija ( Mr.Earth 2009 ) is the brand ambassador of godparents.in

I urge all the puys who believe that they should contribute to the society to please come forward and help these children in making a better future for themselves and hence, a better future of our nation.

Let's spread humanity across !!!!

Puys who want to be the part of the initiative and help in creating opportunities for these children , feel free to fire any queries here as well as you can visit the following links for further clarifications.

About godparents.in

Team Leaders of the initiative

our supporters
our statistics

One more thing puys, if you can give directions for any reliable NGO in or around bangalore ... it would be of great help. As for time being, we dont have any partner NGO in this area.

ps : feel free to shoot any doubts regarding the working of platform or becoming a godparent

pps: mods, i hope this does not comes under commercial publicity as it is a non profit making platform working for social cause... if it does violate any rule of pg, you know what to do with this thread :)

ppps : if required, i will see that Shivam Srivastava (IIT-K alumnus, currently working with Prudent Process Managements Services, Mumbai ) joins the forum to help us in any queries which any one out here has!

edit : Contributions to all NGOs listed on Godparents.in are eligible for Tax Exemption u/s 80G of Income Tax Act in India. Contributions to some NGOs are also eligible for Tax Exemption u/s 35AC.
Date : 28 september, 2009

My friend Neerav ( IIT-Kanpur alumnus) , pursuing MS from University of Pennsylvania , pinged me on gtalk and told me about an initiative of his mates from IIT. The initative was aimed at creating opportunities for under priviliged children.

hi buddy, very gud initiative by ur friends.and i hv a gud news for u.i hv joined godparents and also hv donated money for a girl.i think ur frnds r doing a wonderful work
chocolateguy Says
hi buddy, very gud initiative by ur friends.and i hv a gud news for u.i hv joined godparents and also hv donated money for a girl.i think ur frnds r doing a wonderful work

when did you join bhai ??

@ all

if you join after reading this thread... please post it here so that we can know how many puys have become the part of noble cause !!!
when did you join bhai ??

@ all

if you join after reading this thread... Please post it here so that we can know how many puys have become the part of noble cause !!!

jus a half an hour back and hv got to tel u ur frnds r doing an awesome job dude.i'll do my best to help the chidren....thanks for giving me this opportunity to help....

Great initiative guys ! congratulations .
Coincidentally a friend of mine pursuing MS in Carnegie Mellon University recruited me to a similar fund raising initiative for poor children in India . The group is on facebook .
I was just wondering why we dont do this in Indian universities .Have we become too insensitive to the poverty around us ?

Great work this.I think their funda is similar to GiveIndia - donate online to 200+ trustworthy charities, screened for transparency and credibility. which is the pioneer of online philanthropy in india.