Courses to pursue after MBA and some work experience

Dear All, I am shikha and currently working as an assistant marketing manager in one of the German MNCs. I have done a dual degree course called " MBA Tech " from Narsee Monji Institute of Management and higher studies as a result of which …

Dear All,

I am shikha and currently working as an assistant marketing manager in one of the German MNCs. I have done a dual degree course called " MBA Tech " from Narsee Monji Institute of Management and higher studies as a result of which i hold two degrees : B- Tech in Information Technology and MBA in marketing. I passed out in 2009 and since then , i have acquired almost 3.5 years of experience of working in the marketing field in the corporate world.

Lately, i have been having thoughts of quitting my job and doing some 1 year course in a specific area with in marketing function so that i bring in some definite path or certainty to my work life. At present , there is no clear direction in my mind as to what i eventually want to become or get into w.r.t. marketing field. The scope of marketing activities in my present company is quite vague and they make their employees do clerical work in the name of marketing activity.

I have done research on the net regarding 1 year courses in some super specialized courses w.r.t to marketing and happened to come across XIC website( Xaviers Institute of Communication in Mumbai " which offers 9 month diploma courses in PR & Corp Communication, Journalism & Mass communication , Advertising & Marketing Communication etc.

Ultimately ,my interest lies in starting something of my own or work as a free lancer and i have a keen interest in becoming a writer But WHATs and HOWs are yet to be figured out.

Kindly advise if quitting the present job and taking up a course would be a wise decision and if yes, which course from the above mentioned list of XICs courses would be more helpful in taking me towards my dream of becoming a free lance writer.

Thanks,
Shikha

Hi Shikha,

I am working as an asst manager marketing. i am also looking for some opportunities.
did some research and came to know about some courses like-

1. ADVERTISING MEDIA MANAGEMENT - CENTENNIAL

2. BRAND MANAGEMENT - SENECA

3. MARKETING - RESEARCH AND ANALYTICS - CENTENNIA

L4. MARKETING - SALES AND ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT - CENTENNIAL

5. MARKETING AND BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE RESEARCH - ALGONQUIN

6. FELLOW PROGRAMME IN MANAGEMENT- IIM

7. SAP IN CRM

but in my opinion if you got good financial back up then start something at your own.

Courses can only help you in boosting your career a bit.