Counselling Round Querries

Hello friends… Now that we are almost at the end of the admission procedure through CAP rounds for admission to MMS course this year many of us would have already secured admission in some or the other management institute according to ou…

Hello friends.....

Now that we are almost at the end of the admission procedure through CAP rounds for admission to MMS course this year many of us would have already secured admission in some or the other management institute according to our choice.

But still many of us are there who have pinned their hope on the last that is the counselling round or fourth round of admissin procedure for admission to the desired B-school.

Hence i'm starting this thread only for querries and discussions related to counselling round (or gambling round; as they say... ).

Feel free to ask questions or answer them, post links, or provide any useful information to candidates who would be taking part in the last round.

Also i would like to request the seniors who have taken admissions through counselling rounds or have knowledge about d same to help students like us to cross this final hurdle...:)

So all the best 2 each and everyone who would be part of the 4th cap round.... time to rock n roll...:splat:

Cap 3 allotment list 2morrow...so cap 4 procedure will begin from wednesday..... guys do post ur ranks alloted for cap4 by the DTE....

5 more hours 2 go...

ALL D BEST 2 ALL....:)

this is the counselling round experience of one of d puys dat i found in some old thread (its of d year 2009).....unfortunately i cudn't find d thread again (i stumbled upon it d firt tym n saved d written matter on my desktop!!) nor can i recollect d name of d person....
but i wud like 2 thank him 4 dis gr888 insight into counselling round procedure.....dis will help people like me a gr8 deal...

hey ppl....
here's the CAP 4 experience...to the best of my knowledge....
based on how accurately/inaccurately i can recollect the chain of events...
OK
as promised the round started at 8.30 am...(impressed)
....full on junta.....and everybody telling each other..."i didnt expect so many people to turn up ...u know cuz of the swine flu"
to be honest...i indulged and joined into the banal banter too....score? place? etc dumb questions....
neways...
so 8:30 am ko loud speaker pe announce huaa(english with a heavy puneri/maharashtrian accent)..."People who have a score of 170 and above please enter college "PREMISE" !!..(hahah)"....turned off...but who cares abt incorrect grammar and usage...then i think there were abt 12 people with 180 and above and a few people with 170 and above who entered....2 of them took JB ka 2 seats....baaki ka dus log(180 above wala) kalti mara..they said "JB nai to kuch nai...agle saal try karenge"...people with 170 and above must have taken some seats....this process took abt 45-60 minutes....then at arnd 9:30...People with a score of 160 and above were instructed to enter the college PREMISE...( i thought this time he wud say premises...but nai.....)
this time more ppl entered...dunno kisne kaunsa college liya ...nothing.,...then after another 45 minutes....ppl with a score of 150 and above were instructed to enter the PREMISE....then i think they announced...that JBIMS...SYDENHAM...WELLINGKAR...seats are filled....
fir uske baad people with a score of 147 and above were told to enter...then they announced...after some time....that MET PUMBA were filled....then 145 and above were told to enter at around 11:30 am....
thats when i went it....Here's what happens inside....

there are 3 rooms u are taken through....
All rooms have a projector ...on which there is a list of colleges scrolling with the number of seats vacant in each college...

ROOM 1)
They ask u to keep the DD and the 100 Rs cash ready....and u have the screen in front of u....they tell u to keep a list of colleges u want to take admission in handy,...
here's the catch....U r gonna be at the admission counter in ROOM 3 ....45 minutes later...so by the time ur turn of taking admission comes....Things will be quite different on the Screen....

after arnd 20 mins of waiting in room 1...

ROOM2)
You are waiting in the class to submit ur DD and pay the 100 Rs cash....but suddenly u realize...the seats that were empty when u were in room 1 ...now suddenly start getting filled....u might start panicking at this point...
After 15 mins of waiting.... ur turn to pay the cash and submit the DD comes...
Then 5-10 mins later u r taken to ROOM 3

ROOM 3)

u are arranged score ke hissab se....if there are 4-5 people on the same score...preference is given to the person with the highest CET WRITTEN test score....they have this list generated by the computer in ROOM 2 when u register and pay 100 Rs....the list is passed on from room 2 to room 3....
so....aur 10 -15 mins baad things are completely different on the screen....just to give u a good picture
Lemme give u some info on room 1 screen v/s room 3 screen for me...
btw...my total score was 145...
ROOM 1-
St Xaviers 4 seats vacant
Chetana 8
IES 7
Thakur 9
LALA 6
baaki sab vivekanand...francis..alkesh....agnel etc were untouched...

ROOM 3
Xaviers ...kahatm
Chetana Khatam
IES khatam
Thakur khatam
LALAs khatam
as i said...the screne in room 3 is quite diff from the screen in room 1
I took admission in ALKESH....(Off topic)i believe it's better than others in its category...its the only university managed college besides JBIMS...sure to come up...Faculty...some of them same as JBIMS...
neways...
so the seats were filled in this order....
and ...when i came out at arnd 1 :00 pm....people with a score of 135 and above were being instructed to "ENTER THE PREMISE"....
at that time they announced...that lalas...chetana...ies xaviers were filled....so iguess...MET WELLINGKAR etc were filled when people with 160 and above were called in...so at that time probably people with around 170 filled those seats of well...MEt
cut offs as i remember roughly...
xaviers -150
chetana - around 149
IES 148
Thakur 147
LALAs- 146

the schedule was
Date Day Merit Score
(CET Score)
Reporting Time
to PUMBA

th August 09 Thursday
120 and Above 8.30 am
110and Above 2.00 pm

th August 09 Friday
100 and Above 8.30 am
95 and Above 2.00 pm

th August 09 Saturday
90 and Above 8.30 am
86 and Above 2.00 pm
etc...
shocking statistic:
my rank was 1100 something in the final list of eligible candidates for CAP round 4...
and i was the 56th person to take admission that day...since 8:30 in the morning....so out of the 1100 people before me ....many didnt turn up....and many did not take admission newhere if they werent getting admission in the top 5!!

hope this helps...all the best to CET 2010 aspirants

all cap4 hopefuls do post ur ranks n expectations along wid questions n other information......

ATB 2 ALL..:)

What About OMS Candidates....
Are they eligible for CAP 4...hope DTE dis year change their Rules and give us a try.....Plzzz ????

What About OMS Candidates....
Are they eligible for CAP 4...hope DTE dis year change their Rules and give us a try.....Plzzz ????

no such notifications as of yet regarding change of rules for OMS candidates..... colleges will fill up vacant seats on their own after cap4 ends....
this is the counselling round experience of one of d puys dat i found in some old thread (its of d year 2009).....unfortunately i cudn't find d thread again (i stumbled upon it d firt tym n saved d written matter on my desktop!!) nor can i recollect d name of d person....
but i wud like 2 thank him 4 dis gr888 insight into counselling round procedure.....dis will help people like me a gr8 deal...

hey ppl....
here's the CAP 4 experience...to the best of my knowledge....
based on how accurately/inaccurately i can recollect the chain of events...
OK
as promised the round started at 8.30 am...(impressed)
....full on junta.....and everybody telling each other..."i didnt expect so many people to turn up ...u know cuz of the swine flu"
to be honest...i indulged and joined into the banal banter too....score? place? etc dumb questions....
neways...
so 8:30 am ko loud speaker pe announce huaa(english with a heavy puneri/maharashtrian accent)..."People who have a score of 170 and above please enter college "PREMISE" !!..(hahah)"....turned off...but who cares abt incorrect grammar and usage...then i think there were abt 12 people with 180 and above and a few people with 170 and above who entered....2 of them took JB ka 2 seats....baaki ka dus log(180 above wala) kalti mara..they said "JB nai to kuch nai...agle saal try karenge"...people with 170 and above must have taken some seats....this process took abt 45-60 minutes....then at arnd 9:30...People with a score of 160 and above were instructed to enter the college PREMISE...( i thought this time he wud say premises...but nai.....)
this time more ppl entered...dunno kisne kaunsa college liya ...nothing.,...then after another 45 minutes....ppl with a score of 150 and above were instructed to enter the PREMISE....then i think they announced...that JBIMS...SYDENHAM...WELLINGKAR...seats are filled....
fir uske baad people with a score of 147 and above were told to enter...then they announced...after some time....that MET PUMBA were filled....then 145 and above were told to enter at around 11:30 am....
thats when i went it....Here's what happens inside....
there are 3 rooms u are taken through....
All rooms have a projector ...on which there is a list of colleges scrolling with the number of seats vacant in each college...
ROOM 1)
They ask u to keep the DD and the 100 Rs cash ready....and u have the screen in front of u....they tell u to keep a list of colleges u want to take admission in handy,...
here's the catch....U r gonna be at the admission counter in ROOM 3 ....45 minutes later...so by the time ur turn of taking admission comes....Things will be quite different on the Screen....
after arnd 20 mins of waiting in room 1...
ROOM2)
You are waiting in the class to submit ur DD and pay the 100 Rs cash....but suddenly u realize...the seats that were empty when u were in room 1 ...now suddenly start getting filled....u might start panicking at this point...
After 15 mins of waiting.... ur turn to pay the cash and submit the DD comes...
Then 5-10 mins later u r taken to ROOM 3
ROOM 3)
u are arranged score ke hissab se....if there are 4-5 people on the same score...preference is given to the person with the highest CET WRITTEN test score....they have this list generated by the computer in ROOM 2 when u register and pay 100 Rs....the list is passed on from room 2 to room 3....
so....aur 10 -15 mins baad things are completely different on the screen....just to give u a good picture
Lemme give u some info on room 1 screen v/s room 3 screen for me...
btw...my total score was 145...
ROOM 1-
St Xaviers 4 seats vacant
Chetana 8
IES 7
Thakur 9
LALA 6
baaki sab vivekanand...francis..alkesh....agnel etc were untouched...
ROOM 3
Xaviers ...kahatm
Chetana Khatam
IES khatam
Thakur khatam
LALAs khatam
as i said...the screne in room 3 is quite diff from the screen in room 1
I took admission in ALKESH....(Off topic)i believe it's better than others in its category...its the only university managed college besides JBIMS...sure to come up...Faculty...some of them same as JBIMS...
neways...
so the seats were filled in this order....
and ...when i came out at arnd 1 :00 pm....people with a score of 135 and above were being instructed to "ENTER THE PREMISE"....
at that time they announced...that lalas...chetana...ies xaviers were filled....so iguess...MET WELLINGKAR etc were filled when people with 160 and above were called in...so at that time probably people with around 170 filled those seats of well...MEt
cut offs as i remember roughly...
xaviers -150
chetana - around 149
IES 148
Thakur 147
LALAs- 146
the schedule was
Date Day Merit Score
(CET Score)
Reporting Time
to PUMBA
th August 09 Thursday
120 and Above 8.30 am
110and Above 2.00 pm
th August 09 Friday
100 and Above 8.30 am
95 and Above 2.00 pm
th August 09 Saturday
90 and Above 8.30 am
86 and Above 2.00 pm
etc...
shocking statistic:
my rank was 1100 something in the final list of eligible candidates for CAP round 4...
and i was the 56th person to take admission that day...since 8:30 in the morning....so out of the 1100 people before me ....many didnt turn up....and many did not take admission newhere if they werent getting admission in the top 5!!
hope this helps...all the best to CET 2010 aspirants

hey that was really helpfull!! thak u !!!
hey i hve got 107 as my cet score 4975 as my merit score in mahrashtra
wat according to u is my chances to get in wich collge in mumbai!!

can't predict anything regarding which colleges one will get in counselling round dude.....it depends on how many people ahead of u take or leave seats....
d scenario will become a bit more clear once d vacancies for d last round r out....

hey i also if for cap round 4 diff merit list will be prepared!!!

hirencool4u Says
hey i also if for cap round 4 diff merit list will be prepared!!!

yes i guess der will be a new ranking list for cap4....dat will include maharashtra state candidates only irrespective of category n univ..

Does that mean whether v take the adm or not
we have to hand over the 15k dd to dte ??
or is it only if we want to confirm adm that we need to hand it over ??

I appreciate ur initiative in starting this thread vivek

I have read the cap 4 experience of 2009 frm a post on pg..
If u come across last yrs scenario plz let us knw :)
Thank u

ATB !

No only wen we want to confirm the seat we have to sumit the 15k dd additionly we have to pay 100 rs for the process

correctly mentioned by vicky.."its tym 2 rock n roll"

score117/240... Game on for Round 4

Yup the gamble is on !!

Yup the gamble is on!

no u have 2 decide whether u have 2 take admsn or not.... as mentioned in the 4th post of this thread the guy says dat u have 2 pay d DD n 100rs cash in d 2nd room by which time u will have a fairly good idea abt d vacant seats in d colleges....so if d seats don't fit ur choices den u can choose not 2 enter d rooms 4 admsn n subsequently not pay d DD....

ATB...