Cornell Johnson MBA 2008

Hey All, Could not find a thread for Cornell 2008 aspirants, so started this one. I have applied to Cornell (R1) and its my top school. Here is my profile: GMAT: 710 WE: almost 3 yrs by fall 2008 (this is my worry) I started by compa…

Hey All,

Could not find a thread for Cornell 2008 aspirants, so started this one. I have applied to Cornell (R1) and its my top school. Here is my profile:

GMAT: 710
WE: almost 3 yrs by fall 2008 (this is my worry)
I started by company in dec 2005 have been working in that... the growth of the company has been pretty decent. Also make investments in BSE on the side (small investments.. the main purpose here was to learn rather than earn)
Acad: good
Activities: good

If you are thinking of applying to Cornell post your profile and any other related info which will help us all.

THanks,
Anshul

Anshul thanks for starting this thread. It will be good if applicants can post their profiles, interview calls, interview experience, and final decision.

My profile:

Applied to Johnson in R1
GMAT: 750/6.0
work experience: 3.5 years by Fall 2008 in US, EE at a good company
academics: very good (undergrad at 2nd tier university in US, part-time MS at top 5 engineering university in US), lots of scholarships during undergrad
extra-curricular: very good during college, average-poor post-college

I wrote optional essay explaining my lack of significant community involvement post college. (because of work schedule and part-time studies)

I am only applying to Cornell this year because I also feel that my work experience length is short.

me too thinking of applying at Cornell
profile:
BMS from Mumbai University (2005)
CFA level II Candidate
GMAT 710 (M 50, V36)
work ex: Analyst, Investment Banking
a lil more than 3 years by the time I start MBA
decent acads and good extra currics during college
wat are the chances of getting in? and how abt getting TA job on the campus to get good fee waiver?

Please contact official channels to for marketing on PG.

Hi All,

Here is my profile in brief:

GMAT: 720 (5.5)
Acads: Very Good
Highest Qualification: Masters in Computer Applications
Experience: 5 years by September 2008

I am also planning to apply for Cornell Johnson this year. I was contacted by the college authorities (based on my profile with GMASS) to apply for the AMBA (Accelerated MBA) option. I was initially going ahead with the R1 deadline for AMBA, but held back due to some unfavorable feedback over the prospects of the program, like no internship (which sometimes proves vital for getting a job post-MBA) and rigorous course time lines.

Could someone throw some more light into the differences between the regular MBA option and the accelerated option? I am preparing for R2 and would like your comments on which option to choose.

Regards

Here's mine:

I applied R1 two weeks ago.

GMAT: 680 (V: 35, Q:48, AWA: 5.5)
Undergrad: B.Eng in Comp. Eng in Canada (GPA: 2.6)
Position: Non-profit Mgr in Southeast Asia (3 years now)
Extra curriculum and Social Activities: moderately involved

I m not sure if I am competitive but from what I've heard I stand a good chance being from non-profit and from an under-represented country. However my ugrad GPA is a killer (cos I had to work to pay for my studies)

What are your takes?

GMAT - 730/ 5.5
MS CS, BE CSE, 5+ Years exp by 2008. Applied in 1st round

Hi there!
Anyone recieved interview call from Cornell yet? Any idea when do the interview calls start coming in?

M.R.

Actually i havent received any call yet from anyone from Cornell cos they told me that they had a computer glitch and lost all my recommendation letters. So my application was not complete yet.

Did it happen to anybody else?

??:

hey

no calls yet... however my status got updated yesterday that my app was complete... altho i had submitted everything before the R1 deadline...

sucks to hear that yr LORs got lost... what did u do?

Hello Anshul and Psah,
Any idea about the dates around which calls came in last year same time around?

M.R.

hey

no calls yet... however my status got updated yesterday that my app was complete... altho i had submitted everything before the R1 deadline...

sucks to hear that yr LORs got lost... what did u do?

I went to the Business Week online forum about MBA and it seems that many other applicants had their LOR lost by this computer glitches ... So I felt a tad better ... hehehe not that i enjoy knowing other people are in trouble but rather that I am not alone in trouble .... Twisted isn't it??

http://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/forum

Not sure if this url will work but if it doens't you guys should check out on the website.

And i still havent had any of my recommenders to do another letter for me yet...

Hi,
I am thinking of applying to Cornell in R2 .

GMAT: 700 (V: 38, Q:48, AWA: 5)
Undergrad: B.E in Electronics , 86% aggregate college topper
Position: SAP Consultant
exp : 5 yrs

Does my profile have value to apply in R2 , i missed the R1 deadline ?

Hi,
I am thinking of applying to Cornell in R2 .

GMAT: 700 (V: 38, Q:48, AWA: 5)
Undergrad: B.E in Electronics , 86% aggregate college topper
Position: SAP Consultant
exp : 5 yrs

Does my profile have value to apply in R2 , i missed the R1 deadline ?

Yup you missed the R1 deadline which was on Oct 10. The 2nd round is on November 14th

Johnson School at Cornell University - Two-Year MBA - MBA Application Guide - General Information

Well your profile is looking good especially the GMAT part!

Wish you the best of luck!

Dear All,
Cornell Inivitations have started coming in!!!!

M.R.

Hi there!
Anyone recieved interview call from Cornell yet? Any idea when do the interview calls start coming in?

M.R.

Hi,

I have received an interview call from Cornell. I received it some 5 days ago. I have an option of having it scheduled with some alumni who are in Bangalore, Mumbai or Chennai. Or i could also get it scheduled with the ad com. My profile is as follows:

GMAT:760 (1st attempt. people say that its good, but i really consider it just a minor part of my application)
Work ex: less than 2 yrs. Same old IT...But its a quality one with lots to talk about. Extra curicular activities: Excellent

Any idea if its better to talk to the alumni or to talk to the ad com?

Hi Guys,

I am planning to apply to Cornell this year in R2. But I am yet to start with my application. Do you guys think it would be wise for me to apply to Cornell ??? Also, I am yet to send them my scores.

My Profile :
GMAT : 730/4
Acads : decent , always amongst top 10% in my class
Work ex : 3 yrs in Oracle India as apps developer(more on the technical side), have shifted 2 a smaller company as a functional consultant
Extra curricular : Decent , have been a coordinator of a few clubs in college, member of a NGO,member of volunteer group in a MNC, have led a social awareness projects, founded a club in my present company
International exposure: 1 month till now , will have much more when I join..

I plan to start a chain of restaurants in the long-term .

Depending on my profile do you think, I should be applying for Cornell ?

Thanks

Sidharth,
I think Alumni would be better. Atleast they see you face to face.

M.R.

So anyones scheduled an interview yet? When is the last date by which all interviews will be over?

Dear All,
Any candidate from India scheduled the alumni interview yet? Lets pool our interview experiences.

M.R.