Cornell Applicants in 2009

Hi! Starting this thread for desi applicants to Cornell in 2009: Let us see how the Indian pool looks like this year - Regards d2e

Hi!

Starting this thread for desi applicants to Cornell in 2009:

Let us see how the Indian pool looks like this year -

Regards
d2e

Hi down2earth,

I would also be applying this year but to the 1 yr program.

M/740/5yrs by june 2009 IT consultant.
Bsc Stats + MCA
Acads ok
extra curr - a lot during school and college, not so much after that. mostly in office

Did apply last year also but did not give the essays too much time, so got dinged.

How about you

that's sad..so how was your experience of apping to cornell and what made you choose cornell ?

Well there were lots of small small reasons.
1. Recommendation from a friend who had studied there.
2. One of the oldest and largest IVY leagues, hence big alumni ( Cornell connections)
3. I had time for only 1 or 2 apps last year, had one from 1-10 and 1 from 11-20 rankings.
4. Flexible course structure ( although I guess almost all colleges have that)

So what made you choose Cornell.

Hi,
I am applying to Cornell Johnson too for Fall 2009 for the two year course. Indian, IT, 2 years work-ex currently, 700 GMAT, strong acads, good extra curriculars.

count me in guys. I was wait-listed last year and then denied admission in July. I'll try once more :wink:

700/male/IT/8 years

no extra-curriculars

count me in guys. I was wait-listed last year and then denied admission in July. I'll try once more :wink:

700/male/IT/8 years

no extra-curriculars

Dude, u applying for the 1 year or 2 year MBA.

i applied last year for the 2 year program, but this year will be applying for the 1 year one. Does it still count as reapplying? Any idea folks?
Dude, u applying for the 1 year or 2 year MBA.

i applied last year for the 2 year program, but this year will be applying for the 1 year one. Does it still count as reapplying? Any idea folks?

I applied for the 2 years program. This year also I'm applying for the 2 years prog.

Doesn't matter if you applied to MBA/AMBA last year, if you are applying again this year, its a re-application.

Hi everyone
I have applied to R1 cornell. in fact just now submitted my applications. Any one else out there..

My Profile:
GMAT : 740 50/39/4.5
Work Exp IT : 3 yrs
Acads: Avg
EC: Avg

Hi all,

Me too applied to Cornell R1.

GMAT : on the lower side 670(49/31/4.0) :(
Work Ex : 3 yrs by Fall 09, IT, Strong Leadership Experience.
Acads : Mechanical Engineering (Mumbai Univ.), Average.
Extra Currics : More than Average ( covering school, college, Office, Out of Office ).

Looks like most applicants come from IT pool only. I guess there would be tough competition

Best of luck to all.

hi guys

i am applying to cornell

WE - 3 years (1 - IT; 2 - ICT4D/ e Gov consultation)
gmat - 680

good acads; good reco and decent extra curriculars

cheers

Giri

I had attended the MBA Tour event in mumbai. The lady at Cornell counter informed us regarding the withdrawl of CITI group which used to provide loans w/o U.S co-signor to international students. For me, my school selection majorly depended on this factor. But came to know this only on 4th of Oct.
I wonder if any Current Cornell student can add some inputs on this here as in how difficult is it going to be managing funds if one gets an admit for a person who was looking fwd for a loan out in US w/o cosignor. It would certainly be helpful for atleast the R2 guys.

Hey guys

I'm applyin for the 2 yr course as well. Foll are my stats

M/24/IT
680 GMAT
3 yrs work ex by fall 09
Strong credentials at work and otherwise
Was technical lead for the contract mgmt app for Dow Jones and was part of the Cognizant-DJ Busines Dev taskforce. Worked on proposals and other collaterals for DJ and as result recently moved to the Business Consulting Practice of my firm.

Was a former state tennis player and drummer for my band in coll.

Looking to apply in R2. Good luck to the rest of you..

Cheers
Rajiv

I had attended the MBA Tour event in mumbai. The lady at Cornell counter informed us regarding the withdrawl of CITI group which used to provide loans w/o U.S co-signor to international students. For me, my school selection majorly depended on this factor. But came to know this only on 4th of Oct.
I wonder if any Current Cornell student can add some inputs on this here as in how difficult is it going to be managing funds if one gets an admit for a person who was looking fwd for a loan out in US w/o cosignor. It would certainly be helpful for atleast the R2 guys.

this is really bad news.. i have applied for the round 1, but yeah getting loans without co -signer is an important factor..I think we the current economic crisis, getting student loans will be very tough.

has anyone had a status change to "under review " so far?

interview invites are trickling in.. but they seem to be for the local (US) applicants right now..

Any Cornell activity going across?

Hi guys,
I am also applying to Cornell'09 R2.
My profile:
GMT: 750
Undergrad: IIT Delhi Computer Science
Work Ex: 2 years in web domain companies
below average acads
good extracurriculars in college but bad outside it

It would be nice if we can discuss the process of making it in Cornell(essays etc.) rather than the profiles, as most of us are in the same IT boat(that has a big hole in it :))

has anyone had a status change to "under review " so far?

interview invites are trickling in.. but they seem to be for the local (US) applicants right now..

yes, my app status is under review right now...

I know one more person whose Application status changed to under review today.
Anybody receives interview invite, keep posted!!!