Copenhagen Hopenhagen

Hi Puys, As we march into December, there is one major event that is of significant importance - UN Climate Change Meet at Copenhagen. This is rightly called the Hopenhagen. This should be a great forum for pushing diplomacy with urgency t…

The Copenhagen Conference:1,200 limousines 140 private jets 15,000 delegates 10,000 environmental activists and lobbyists Over 100 world leaders 5,000 journalists 41,000 tonnes' Carbon dioxide equivalent' that will be produced during the 11-day conference.
Why then they are doing the conference in the first place? I dont know how much they are targeting for carbon reduction but this alone meet has left enormous carbon footprint that too with no concrete decision been made.
Hi Puys,
This should be a great forum for pushing diplomacy with urgency towards sustainability and making a difference. What do you think Hopenhagen would yield?

I think that this Summit will make a great difference as it is high time to take care of Global Warming.. and all the responsible dignities are very well aware of this.
That's why they were arranging this meet in Great enthusiasm to bring about a Change on our Earth.
The main areas for discussion at Copenhagen included:
  1. Targets to curb greenhouse gas emissions, in particular by developed countries
  2. Financial support for mitigation of and adaptation to climate change by developing countries
  3. A carbon trading scheme aimed at ending the destruction of the world's forests by 2030.

Some of the quotes said for this meet:
If the world fails to deliver a political agreement at the UN climate conference in December, it will be "the whole global democratic system not being able to deliver results in one of the defining challenges of our century", says incoming COP15 president, Connie Hedegaard.

"The time for formal statements is over."
"Copenhagen will only be a success if it delivers significant and immediate action."---UN climate convention head Yvo de Boer

"By the end, we must be able to deliver back to the world what was granted us here today: hope for a better future," Mr Lars Loekke Rasmussen said.

Barack Obama's Closing Statement at the end of Summit:US President Barack Obama has said more work needs to be done to build on progress made in Copenhagen to establish a global treaty on climate change.
Speaking as talks in Denmark came to an end, Mr Obama said nations had made a "meaningful and unprecedented breakthrough" but must continue to seek a legally binding agreement.

This means that Giving Statements should be stopped and instead people must start working on the problem. And only this is the way to get through this great Planetary Problem.

This means that Giving Statements should be stopped and instead people must start working on the problem. And only this is the way to get through this great Planetary Problem.

Absolutely right! but who are these people are they others! not we??
we are those people this earth is our dwelling place and I and U together combined is WE...
lets save our environment, our local environment and automatically small units of local environmnet will contribute to the whole world...
lets do something lets take some resolutions from today
1 I will not use polybags.(not we coz when we say "WE" we exclude ourselves from it)
2 I will take care of my local environment atleast i will control my family members and dont let them to dump waste here and there.
Lets think about it friends...
for example-In summers, when dry winds ie "loo" blows then we can see those polybags hovering in the air...
Give a thought to these few things friends...its a matter of serious concern...
We can do this...:thumbsup:

lets save our environment, our local environment and automatically small
Give a thought to these few things friends...its a matter of serious concern...
We can do this...:thumbsup:

Yes,
the main motive is to reduce carbon emissions and if we start then only our as well as our planet's future will be secure.
Because these politicians have been saying all this and have had so many meets but the result is zero.
The global warming has been increasing... so atleast we must start.
But lets also see whether this summit was worth it or not.

copenhagaen accord ully explained in this attachment