Copenhagen Business School

Hello frens, I have an admit from Copenhagen Business School for the 2009-10 intake. Since, I have applied to other schools and am waiting to hear from them, can someone help me by giving inputs about Copenhagen Business School in Denmark…?

Hello frens,

I have an admit from Copenhagen Business School for the 2009-10 intake. Since, I have applied to other schools and am waiting to hear from them, can someone help me by giving inputs about Copenhagen Business School in Denmark..?

Can anyone please post their comments please..?

Any idea when we compare Copenhagen Business School with GISMA in Germany and with Vlerick in Belgium..

Pls help

Hi Meetu

I have also received an admit from CBS. Did you accept the offer?

hi meetu.. CBS is a very school.. it is the best in scandinavia.. also it is affiliated to most of the universities across the globe..

euromba_09 Says
hi meetu.. CBS is a very school.. it is the best in scandinavia.. also it is affiliated to most of the universities across the globe..

Just my 2 cents here...I am sure CBS is very good school in Scandanavia. One has to think many times before making the decision as the language becomes very important factor in this region.

I have been to Sweden and Finland. In Finland very few people speak English and in Sweden comparatively more. So before you make any decision, try to get as much as information you can from current students and alumnis

Hi
CBS is one of the best schools in the region .. its certainly a brand in denmark no doubt about that .. whats the concerning part is how comfortable can you get working/living in denmark..
Cph is one of the best cities to live and also level of people speaking english is decent although you would still need to know Danish if you targeting sales/customer centric positions... what are your future plans.?
do you intend to settle in copenhagen? do u have plans to move across other regiosn.. if yes , then maybe CBS wont help u much as it best its a good regional school... Cph is also bloody expensive.. and taxes are quite high. so pls do make analysis of what your planning in future and does cbs fit in that ..

regards,
Arvind

Hi - I am very keen on Copenhagen Business School. Can someone throw light on opportunites after MBA from CBS? Preferably, an alumni?

Has anyone applied to CBS for September 2010 intake? What was their experience like during the application process? Did anyone accept (and what were your factors / logic in deciding so)?

Hey there, interesting question.. If you want an entree to Europe it's a good choice as the economies of northern Europe and Germany are performing much better than southern europe and the UK right now. They are strong on manufacturing indusries and the skills that come with that e.g. supply chain, logistics etc. Copenhagen is a very diverse city too - big Indian population so you'll get good food! This guy interviewed on our site is a pretty typical example

nadejdakontrol Says
Hey there, interesting question.. If you want an entree to Europe it's a good choice as the economies of northern Europe and Germany are performing much better than southern europe and the UK right now. They are strong on manufacturing indusries and the skills that come with that e.g. supply chain, logistics etc. Copenhagen is a very diverse city too - big Indian population so you'll get good food! This guy interviewed on our site is a pretty typical example

The Interview link is not working...

MMM Indian population isnt that high in fact pakistani population is pretty high , high enough to accomodate space in wikipedia.
You'll find some Indians here and there but few and far between.

You'll be brilliant and lucky to land a job here , even if you do you would have to learn Danish in a few years.Plus Denmark has the toughest immigration laws in Europe so its really difficult to get jobs , youd really have to bring something new to the table in order to get hired

I'd suggest go there only if you are confident of landing a job,budget isnt the biggest constraint and if you are willing to learn one of the nordic languages(accents are difficult to pronounce mind you)

Hello Van,

I would tend to disagree that Denmark has the toughest immigration laws in Europe, in fact their green card system is very straight forward. It is a point based system where points are allocated on your work experience, age, language, positive list etc.

When you are admitted at CBS, you will need to apply to residency status Green card, which is valid till after 6 months of completion of your course, henceforth you need to apply for Green Card to stay in Denmark and job hunt etc.

So, like several other countries the green card scheme is straight forward and point based.

BBC News - Do Denmarks immigration laws breach human rights?

Check this site

Secondly if you check the vancansies of companies in denmark , they do stipulate pre-requisites like good knowledge of Danish or Swedish or both.
Plus Europeans automatically get extra points so its an inherent disadvantage for Non Eu people
BBC News - Do Denmark's immigration laws breach human rights?

Check this site

Secondly if you check the vancansies of companies in denmark , they do stipulate pre-requisites like good knowledge of Danish or Swedish or both.
Plus Europeans automatically get extra points so its an inherent disadvantage for Non Eu people

Van,

Thanks for the link, but as per the article it is more about the Danes getting married to an immigrants. Moreover, the Danish Green Card point based system has been there for sometime now. It is not something new.

From the article-
We have a lot of people with an immigrant background who married cousins from their parents' villages, who came to Denmark with no language skills, education or work experience and became a great cost to Danish society." "Denmark should welcome anybody who wants to contribute to this society, but we don't want people who don't want to contribute," he adds.

Isn't it true for any country be it America, UK or Australia.

As far as I see Danish Green Card is good for someone who has a masters and have a occupation listed in Denmark's Positive List. Nevertheless, it is still a non-immigrant visa where it is required to get it renewed after 3 years. Danish is of course a very important factor, as it is in most EU countries.

Well any society would welcome people from anywhere who are harworking,contribute and follow the law.But you need to go deeper than that
Plus with the EU debt crises it makes all the more sense not to go there.I do know Denmark is one of the better off countries
Denmark is in the EU so it has to follow the strict laws laid down relating to hiring of no european labour.

That said if you have solid plans,develop a good network and more importantly have few years of quality and relevant experience you could try for english speaking jobs.From what i have read the Danes (infact whole of scandinavia) are pretty good at english , so even those jobs are difficult

Plus changing careers is very difficult