Confused between NMIMS Bangalore and SIBM Bangalore

Guys i know comparision dosent go well with pagalguy but i am really confused between these two, NMIMS bangalore and SIBM bangalore. I have to pay my tution fees within a week and have to decide soon. Please share the positives of both the college…

Guys i know comparision dosent go well with pagalguy but i am really confused between these two, NMIMS bangalore and SIBM bangalore. I have to pay my tution fees within a week and have to decide soon. Please share the positives of both the colleges so that we can measure and decide. I am sure this will be helpful to many and please note that you dont post anything negative about any. Requesting seniors and fellow puys to help on this regard. Thanks in advance 😃

@Muhilan1990 said:
Guys i know comparision dosent go well with pagalguy but i am really confused between these two, NMIMS bangalore and SIBM bangalore. I have to pay my tution fees within a week and have to decide soon. Please share the positives of both the colleges so that we can measure and decide. I am sure this will be helpful to many and please note that you dont post anything negative about any. Requesting seniors and fellow puys to help on this regard. Thanks in advance
In my View .. SIBM Bang.. is better option..
It has everything mentioned crystal clear .. Placement..Campus..Fee Structure..Hostel.. and SYMBi Tag..

NM Bang has the Brand name .. but rest other things are still in progress.. u can see some of the pages in NM bang site is saying under construction.

And also ROI is far better in ____________ .. U kno the Ans .. Think wisely .. dont go with the Brand Names only .. 😃

Ol da best ..!!

@In2mbA

I agree SIBM markets itself very well. I feel NMIMS lacks on this front. Placement reports also seem pretty close to each other. Uff goin to have a tough time choosing between these !!

SAME HERE..WHICH IS BETTER?NM BANG OR SIBM BANG?

somewhere i feel NM has popularity in Mumbai only whereas Symbi is getting good responses from nashik & bangalore as well.

i want some seniors to put light on this pls...

SIBM B for sure...

r u sure?because i talked to a student at nm bang..he says package is ard 8..and all is good

i am also in the same confusion whether to go for SIBM or NMIMS...if anyone can further enlighten about both the colleges it will be of great help for confused souls like us...

From what i have found till now

NM - B
Pros
1. NM is a reputed brand and i believe better than SIBM in branding.
2. Curriculum is laid out very clearly and i heard the faculty is top notch.
3. Placements have been pretty good considering the market situation for a relatively new b-school.

Cons
1. Fees is on the higher side. ROI will be realitively low
2. Slightly newer than SIBM-B

SIBM - B

Pros

1. SIBM also has a good brand value. Heard its becoming a threat to SCMHRD. wonder how soon that will happen.
2. Lower fees so ROI is better and also has a campus life
3. placements are pretty good here too.

Cons
1. I feel the curriculum is not very clearly laid out as in NM-B.
2. Batch strength is higher than NM and hence the college has the head-ache to place more ppl.

PS : Hope i have not confused more as me myself am confused.

yah tthe report seems to be quite good and similar to what i have found.....but still thinking which one to join?

@Muhilan1990 thanx for the input ,really appreciate it but still the confusion persists...wii have to R&D; further in order to come to a conclusion
@rooney161988 Hmm...a difficult decision ....SIBM - Strong brand But SIBM Blr: I am not sure of the placements (It's not SIBM, Pune or SCMHRD). Satellite campuses will lead to brand dilution ..in case of SIBM Blr ...it will certainly lead to ..SIBM Blr is still a relatively new college. Same is the case with NMIMS Bangalore.

Compared Head to head(Brand,faculty,alumni,placements)...I think you should go for SIBM -Blr.

Guys one important point for ppl with IT backround and looking to go back and work in IT industry.

NM-B has a specialization called IT -OPS , so i think its more relevant if interested.

I dont know what kind of roles IT companies offered at SIBM - B , but i did find few good companies in their placement report. Can anyone clarify on this ?

@Muhilan1990 said:
From what i have found till now

NM - B
Pros
1. NM is a reputed brand and i believe better than SIBM in branding.
2. Curriculum is laid out very clearly and i heard the faculty is top notch.
3. Placements have been pretty good considering the market situation for a relatively new b-school.

Cons
1. Fees is on the higher side. ROI will be realitively low
2. Slightly newer than SIBM-B

SIBM - B

Pros

1. SIBM also has a good brand value. Heard its becoming a threat to SCMHRD. wonder how soon that will happen.
2. Lower fees so ROI is better and also has a campus life
3. placements are pretty good here too.

Cons
1. I feel the curriculum is not very clearly laid out as in NM-B.
2. Batch strength is higher than NM and hence the college has the head-ache to place more ppl.

PS : Hope i have not confused more as me myself am confused.
Okay, I'm not going to compare nor am i going to rate other colleges.

Only 1 point that I'd like to mention here. The curriculum at SIBM-B is crsytal clear in my opinion. It is available on the website under Regular MBA -> Program Structure. All subjects are listed there so you can make your own choice! As for the faculty, it is mostly visiting faculty who mostly teach at IIM's as well thus rounding off one visit by teaching maybe at IIM B as well as SIBM-B. Others are often from the Industry, having worked for companies and now interested in teaching careers.

Please do not judge 2 colleges just based on random reports or biased seniors bashing each other's or their own college for that matter. Ask around and get as much information as possible, analyse your own strengths and weaknesses, see how you fit into the curriculum, look at the placement reports and the profiles and see whether you see yourself in one of them, your choice should be a culmination of all these choices. But once you make it, never go back. Give it your all!

Just my bit on the entire scenario.

And thats called life. I hoped i wouldnt convert SIBM - B so that my decision would have been easier. Now i have both.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucky you!

@Muhilan1990 so which one will you choose now???i am also facing the same dilemma??? any suggestions plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!

@rooney161988

I will decide tonight. Talkin to seniors and friends !!