Compsc- Economics help

Hi All, This is my first post so hello to all pagals :D. I had some confusion about my future and wanted someone to help me, i visited one of the career counselors(Kaplan) and was not happy with her answer. I am a BE (Computer science) a…

Hi All,

This is my first post so hello to all pagals :D. I had some confusion about my future and wanted someone to help me, i visited one of the career counselors(Kaplan) and was not happy with her answer.

I am a BE (Computer science) and worked for 3 years as a software developer and then a Senior software integrator. After which i quit and started preparing for the civil services, i made it to the interview round but got knocked out in the final selection. During the course of my preparation i had to study macroeconomics which made me love the subject and also saw its utility and the level of contribution it makes in apex level policy making.Even though i have many more attempts left at the UPSC i feel i can make more of contribution if i come back as a professional economist from a university of repute with good work experience rather than a career bureaucrat. However i am not sure how to go about it now, its a major shift from what i have studied in my undergrad.

could anyone help me out.

Regards.
Srn