Community service by school students

Recently I was very touched with the kind of community service some school students were indulging in. They were working with utmost conviction and when i got to know from which schools these kids were, to be honest, I was shocked and pleasantly s…

Recently I was very touched with the kind of community service some school students were indulging in. They were working with utmost conviction and when i got to know from which schools these kids were, to be honest, I was shocked and pleasantly surprised.

The students were from Pathways World School, a high-standard IB world school, the kind of school were you don't expect its students to work for community.

The project that they were working on was called Patauda Water Conservation Project where they intended to develop a series of check dams and clear water channels (with the expertise of an NGO - Hariyali aur Rasta).

The catchment to the Patauda waterhole was blocked, due to commercial use of surrounding land area, and the silting of the area itself has made the place shallow, thereby depleting the water, much earlier than in the past.
The Project involved de-silting the area of the pond and clearing up the channels that bring rain water to this lake, from the catchment areas.
Pathways world school was not the only school involved, others involved in the project were Doon School, British School and St. George, Switzerland.

More info about the project on Pathways Official blog http://www.pathwaysworldschool.wordpress.com/