Communication Management MBA....? MICA 2006, anyone?

… and that’s what i kept thinking of myself from the time i heard of some vague brother of a cousin of my uncle’s barber talk about this place called MICA. Then i heard that it offered a PG course in Communications Management. Then i checked i…

..... and that's what i kept thinking of myself from the time i heard of some vague brother of a cousin of my uncle's barber talk about this place called MICA. Then i heard that it offered a PG course in Communications Management. Then i checked its curriculum. Then i joined Career Launcher smug in my own comfort that i'm probably the few losers who'd apply to MICA.

but then...

at PG i see user avatars with the MICA logo, usernames with 'MICA' in them, and a few thousand posts about everyone's "dream institute" being MICA!!!

and i realise i'm not all that alone. and that sinking feeling about facing competition all over again...

**sigh**

So, seriously speaking... why are there so many engineers/non-engineers who, much like me, feel that MICA is THE institute to get an MBA from? For those of you who are already in MICA, why did you chose this place?

I thought i was cracked in the head to run as far as i cd from a technical course... but is everyone else??

:tellme:

oh good.. so looks like i was right!

no-one wants to join MICA this year, eh?

Where you start what determines what you get This was a thread more suited in the Other Exams section. For gettin in touch with MICA folks, check this thread out...And yea, a better thread title wouldn't have hurt :)

Cheers

ps: have shifted the thread and edited the title..

Well from a micans perspective, u do need to be hit on ur head a few times to handle life at Mica...

At the end of the day we also ask ourselves "who is sane anyways?"

Its a tough fight to get in here dude...hope u make it though...

Let me know if u have any questions...

Kari

hey guuno

which foooll said that is no one for MICA out

anyway me pretty confine that i wiillll be in mica by 2006. anyway dontlose hope . its a rat race as they say

anyway any diifferent stratergy for MICA?????????????
see u catch u later

lst time i had a call from mica..i was in the last group for the pi ..i had a interview of only 5 min...while rest of people in other groups that day had interviews of 20-25 min so it was my bad luck...i fumbled at one question..so it led to my rejection...this time i will still try once more..
but mind u it has the toughest of all second round entrances to mba courses in india.. a mica test,a group task lastly a ad world realted pi..provided u get a %tile above 91 in cat

hallloo for all the mica interested junta

the mica forms wiil be out by 29th of this month and will go on till 12th december. AND SURPRISE SURPRISE MICA IS TAKING XAT also time. so all the interested ppl its xat or cat for mica this time

hallloo for all the mica interested junta

the mica forms wiil be out by 29th of this month and will go on till 12th december. AND SURPRISE SURPRISE MICA IS TAKING XAT also time. so all the interested ppl its xat or cat for mica this time

That would be great.... hope some more good insti accept XAT scores as well, btw do u have confirmation from the mica ppl itself coz couldnt find it on the site....jst the usual blah blah on the announcement page

Hope the 13th batch turns out lucky for all the aspirants

Nice to know that my darling insti is taking XAT scores for selections...I've always thought that XAT is a better judge of merit than CAT...

Best of luck dto all aspirants....

Kari,

As for tough fight, who would know better than us:) 😃 :)

arree petrock

its there on the site check this page........http://www.mica-india.net/programmes/Graduate%20Programmes/Getting.html.
just that issuee starts on 5th sep than the earilier date
anyway i hope tooo that this 13 batch is guunnaa be ours

That would be great.... hope some more good insti accept XAT scores as well, btw do u have confirmation from the mica ppl itself coz couldnt find it on the site....jst the usual blah blah on the announcement page

Hope the 13th batch turns out lucky for all the aspirants

guys i am a little confused here. i am giving cat and preety keen on mica.

and mica is also taking xat this year but me not interested in any insti under XAT. so should i give XAT also just for a back-up...

good xat has a business awareness or gk section which can judge a students aptitude for the ad industry better tahn all other sections

arree petrock

its there on the site check this page........http://www.mica-india.net/programmes/Graduate%20Programmes/Getting.html.
just that issuee starts on 5th sep than the earilier date
anyway i hope tooo that this 13 batch is guunnaa be ours

Oh yes saw it, btw do they accept GMAT scores of Indian nationals also, me planning to take it next month, and what XAT percentile r they looking 4, maybe just a rough idea (I had 98.4% lst year will that be good enough) any one frm MICA pls confirm

coolio...

5 days later and i've got even the over-bearing moderator's attention! Junta here did post but i'm still ... Hmmm... without an answer...

anycase, atleast got to know MICA is taking XAT scores.

So carry on mugging ...

Hey All,

I'm a bit of a MICA interview veteran

Had an admit this year, which I did not take up. But I was very impressed by the way they conduct the PI. I had also interviewed last year with them, but my confession that they were not my first choice institute did not go down very well.

I agree with the general consensus here that the MICA secound round is very picky, caus getting a call is not really a big deal. The convert to call ratio is about 1:10, which gives you an idea of how picky they are.

Would be glad to help folks around with my limited interview knowledge.

Cheers,
B

petrock Says
Oh yes saw it, btw do they accept GMAT scores of Indian nationals also, me planning to take it next month, and what XAT percentile r they looking 4, maybe just a rough idea (I had 98.4% lst year will that be good enough) any one frm MICA pls confirm

No student from MICA can tell u what will be the cutoffs....but 98.4%ile shud be fine to get u a call in my opinion...

halllloooo guys

but me thinks that for someone who is a trash in maths the xat question paper is a trauma
with the caselets and all that
and besides i have no other insti in mind for xat
so is xat still worth giving.................when i am giving CAT .....

guess my CAT scrores can better decide that

plllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzz HELP

i think MICA only focuses on the english score in CAT ..i managed to get a call with a 60 percentile in maths and a 40 percentile in DI ...english was 99.97...so i guess that helped !!

I think an overall percentile of 90 + with a decently high verbal percentile of 95+ should be sufficient to get a call from MICA.

During the two interview experiences at MICA, I've met people with percentiles from 85+ upwards, but the common thread was a dentely high verbal percentile.