College of William & Mary Mason School of Business Fall 2011 Call Getters Discussion

Hello, I was going through the various GMAT and B schools Abroad thread, but could not find one for the College of William & Mary Mason School of Business. Well I applied for the R1 deadline and had a telephonic interview on 9th December 2010…

Hello,

I was going through the various GMAT and B schools Abroad thread, but could not find one for the College of William & Mary Mason School of Business. Well I applied for the R1 deadline and had a telephonic interview on 9th December 2010. I have been told that the Admissions Decision would come before 7th Jan 2011.

So the Wait begins. IF any of you are applying for this B School, Please let us know you application/admission status.

So lets get the ball rolling

hey Manish

I too have applied at Mason. Have you heard anything from them yet ?

I have had my interview on 9th December (telephonic) went well. One of their people from the admissions committee told me that I shall receive a decision before 7th Jan. Can you share your profile please and what other schools you have applied

Hey Manish

Yeah ...they told me the same too.

I've applied to Terry, Katz and Syracuse.

what about you ?

I have applied to Wake Forest, Olin Business School and UTD. Whats yours profile like?

Hi,
i have also given an interview and it went quite well. They are going to reply to me on 7th jan. I have also applied to Thunderbird and Katz.

To my surprise, I've been given a wait-list. It's so disappointing. Anyone got through??....can u please share your profile ?

I have got a reject.

@rafa can u share ur profile?

I got admitted.

mba.manish Says
@rafa can u share ur profile?

GMAT- 680

TOEFL- 106

Work-ex- 3+ years by fall, 2011

My interview went pretty well. I don't know what happened.

Anyways....can you please share yours ??

@ Jsm

can you please share your profile ??

hello rafa

GMAT 690 TOEFL and application fee was waived. I do not have work experience of just one industry. Perhaps thats what may have gone wrong.
@Jsm congrats your admit. Whats ur profile

Omg...u got dinged with 690 ?...lols:)...Seriously man, what are they looking for ?

well, as far as experience in multiple industries is concerned, i think it can only be viewed on a positive side.
Btw, how much work-ex will u have in terms of number of years by Fall, 2011??...and how come ur application fee was waived ?

well till september 2011 I shall complete around 58 months of work ex. I am seriously unsure why they have dinged me. Mebbe, in the interviewer didnt like me 😞

Anyway rafa: which other schools have u applied?

Hi guys,

Congrats JSM on W&M; admit. Please share your profile. What other colleges have you applied for?

I have also got an admit from W&M.; My profile
GMAT - 680
TOEFL - 104
Work ex - 3+ in IT

I was interviewed by Amanda Barth. She was a nice lady. In fact I found everyone in W&M;'s admission committee to be very nice.

@mba.manish - I personally feel they might have rejected you because you are over qualified. Your profile looks perfect otherwise. What other reason can there be? I am sure you will get admits from even better schools.

@rafa - you might have been waitlisted probably because there are many people with similar profile and few them might have applied before you.

And what other colleges are you guys applying to.

I applied to Broad (got interview call but admit was rejected), Simon (waitlisted), Wake forest (waitlisted - i spoke to the director was told I have less work ex compared to other applicants), Bentley (got admit with pretty good scholarship)

Now I am confused between Mason and Bentley. Though Mason is better ranked and has a better environment than Bentley, the POST-MBA opportunities seems not so different (and I heard post-MBA opp. is pretty good for people who pursue MBA in IT at Bentley) And Bentley gives me more scholarship than Mason. Please advice.

Thanks,
Ananth

Hi,

I have submitted my application in R2 (Jan 10).

My profile:
GMAT: 660 (V-31/Q-49/AWA-5.0)
WE: 7 years by June 2011 in IT industry, working as a project lead.
Extra Curriculum: good
Community service involvement: excellent.

Thanks

Hi all,

I have been invited for interview. :)

All those who have been interviewed, please share the interview experience and questions?

Thanks

Hi guys,

No activity in this thread since long. It seems that thread is dead.

Any way, I have been interviewed on Feb 15. by Ms. Jill Huchko (Associate Director, Admissions). The interview was very conversational. No standard questions. I could do just OK.

Hoping for best. :)

Congrats JSM and Anantu36 for William & Mary admit!!!
How much scholarship have you been awarded?
Have you people decided to join W&M;?

Thanks