Colegges enrolling students, having one year work ex.

Dear all, I am fed up of my job and really looking for top niche institutions who also enroll students having a years work experience. Most of the institutes prefer students with 3-4 year experience. Please suggest me the same. Cheers …

Dear all,
I am fed up of my job and really looking for top niche institutions who also enroll students having a years work experience. Most of the institutes prefer students with 3-4 year experience.

Please suggest me the same.

Cheers
Siddharth

Siddharth,

'Fed up with the current job' is a perfectly reasonable trigger to start the thought process. But not a good enough justification to jump into an MBA program.

Why? Because, after spending several lakhs of rupees and 2 years in a classroom, you might end up in another job where you will get fed up, faster.

There's a reason why work experience is important for MBA programs abroad. Jumping in with little or no expererience can do more harm than good.

So I'd recommend hanging on to that job for the time being, even if it sucks, and think about what you want from the MBA program (IF you take the plunge). Do some more research about schools, career options.

Go through the whole scenario analysis process now, when you have the time and when risks are minimal.

Alternatively, look at Indian bschools where your work-ex will not be a hurdle.

- Sameer
Author | Beyond The MBA Hype