CMU Tepper Fall2011

Hey Guys… I was surprised not to see a seperate thread for the Tepper School of Business for the year 2011. Im in by the way, applied for Round-1. Submitted my application. Looking forward for a succesful year ahead. Regards, Ka…

Hey Guys..

I was surprised not to see a seperate thread for the Tepper School of Business for the year 2011.

Im in by the way, applied for Round-1. Submitted my application. Looking forward for a succesful year ahead.

Regards,
Kalyan

I've done the same . R1 - Tepper. Best of luck to you too. Hope we get through.

Hi Folks...submitted my application to Tepper few days back and got an acknowledgement last week. I await the interview decision notification...

I have also submitted my application for the full time MBA program.

Best of Luck everyone!

Hey Puys,

Nice to see a prospective students group for Tepper here

Just to reconfirm - Tepper doesn't provide non US-cosigner loans?

Also, AFAIK - Tepper isin't known for generous scholarships.

In that case, have you guys explored other loan options?

PS: Please let me know if I'm wrong.

Cheers!

No. Tepper does have some facility for non -US cosigner loans.
Yes, it is not known for generous scholarships.

But I have one question to u. Which schools in US are known for gud scholarships. as per my knowledge most are private and does not provide schols.

I haven't really done research on financing the Tepper MBA yet - will do so if I get an admit.
Tepper fits my ambitions well and hence was amongst the top choices for me. Not that I don't need to consider taking loans or scholarships though 😛 , I do need them.

Please post if you guys start getting interview calls! Last year many people started receiving calls within 2 weeks of submitting application. Let's see what the trend is for this year !

Just received an interview call from CMU Tepper ! Am I the first one ? :D

ExciteD !

ExciteD !

Hi trailblazer...congrats for the interview call. I guess you are the first one to receive interview call. Can you pl share your profile so that we can judge our chances.

Hi guys,

I am planning to apply in Round two. what is the average GMAT score expected for Tepper MBA full time program. I am yet to take my GMAT 2nd time for better score.

Thanx,

ExciteD !

congrats and wow that was pretty quick..........when exactly did u submit ur app ?

Also any ideas till what date will the intw invites be sent out ?

I submitted my application on 24th October, around 3:00 PM EST time.

I have no idea till when will they send out the invites. My friend (who is also a member of PG forums,btw) also got an invite yesterday.

I have a strong feeling Tepper has dished out invites mainly because of good gmat score (mine = 740) for now. My friend also had the same score. I doubt they have reviewed our essays thoroughly and selected us on the basis of good overall application within 4 days of submission !

IMO, all of you who have a good GMAT score, expect an interview call.

A brief about my profile for those who are interested:

Software Engineer (B.Tech), 3 yrs of work ex @ matriculation. (I hail from the Telecom industry)
good professional achievements and career progression.
Avg undergrad and decent extra curricular activities.
No social community service.
targeting high tech industry post MBA. (that makes tepper a great fit for me as it has a very strong tech. leadership program)

IMO, if you have got good set of essays together,decent profile and have a good gmat score, you stand a good chance.

HTH.

Hi guys,

I am planning to apply in Round two. what is the average GMAT score expected for Tepper MBA full time program. I am yet to take my GMAT 2nd time for better score.

Thanx,

Think it is 687.

Any round 2 applicants out here? I am looking at round 2 as well.

My brief profile -

3+ yrs IT
700/5

Thanks!

Hey Puys,

Nice to see a prospective students group for Tepper here

Just to reconfirm - Tepper doesn't provide non US-cosigner loans?

Also, AFAIK - Tepper isin't known for generous scholarships.

In that case, have you guys explored other loan options?

PS: Please let me know if I'm wrong.

Cheers!

Have you explored how the HSBC loan option works? I think it is specially for Indian students - that's what is mentioned in their website.
A brief about my profile for those who are interested:

Software Engineer (B.Tech), 3 yrs of work ex @ matriculation. (I hail from the Telecom industry)
good professional achievements and career progression.
Avg undergrad and decent extra curricular activities.
No social community service.
targeting high tech industry post MBA. (that makes tepper a great fit for me as it has a very strong tech. leadership program)

IMO, if you have got good set of essays together,decent profile and have a good gmat score, you stand a good chance.

HTH.

@ trailblazer123: I guess u r right....the first slot of interview went to high gmat score candidates only....I submitted my appli by last week of sep but have not yet been invited for interview even as of now....because of my 670 gmat for sure.

I am wondering would this means a ding outright or they may still consider me....with 6+ years of managerial work-ex, excellent international extra-curriculars, and non-traditional industry Steel, I was hoping to compensate for my relatively low gmat.....let's see
@ trailblazer123: I guess u r right....the first slot of interview went to high gmat score candidates only....I submitted my appli by last week of sep but have not yet been invited for interview even as of now....because of my 670 gmat for sure.

I am wondering would this means a ding outright or they may still consider me....with 6+ years of managerial work-ex, excellent international extra-curriculars, and non-traditional industry Steel, I was hoping to compensate for my relatively low gmat.....let's see

May be you can confirm with the adcom about this? Is there any last date for sending invites for R1? They may be able to comment.

battlefield Says
Have you explored how the HSBC loan option works? I think it is specially for Indian students - that's what is mentioned in their website.

I read somewhere that the interest rates are absurd (~13%) .. you can check more on this to confirm. Mujhe bhi batana confirm karke

Any round 2 applicants out here? I am looking at round 2 as well.

My brief profile -

3+ yrs IT
700/5

Thanks!

hey dude!
I'm thinking of R2 as well with a 680. Have you got in touch with any alum or student .. can anyone help us out here?

hey dude!
I'm thinking of R2 as well with a 680. Have you got in touch with any alum or student .. can anyone help us out here?

Try the connect with current student option on the Tepper website.
Worked for me and I was able to get in touch with current students.

People with 670-680 should not be too disappointed. The Tepper avg gmat is around 690-700 so you are not way off the mark and stand a good chance if you have a good profile.