CL Proc Mock 1 - Season 2012-13

*Hi Puys, The season has begun, we can sense the cyclone of getting into our b-school inside our hearts, can feel the fire in belly. It’s the first mock on the season. Please share with fellow puys, Your CL Mock Attempts/Score/Experience/Sug…

Hi Puys,
The season has begun, we can sense the cyclone of getting into our b-school inside our hearts, can feel the fire in belly. It's the first mock on the season.
Please share with fellow puys,
Your CL Mock Attempts/Score/Experience/Suggestions/Mistakes Learnt/Approaches & Strategies or anything related, you want to share.

Wish you an interested & successful season ahead..

Fungus-aMongUs
Puys,
CL Mocks are starting today. I advice you to stay cool, do not study anything. Just go and shoot. First Mock is a test to know what mocks are all about others will tell you what CAT is all about.
During the entire journey, experiment in all dimensions, try all strategies, moods, timings, days (mon, tue, wed, kidding, people try to find the best suitable day of the week and choose the same for taking CAT, seen many Jokes apart! Mocks say experiment with us in n number of ways and we prepare you for CAT which will be n+1)th but would be easier for you.
Need not to panic with low scores in mocks. Mocks are more the reflection of your weaknesses than of your strengths. Don't get excited after scoring well in a particular section.
Try to maintain it and work on your weaknesses. Make an excel sheet (or I will search my repository I did so many experiments like this ) where you can put all the topics in a row and arrange them in order of your strengths after every mock you take. How to do this? Suppose there are 9 topics in QA top 3 your best, next 3 u r ok with and next three you need improvement. Read these 3 topics till next mock and Practice from fundamentals to advance.
This way you will improve your weaknesses. I did it with P&C;, Prob and I really improved.
Treat all mocks as the real CAT and the real CAT as a mock, this really helps!
Last but not the least, as I always say 'There are 4 Ps of Selection - Practice, Practice, Practice and little more Practice' Follow, Lead and Achieve.
Godspeed!
O/
Hi Puys,
The season has begun, we can sense the cyclone of getting into our b-school inside our hearts, can feel the fire in belly. It's the first mock on the season.
Please share with fellow puys,
Your CL Mock Attempts/Score/Experience/Suggestions/Mistakes Learnt/Approaches & Strategies or anything related, you want to share.

Wish you an interested & successful season ahead..

Fungus-aMongUs

Ankit bhai, please start the poll also with different ranges of scores.

26th May ko Exam dene ke baad aata hun Yahaan!

All the Best! to everybody...

Just a suggestion to the poll creator for future mock discussion threads.
Every test has a different difficulty level so, its better to wait for a few puys to post their scores and then a poll can be created accordingly.
To put my point in a better way. Lets look at the range of the polls here.
There is just one score and that too falls in 104+ category where as on the lower side the least option is Now if the average score for the test ranges around 70-90, the options dont allow a person to analyse the overall relative performance (before actual result).

26th May ko Exam dene ke baad aata hun Yahaan!

All the Best! to everybody...

Me too 26th ko slot book kiya hai...Will update soon....:p

semesters started frm 17.and slot on 24th... will try my best though

howz the difficulty leval of the first Test ?

can someone mail me the pdf of this mock when it is out?

wont say a lacklusture performance...but defintly a dull one

QADI - 16 15 44
VALR - 25 15 35

VA

wont say a lacklusture performance...but defintly a dull one

QADI - 16 15 44
VALR - 25 15 35

VA

What was the percentile?
mbajamesbond Says
What was the percentile?

percentiles will be provided
after the test window..

The season began on a disastrous note!
QA - 10R, 7W :23
VA - 11R, 11W :22
Overall - 45 :(

Miles to go before I sleep, Laps to go but with such creep!

QA- 38 :(
VA - 54

Can anyone tell me about the performance. And how to improve the QA section more? Any strategies?

QA 29
VA 61 :w00t:

First mock of 2nd season
Qa seemed easy but got 10 wrong
Va was moderately tough

My 2nd season didn't start on a good note....:oops:....and here is the reason..
SEC 1- 14(10A 6C 4W)....:banghead:
SEC2-51(25A 19C 6W)......
OVERALL-65...:splat:

OPINION- Sec 1 was well way above CAT level but 14 is a bit too low for this paper.DI sets were calculation intensive nd I had to leave few..:banghead:....Maths was excellent...Cut-off should be 22-27..

Sec 2 was a decent paper....Although the passages were lengthy+tricky but still they were doable...Apart from 1 LR set(which I thought was time consuming 4 me),others were doable...good mix of PCs nd PJs..cut-off should b 39-43..
Overall cut-off-74-80....
All the best to you.......:thumbsup:
Here I come proc2.....
Note:Opinion is absolutely personal....

Done with the test today.... And i mus tell you this is not what i expected..

Test time and date : 1PM, 19th may 2012. CL, Connaught place center.

QADI: 17Attempts-8 Correct.....Score: 15

VALR: 24Attempts-18 Correct...Score: 48.
Total score: 63.

As usual bad accuracy.
Server went down 4 times during the test.
Was not confident while attempting QA.... Stuck mid way in many of the questions.

All the LR questions were easy and did all of them. Was not able to concentrate on RC. The surrounding played a major role in ruining the concentration.
What is the most worrying part is 15 Wrong Questions..
No idea about what percentile i will be getting... but it has to be something humiliating.
Best of luck to others.

P.S. Anjaney bhai.... Masha-allah......dabang type entry ki hai mocks mein..

mbajamesbond Says
What was the percentile?

Hope ur query is answered properly in previous posts .... 😃

Me and MockCATs meet again......

QADI: 17A, 14C......39......
VALR: 30A, 23C......62......

OA: 47A, 37C......101......

First mock since CAT 2012......a bit rusty with QA......should have answered 3-4 more questions......took too long to answer some questions......couldn't recollect some methods......need to buck up here......14 correct in VA is always acceptable......