Christ University MBA 2011-13

Hello Christites… Congratulations to everybody who has converted the call of Christ for 2011-2013 batch and has taken admission there.:cheerio::cheerio: I am starting this thread to discuss about OST project and other important things t…

Hello Christites...
Congratulations to everybody who has converted the call of Christ for 2011-2013 batch and has taken admission there.:cheerio::cheerio:

I am starting this thread to discuss about OST project and other important things that can help every one of us during our MBA at Christ....

All the best and hope for help from everybody to keep this thread alive!
:

Hi everyone, tis is my first post in pagalguy. Its very good to have a thread like this, so that everyone can share their own experieces in OST.

great thought nikunj

So we are supposed to do the Org. study at a manufacturing company. Is 30 days a mandate? Because i wont be relieved from my company until mid of may for me to think about OST.

hi, i mailed my mentor he advised me 2 do d report in a public limited firm.. i have been trying in many firms but the responses are negative

Where are you located Abhishek? Who is your Mentor? Are you from Main Campus or Kengeri?

anandts86 Says
So we are supposed to do the Org. study at a manufacturing company. Is 30 days a mandate? Because i wont be relieved from my company until mid of may for me to think about OST.

Since it is not a compulsion to get the certificate of training from the company, so I think even if u don't do a 30 day training, its okay. But the thing is that for howsoever long period u do the training, ur purpose of training shud be solved. :thumbsup:

Fine. What are the aspects do we need to concentrate during this Org. Study?

anandts86 Says
Fine. What are the aspects do we need to concentrate during this Org. Study?

U cud have got a hard copy of the instructions regarding the aspects to be covered in ur project... Anyways, the topics to be covered are:-
a. History of the organization
b. Profile of the Product(s)/Service
c. Mission, objectives & strategies of the organization
d. Organisation design and structure
e. Policies and procedures followed
f. Functions of various departments and their managers
g. SWOT analysis of the organization
h. Key Result Areas (KRAs) of the Organisation
i. Key Result Activities
j. Organisation design factors and approach
k. Organisation structure factors: context & design
l. Significant factors for success
m. System of accounting followed
n. Product promotional measures
o. Career planning and promotion policy of employees
p. Training measures
q. System followed for purchase of materials
r. HRD measures (including welfare measures)
s. Manpower planning
t. Performance appraisal system
u. Financial highlights of the Organisation during the last 3 years
v. Future plans for growth of the Organisation
w. Views of managers at various levels and non-managerial staff by detailed interaction
x. Advantages and drawbacks of the organisation structure
y.Recommendations to overcome the drawbacks
z. Modifications, if any, to the organisation structure

Hope i helps! Refer the handout given to u for more details..

nikunj where r u planning for the OST? Anyone joined in the Main Campus Hostel?

kengeri selected candidates u can also move to the facebook group mba christ 2011-13.

hey ppl i have started a chist university 2011-2013.. in facebook, kindly join .. its a place we can discuss each other's ost ,admission and also post sample ost from last yr..

Login | Facebook

Facebook group already going on.. Only students shud join here:-

Login | Facebook

I am looking for a PG in Madivala area. Will be staying there. Thats some 10 mins walk from Main Campus.

anandts86 Says
I am looking for a PG in Madivala area. Will be staying there. Thats some 10 mins walk from Main Campus.

Even I m also looking for some PG near Christ :cheerio:

Latest updates on Christ from a senior:-

1. Christ University still have its affiliation status and it is not being de-recognized till now...

2. Average placements so far for current batch is around 4.75 lacs

3. Over 70% students out of 600 students who were interested in getting placements from the university are being placed till now

4. 10 to 12 more companies coming to the campus next week for hiring..

:cheerio::cheerio:
P.S:- The above information is given to me by seniors who r in contact wid me.

i literally banged my head to the wall today and still couldnt find a company that can give an OST..