Choosing 5 schools on GMAT EXAM Day

Hi Guys, Am planning to give my GMAT in the next month and had some very basic queries regarding choosing the schools on the exam day. I know choosing 5 schools on test day would be the last thing on ur mind and my questions below would seem …

Hi Guys,

Am planning to give my GMAT in the next month and had some very basic queries regarding choosing the schools on the exam day. I know choosing 5 schools on test day would be the last thing on ur mind and my questions below would seem stupid , but still wanted to satify my curiosity :)

1. Is choosing those 5 schools on test day mandatory ? because right now am just giving the exam but not planning to apply anywhere for the next 1 year. Now, since I have not really researched about what programs to apply, do I just select any 5 random schools based on how popular they are or something ?

2. So, if I do choose 5 schools on test day, the gmac website says that they will receive the scores within 20 days or so. Again the question that since I am not going to apply for the next 1 year what will those schools do with my scores? and when I do apply next year, how does the process of telling them about that you received my scores 1 year back or so works ?

3. Lastly, for the additional scores that I would request once I decide to apply to schools - the gmac website gives a number of options regarding that. So, I wanted to know if the schools require the scores to be sent to them directly by GMAC or we can request some copies from GMAC and send across those with our applications ? :S How does it work ?

Thanks in advance to anyone who would spare some time to clear my doubts 😃

Firstly, if you select 5 schools your score is valid for 5 years. So you can apply to those schools in the nest five years (thats wt i think, you dont need to re-send the scores to those unis again, even if its after say 3-4 years)

Choose schools that are realistic. Like, if you're scoring 640-650 in your home tests, please do not send your score to Harvard and Wharton.

You can select 2 schools with 650 average GMAT, 2 schools with 680 average GMAT and 1 school with 700 average GMAT. But this is only if you're scoring 640-650 in your home tests.

Hope this helps. Do not waste these 5 schools. You neevr know you miht land up with a 700 and would have not selected any school then its kinda a waste.

thanks Kini