Chicago GSB Fall 2008 Interviews & Admits

Calling all applicants with Chicago GSB interview invites. Share your profiles, interview dates, locations and anything else related with the admission process. Hope we have an enlightening discussion and meet up at Chicago coming fall. ::

Calling all applicants with Chicago GSB interview invites. Share your profiles, interview dates, locations and anything else related with the admission process. Hope we have an enlightening discussion and meet up at Chicago coming fall.

guys, today is the last date for the decision. I am waiting for the interview decision and I think most of us are doing the same. Is that why no one has responded as yet though many members viewed the post?
mail to to stay in touch with me.

Surprisingly, no activity on this thread! Last year, this was one of the more active ones courtesy iday, keya, inblue, deba....

Puys, where are you?

Surprisingly, no activity on this thread! Last year, this was one of the more active ones courtesy iday, keya, inblue, deba....

Puys, where are you?

Hi Maxwriter,
I have my interview on the 1st of Dec. What about you? Where is it? Mine is in Mumbai.

My profile -
Gmat - 750
WE- 3 yrs - Steel (Tech Assis to CEO, Corp Strategy and now production) founder of Hitech Agri company.
Extra curriculars - Indian Youth ambassador, Founder of PEC Management Association,
President Rotaract, Chief- Chandigarh Microfinance Scheme, Head of Student Government Council, Chairperson-Society of Manufacturing Engg, Chief Co-ord -NSS

Do post your profile.

Kind regards
M.R.
:snipersm:
Calling all applicants with Chicago GSB interview invites. Share your profiles, interview dates, locations and anything else related with the admission process. Hope we have an enlightening discussion and meet up at Chicago coming fall.

Congrats Max,

All the best for Chicago. now a days I am not regular on PG hence this delay in posting this message.

Will wait for the convert news.

Arun
Hi Maxwriter,
I have my interview on the 1st of Dec. What about you? Where is it? Mine is in Mumbai.

My profile -
Gmat - 750
WE- 3 yrs - Steel (Tech Assis to CEO, Corp Strategy and now production) founder of Hitech Agri company.
Extra curriculars - Indian Youth ambassador, Founder of PEC Management Association,
President Rotaract, Chief- Chandigarh Microfinance Scheme, Head of Student Government Council, Chairperson-Society of Manufacturing Engg, Chief Co-ord -NSS

Do post your profile.

Kind regards
M.R.
:snipersm:

I too have my interview on Dec 1, but at Bangalore. Its with alumni.

Brief Profile:
GMAT: 770 GPA: 3.03
WE: 3 years in an Indian IT company (semiconductors)
Extracurriculars: Good at my company, average at my undergraduate Institute
Interested in Entrepreneurship and Finance.....
Applied to Wharton & Chicago in R1: Dinged @W
Congrats Max,

All the best for Chicago. now a days I am not regular on PG hence this delay in posting this message.

Will wait for the convert news.

Arun

Thank you very much, sir! You are irregular at PG these days, but you manage to be everywhere! 😃

Hi there,
Does anybody know whether the interviews in Mumbai are going to be conducted by Alumni or Adcom members?

Kind regards
M.R.

Hi there,
Does anybody know whether the interviews in Mumbai are going to be conducted by Alumni or Adcom members?

Kind regards
M.R.

Are all interviews in India are being conducted by alumni.

Source: Rose, Admissions Director, Chicago GSB

puys,
did anyone recieve the location in mumbai yet.?
My status says Interview scheduled--> "in progress"

puys,
did anyone recieve the location in mumbai yet.?
My status says Interview scheduled--> "in progress"

Hi Kritik,
No boss. Havent recieved any email from them as to where the interview is gonna be. I think we should expect an email immediately after thanks giving. ie-26th or 27th. I will be travelling to Mumbai for my interview. Do you have it on the 1st?

M.R.
Hi Kritik,
No boss. Havent recieved any email from them as to where the interview is gonna be. I think we should expect an email immediately after thanks giving. ie-26th or 27th. I will be travelling to Mumbai for my interview. Do you have it on the 1st?

M.R.

Yeah!.
I have mine on the first.!
Cya there?.

Cheers!

Hey,
Has anyone had an interview yet? Please post your experiences.

M.r.

Hi there!
Had my interview today in Mumbai. It was an Alumni interview. Well, I think the interview went in a very "Unconventional" way. It went on for almost an hour. My interviewer just asked me about my jobs, why MBA now? why chicago GSB and do you have any questions? Nothing else. I think 95% of the airtime must have been occupied by me.
I was trying to constantly think about the questions that I should be answering and was then going ahead and answering them. You know things like my goals, concentrations, extra curriculars, exemplary contributions at work etc.

I have a very strange feeling about how my interview went. I came out with a quizzed state of mind.
Please do share your interview experiences.

Kind regards
M.R.

I too had an alumni interview today at Bangalore and I had a mixed feeling after the interview. I talked about my goals and future plans well but did not answer some of the other questions that well. I was asked the standard Why's in addition to the stuff from my resume and work experience.

Was impressed by the alumni and had a Q&A; session in the end with him. Its impossible to say whether I will get through or will get a kick.

I too had an alumni interview today at Bangalore and I had a mixed feeling after the interview. I talked about my goals and future plans well but did not answer some of the other questions that well. I was asked the standard Why's in addition to the stuff from my resume and work experience.

Was impressed by the alumni and had a Q&A; session in the end with him. Its impossible to say whether I will get through or will get a kick.

Don't worry too much Max,

Normaly it is very difficult to tell how any interview went but unlike IIMs once you receive a interview call for overseas colleges you are almost there.

Keep your hopes high. Will wait eagerly for the good news.

Arun

Anyone based in India recieved The GSB Call;.
??

Anyone based in India recieved The GSB Call;.
??

Hi Kritik,
I dont think anybody from India has recieved a call yet. Lets see what happens. All the best.

Mohinder

Yup, have not heard any Indian applicant hearing from the ADCOM. All the best. Its less than 12 hours of wait now.