Chicago Booth Fall 2011 Aspirants

Hi All, Couldn’t find a thread for Chicago Booth. Would be great if fellow aspirants could share their profiles / status in the application process! My profile - 750/3 yrs/MC/IIT Cheers, c00

Hi All,

Couldn't find a thread for Chicago Booth. Would be great if fellow aspirants could share their profiles / status in the application process!

My profile - 750/3 yrs/MC/IIT

Cheers,
c00

Hey c00|guy,

Thanks for starting this thread. I applied to UChicago Booth in Round 1 (for their full-time MBA program) and was invited to interview day before yesterday (Nov 3rd). Since I am based in the US, I will be attending the interview on-campus mid November.

My Profile

- GMAT: 750 / AWA: 6.0 / Engineering Undergrad from a Top 10 university in the US with a 4.0/4.0 GPA.

- Extracurriculars: Was the Head Boy at high school, Student Government President at college. Nonprofit leadership (at the Board level) for two local west coast profits.

- Work Ex: Started out as a Program Manager in a leading F100 Tech company (in its Telecom business group) but shifted focus to Sales & Marketing. Currently in a part-consulting/part-biz dev role, working primarily with clients in the Financial Services/Healthcare/Airline sectors. Total Industry Work Ex 4.5 years by Fall 2011.

- International: Well pretty much launched my career in the US having been there for the past 7 years. Have worked time-to-time with satellite teams in China, Switzerland and of course, India.

Where else have you applied besides UChicago?

Hey dude,

Congratulations on the invite! I too got an invite from Booth and am planning to visit campus for an on-campus i/v on the 16th of November. When are you planning to be in Chicago?

Cheers!

Hey c00|guy,

Thanks for starting this thread. I applied to UChicago Booth in Round 1 (for their full-time MBA program) and was invited to interview day before yesterday (Nov 3rd). Since I am based in the US, I will be attending the interview on-campus mid November.

My Profile

- GMAT: 750 / AWA: 6.0 / Engineering Undergrad from a Top 10 university in the US with a 4.0/4.0 GPA.

- Extracurriculars: Was the Head Boy at high school, Student Government President at college. Nonprofit leadership (at the Board level) for two local west coast profits.

- Work Ex: Started out as a Program Manager in a leading F100 Tech company (in its Telecom business group) but shifted focus to Sales & Marketing. Currently in a part-consulting/part-biz dev role, working primarily with clients in the Financial Services/Healthcare/Airline sectors. Total Industry Work Ex 4.5 years by Fall 2011.

- International: Well pretty much launched my career in the US having been there for the past 7 years. Have worked time-to-time with satellite teams in China, Switzerland and of course, India.

Where else have you applied besides UChicago?
Hey dude,

Congratulations on the invite! I too got an invite from Booth and am planning to visit campus for an on-campus i/v on the 16th of November. When are you planning to be in Chicago?

Cheers!

And congrats to you as well. My interview is on 11/20 (Saturday).

Congrats guys

I got an interview email as well. Living in India
Checked out the interview list - no Alum in India

I think i'll have to do a phone interview, which kinda sucks
Does anybody have some ideas about it

Congrats tanus2509 !!. Could you please share your profile.

Thanks

Congrats guys

Congrats tanus2509 !!. Could you please share your profile.

Thanks

Hi Mackd
Pretty Avg profile when you consider Booth

Merchant Navy Captain/ 9 yrs WE/ 29 yr age/ GMAT 720/5.5
Degree in Marine transportation and Nautical science
Wish you all the best!!

hi !! i too have registered !! but im nt much aware about the process !! could any one elaborate !! on the way it takes place !! as in the course ..admissions ..loans and al !!

ankitgarg20 Says
They have Alums in India and you will have an interview in India. Just email them with the request and they will connect you to an Alum in India.

Thanks
I sent them an email last night bcos I couldnt find any indian cities on their offcampus list
I hope you are right!!
Congrats guys

I got an interview invite too!!!! contact Anna at [email protected]. She will send you a list of alum available in india. There is a flashing red sign that says Candidates willing to interview in India should write to this email id. I have scheduled my interview!!!!

Can we have a mock guys??? Looks like we are a thread with 100% interview invitees.

Arunsundar Says
I got an interview invite too!!!! contact Anna at [email protected]. She will send you a list of alum available in india. There is a flashing red sign that says Candidates willing to interview in India should write to this email id. I have scheduled my interview!!!!

Hi arun
thanks.I emailed admissions this morning
Apparently I am the only one who did not know abt this!!! hehe

Count me in!
Congrats to fellow PG's who are invited as well :cheers:

Did you get the interviewer's list or just one contact?

Hi! I got an interview invite. As some of you have already mentioned, interviews are arranged with alumni here in india. I am based in Delhi and my interview is scheduled for next friday.
Any tips for the interview?? Any idea about the percentage conversion in the interviews?

Profile:
GMAT 760/4.5
WE: 2 yrs, consulting, own venture
B.Tech, CS, IIT

Pls. share your profile snapshot guys....
Heres mine:
Gmat 720
Engineer, HR consulting 4.5 Yrs of work ex. Six Sigma Green belt certified.

Hi Paras,
I too have been shortlisted for interview at Delhi with an alum on Thursday. I am a marine engineer. My profile- GMAT 770/5.5, UG GPA 3.4, WE 4 years.
Request feedback after your interview.

Hi! I got an interview invite. As some of you have already mentioned, interviews are arranged with alumni here in india. I am based in Delhi and my interview is scheduled for next friday.
Any tips for the interview?? Any idea about the percentage conversion in the interviews?

Profile:
GMAT 760/4.5
WE: 2 yrs, consulting, own venture
B.Tech, CS, IIT

Hi, I am an R1 applicant and have been invited or interview at Delhi on 17 Nov. I am a marine engineer. Profile- GMAT 770/5.5, WE 4 years GPA 3.5. Please give feed back about interview

Hi mariner123...me in the same league.... all the best for the booth interviews....mine also arranged for this weekend.... what other colleges have u applied to>???

Sailor82 Says
Hi mariner123...me in the same league.... all the best for the booth interviews....mine also arranged for this weekend.... what other colleges have u applied to>???

Hi,

Welcome on board. I have interview for Michigan Broad and Carroll this week. I have applied for Stanford,MIT Sloan, Duke, UCLA Anderson, ISB and Berkley Haas. What about you? Your interview at Kolkata?

All the best.