Chicago ADMIT ' 10 : Taking questions :)

Hi All Just got a mail from Kurt Ahlm that I have been taken off the waitlist and been admitted!! of course this is the crowning moment for me as I chased this school for the past 2.5 years… Anyway, I would love to talk about the…

Hi All

Just got a mail from Kurt Ahlm that I have been taken off the waitlist and been admitted!!

of course this is the crowning moment for me as I chased this school for the past 2.5 years....

Anyway, I would love to talk about the school that I have fallen in love with...

Fire away if you have any questions!!

Cheers

Kunal

Hey Kunal,

Thats great news 😃 . Congrats!!! And all the best.

Thanks,
Abhishek.

Hi All

Just got a mail from Kurt Ahlm that I have been taken off the waitlist and been admitted!! ....

Hey Kunal,

Congrats dude ... this is awesome news . Of course the most inspiring part is that you have been trying for the last 2.5 years and u have finally made it.....persistence finally paid off.

Hoping to see u at the PG Fall'08 admits meet in Delhi .....

Congrats, man! Thats a great achievement.

With no call or e-mail, I am sure heading for a ding, sigh 😞

Congrats, man! Thats a great achievement.

With no call or e-mail, I am sure heading for a ding, sigh :(

max my man. it aint over till its over.

you already know how it was for us in R1. we didn't come to know anything till we checked at the last moment.

hang in there buddy

Cheers
max my man. it aint over till its over.

you already know how it was for us in R1. we didn't come to know anything till we checked at the last moment.

hang in there buddy

Cheers

Thanks for your comforting words. I am sure you would do well at GSB. Let me wait till tonight and then chart out my future plans. Will talk to you offline after the picture gets over.

a very big congrats kunal! 😃 this is great news! chicago is an awesome school (one of my favourites among my apps too!) and im sure you'll have a wonderful time there.

good luck! :)

Hi All

Just got a mail from Kurt Ahlm that I have been taken off the waitlist and been admitted!!

of course this is the crowning moment for me as I chased this school for the past 2.5 years....

Anyway, I would love to talk about the school that I have fallen in love with...

Cheers

Kunal

Hey Kunal,

A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U deserve it man 😃 :)

maxwriter - keep the faith buddy !!!

Wonderful Kunal. You are an inspiration to other people in Pagalguy.

Congrats Kunal!!

Hi All

Cheers

Kunal
Hey Kunal,

A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U deserve it man 😃 :)

maxwriter - keep the faith buddy !!!

Congrats Kunal, :)
one of the most awaited post (/thread) of yours ;)

I am happy for you.

Hey Kunal, I know ur a senior at pagalguy, but cud u post ur detailed profile fr us please

Hey Kunal,

Congratulations!! You certainly deserve this admit! Now that you have Iday and Keya as your seniors what else do you need

I tried calling you but apparently your number has changed. PM me with your new number and lets catch up.

Arun

Congrats Kunal. Have a great time at the GSB.

Hello All

Many thanks for your wishes. It has been a remarkable journey for me tracing these 2 schools (Ross and GSB) for the admits that it is now very surreal, to say the least.

For Karan and other newbies (as we call you all on PG), my profile is:
770 in GMAT/4 Yrs W.E. by matriculation/ Energy Industry/ Supply Chain expereince/ Civil Engineer from a top 10 institute in India. My most significant extracurricular activity after college is well, PG :)

Hope this shall suffice.

and Arun: My number is the same. will send you a PM of it asap.

Cheers

Hey Many Congrats Kunal!! Great going :)

I got WLed at Ross. Would be calling sometime for Waitlist conversion advice..

Hey Many Congrats Kunal!! Great going :)

I got WLed at Ross. Would be calling sometime for Waitlist conversion advice..

Sure,

just make sure you call me around 10 in the night... work's obviously not going at its best for me :(

Cheers

Congrats Kunal! Great news 😃

Hello Chicago admit,
I thank you for having started this thread to discuss or clarify lingering doubts about Chicago GSB. kindly look into my profile and fwd ur candid opinion regarding my chances of making it to the school.

Acads: Scored 87% in Class X( 1991) and XII (1993), B Tech ( 8.4/9.0) , Gmat 710/5
Work Ex: 11 yrs in the Indian Army with ex ranging from fighting insurgents in the kashmir valley , commanding a company of 150 men to managing administration and logistics of an Armd Brigade.
Extra Curricular: Reprented Army in Squash and have played many games at the unit and brigade level. Was involved in a major environmental initiative undertaken in my previous unit.

Certain queries that i solicit further clarifications;
What are strengths of the program and how is it different from other b schools in us?
Do you feel it is wise to pursue a 2 year mba program at 32 yrs of age or try for a 1 yr pgme from INSEAD or IMD?
How much emphasis is laid to the diversity factor and if yes would it add value to my profile?