chess lovers, join me!

hi, didn’t find a thread related to chess, so started this. loves chess.excellent game. fave player:ofcourse vishy(who else?) btw do ya know any good chess site or book fr standard techniques.my game is wholly mine and not based on standa…

hi,
didn't find a thread related to chess, so started this. loves chess.excellent game.
fave player:ofcourse vishy(who else?)

btw do ya know any good chess site or book fr standard techniques.my game is wholly mine and not based on standard moves.
also do they ask qns on chess during interview if u say its ur fav??????????

mux

definetely pal.They can ask anything from cooking to pottery.BTW guys how come these panelists seem to know everything from the quran to cooking.Has anyone bluffed in the past and got away with that?

iam a great fan of chess as well....

used to play it till juniour college....

don't play it now though....

but am a great fan of anand and kasparov...

hey nice to hear that Dharam ..
so u still following Anand's career or have given up on him topping the charts...

care to come online sometime for a game ?

P.S. .. common sense says that odds are on favor of one of the interview panelists being an old hat at chess. So, unless u sure of ur game & its nuances.. dont take a risk coz u used to beat ur younger cousin a zillion times.
idea is to be offbeat .. fake it if u can carry it well .. some I hv heard of are 'Russian History Lovers' & 'Penchant to collect company Logos' & making it to iims
-amit

yaar amit i don't leave my ideals like these yaar....

ofcourse i still follow anand's every move.....

but i don't find chess as interesting any more..... 😞

dharamjeet prasad Says
but i don't find chess as interesting any more..... :(

kya ho gaya bhai ??? any particular reason ?? Anand seems to do pretty well nowadays.. then why ??

but i don't find chess as interesting any more..... :(

How can that be true Dharam?
For example, why do you think we still follow every post of yours? 😃
dharamjeet prasad| Says
yaar amit i don't leave my ideals like these yaar....

tussi great ho....tussi great nahi maha great ho...Bade buzorgon ne kaha tha every mortal has to be proud of his ideals and dirty underwear..after all they serve when u need them the most.... guru, bahut sahi..!! 😐

dharamjeet prasad Says

u must...u must...in fact we all must follow every move that our favourite sports icon take...u choose Anand, i choose Anna Kournikova...afta all, kitna Anand hai unke peeche..!!

|dharamjeet prasad Says
but i don't find chess as interesting any more..... 😞

galat baat hai DHP....we have to see to that alternate games like Shatranj and Hockey prosper in our country....we really hold ardent fans like u in high esteem...

Hari Om

Will Kasparov never play again (with humans)?????

catcracker wrote:
Will Kasparov never play again (with humans)?????

i hope he do.he is no doubt the best player on the planet.
i played in some small local tournaments and fared good.anybody who knows the big moves like indian attack or scilian defence?
mux

hey i am a national chess player . I thought u had as oftware to play chess so i could have some time pass. But doesnt seem so.:)

fun_adi Says
hey i am a national chess player . I thought u had as oftware to play chess so i could have some time pass. But doesnt seem so.:)

Lo.. we now have a National Player on board !! :D
tussi kaun ho prabhu ? P.Harikrishna in disguise ??? 😉
fun_adi wrote:
hey i am a national chess player . I thought u had as oftware to play chess so i could have some time pass. But doesnt seem so.

wow,a national one.but i think he disapparated frm forum.don't think chess board will b allowed.or is it :
mux

hey there was looking for some good chess players to start of some regular chess games online maybe. I play online at yahoo using the id Jo+Jo+Jo. If anyone's interested to start a lil chess club lemme know.

Vow, here comes my fav thread!

Some of the sites where you can play online chess:

chess.ac
chess.ac

chess.ac
www.balestris.com/chess/index.asp
www.chessmaniac.com
chess.ac
www.balestris.com/chess/index.asp
[url=http://chessproblem.my-free-games.com/
gameknot.com
http://home.tiscali.nl/blubbieonline/

Yahoo chess ofcourse!

I thought I play good chess until I started playing at Yahoo!
People are really maniacle there(I am talking about the Advanced lounge). They beat you with only 2-3 moves!

Well I really cudn't take loosing all the time.
So i got a chess book.
"Ultimate guide to build strategies from basic to advance"( I m not sure if the title of the book is perfect, words may be here n there) - By Bruce Pandolfini (Rs. 486/-)
Now, I think i am better:smile:

Are there any one from bangalore?
I want to know if there are any chess clubs that organize chess tournaments.

regs,
Rathna

so Gary kasparov retired . lets have discussion on that.
well in the end he proved he was the best, 8/12 in the linares tournament
ia an awesome score,if only anand could have capitalised in his good position
with white against gary cud the result have been different.....

yes adieu ! to the best chess player of his generation,unarguably ........ and he signed it off in style......this is the stuff what champs r really made of 😃 ........though he was very controversial throughout and was also instrumental in breaking the fide , still a champ is champ and will always remain to b so 😃

cheers !!!
vishu.

A very sad day for the game of chess. Hope Kasparov re-considers his decision and the mess in chess world that FIDE and players ego has created comes to an end.

King Kasparov still rules...very unlikely we will see someone like him again.

A very sad day for the game of chess. Hope Kasparov re-considers his decision and the mess in chess world that FIDE and players ego has created comes to an end.

King Kasparov still rules...very unlikely we will see someone like him again.

I seem to be a jack(ass) of all trades, obviously, master of none....

People here seem to have forgotten this thread. I did a search and got this for lovers... ahem... chess lovers.

Now, peepz, cud u let me know if there are some online resources to LEARN chess? I know some old indian chess, but i am definitely not great at it. Now, I think I should learn to read chess moves.... like they give in newspapers: a4, r5... some crap like that...

help me guys!! I feel as if I don't have anything to rattle off b4 the interview panel (yeah... i know I have to clear CAT first).