Chembur Volunteer Group: Volunteers needed

Hello Frineds, To begin with, we are a group of four or five people from various backgrounds working with a bunch of slum kids in Gautam Nagar Locality of Chembur. This group was started by few enthusiastic young people who wanted to create so…

Hello Frineds,
To begin with, we are a group of four or five people from various backgrounds working with a bunch of slum kids in Gautam Nagar Locality of Chembur. This group was started by few enthusiastic young people who wanted to create some difference in the lives of kids living in the slums. The number of kids we are working with is on an average around 25-30 and age groups varies from 5 to 13 yrs. What we are doing presently is not very structured, and that is pretty difficult also considering the fact that we are working with kids.Basically we teach them basic english, a liitle about hygiene and basic mathematics. Apart from that we also encourage the kids for non-academic activities like painting, drawing and few handicrafts. We don't have a very structured way of doing these things, but somehow we just try to spend some quality time with them, hoping that in the process kids learn something. And to tell you the truth its been quite an experience. Interacting with the kids, listening to them and make them listen is a wonderful learning experience for us also. Some of them are really naughty and we have no clue how to handle them
We work on sundays in morning during 10-12:30Hrs.
Right now we are facing some serious problems of volunteers' crunch.
The basic intention of starting this thread is to request a few of you who are interested in volunteering for such a cause to come ahead and join us in our endevaour.
Those who are interested can PM me, and i will convey the details and I promise interacting with the kids will be really an experince worth having..:)

Looking forward to your cooperation and support
AK..:)

I would like to join you people.