Check-Off your Bucket List

Hello People !!! One more year gone by… We will all die this year… Nah, Mayans are stupid people :: :: :: I am doing great in my job and I am sure my boss recognizes my work… Nah again, my boss is stupid too… He …

Hello People !!!!!!

One more year gone by.... We will all die this year...... Nah, Mayans are stupid people

I am doing great in my job and I am sure my boss recognizes my work..... Nah again, my boss is stupid too..... He will never recognize my work.....

I want to enjoy life.... Hmmm... Yeh hui na baat... "Paise kya paidh par ugte hain dhakkan" .... "I will definitely buy a 'money plant' sometime real soon and will bloody shut this inside fella inside only hamesha ke liye... "

Anyways, I intend to start this thread and invite all those free birds, all those brave souls who want to check things off their bucket list. In this process, they might get company from fellow puys here and also great suggestions from 'already been there, done that' kinda people too...

And for all those who do not have a bucket list, dun worry..... You too shall have a bucket list one day when you become as enlightened as we braver souls have become....

For all those potential discussion players, please post a brief into of the following before your start your discussion:

1. Who are you, what do you do...
2. Some of your bucket list items...
3. What have you checked off your list, if any...
4. What are your next items on the list that you will be checking off...
5. Anything else that you would want to mention...

As for me ....

I am one of those countless IT guys, but I do not toil away writing codes and testing them. I work for a Big MNC giant in Hyderabad. I am an adventure enthusiast. I want to do so many things, never could do it. But no more.... 'The Time Has Come, This Is My Time and I Shall Seize It This Time'....

I have so many things on my list. Let me put some common ones out there for the benefit of those who do not have a list as of now.

1. Dancing
2. Swimming
3. Sky Diving / Para Sailing / Para Gliding
4. Participate in AXN Amazing Race
5. Archery / Shooting
6. Play an instrument
7. Participate in a Marathon
8. Visit Angkor Wat
9. Trip to Laddakh
10. Stay in buddhist monastery for a week.
11. Scuba Diving / Coraf Reef exploration / Shark diving
12. River Rafting
13. Bungee Jumping
14. Make a short film.
15. Watch Aurora (Northern Lights) in Norway

What have you checked off your list, if any...
Kuch bhi nahin kiya..... Nothing.... seriously...
Always waiting for company to do it

What are your next items on the list that you will be checking off...
As of now same as what I mentioned above.

Anything else that you would want to mention...
People will never get time to do anything cos they are always busy. The trick is to stretch their timelines. You have to sacrifice something to gain something.

Okay, so I guess I am only the second person here.

Just a regular guy from Kolkata. Actually, pretty much less than a regular guy. Decided not to sit for campus interviews in the college, because I thought I would make it to a good b-school, turned out the other way. Sat for one year at home and prepared for exams and again CAT and other exams showed me the door. So as of now, gearing up for bank-p.o. exam and searching for IT jobs.

Had many, since my school life. Listing a few...

a) Stay in a hostel.
b) Publish my own story.
c) Study engineering (yehwala bakwas hai. ajkal to har koi engg padta hai)
d)Do MBA (mar gaya yehwala achieve karne ke chakkar mein)
e)Do FPM (Bhagwan jane hoga ya nahi)
f)Learn another international language
g)Go to Canada.
h)To have a room for myself (okay, I never had a room for myself in life)
i)To learn violin.
j)To teach in an IIM (please don't groan. I know I am mad. )
k)Manage a business directly
l)Earn by writing

a, b, c, and f is done.
Stayed in N'pur R.K. Mission
TOI published my writings twice.
Studied engineering. (thik hai yaar main pagal hoon)
Have learnt Deutsch from Max Mueller Bhavan Kolkata.

Want to do MBA soon, really bad. I need this more than anything else.

5. Anything else that you would want to mention..

Staying in a few places, alone has taught me one thing, that whatever happens with my life, I know I will do everything I want in my life. One day, I will live my life to the fullest.

Till then, I will keep fighting. :)

K, and L is done too. (EDIT)

For all those potential discussion players, please post a brief into of the following before your start your discussion:

I am Rahul Jha, from New Delhi. I work for Ericsson Global Services. I have 2 years+ work ex in core telecommunication industry. (sounds fancy I know . . lol)

There are just so many. . oh. . where to start from ..

a. Ride a chopper in Texas with my brother, after I teach him how to ride one in the first place.
b. Visit typical western place as depicted in good westerner movies like the good, bad and ugly, True Grit etc. and involve in gun slinging actions. . as long as I am not dead.
c. Coral Reef exploration under water
d. Have a hot girl friend . . . *evil* I know !
e. Visit Machu Pichu in South America and the awesome Jesus statue in Rio, Do something like animal vs wild in Amazon rain forest.
f. Did I say sky diving ? Its too common after ZNMD but trust me, I wanted to do this before people even knew what it is called ! ;)
g. Go to a college that everybody would be jealous of ! For time being, I did engineering from a college I am ashamed of ! :(
h. Feature on television
i. Get drunk in some dirty tavern in West Europe or an English pub and sing loudly "yo ho ho and a bottle of rum !!"
j. Go to places Ian Wright went to in Lonely planet series.
k. Become an IIT Engineer
l. Own a Business from scratch.
m. Be in a metal band \m/
n. become a multi lingual.
0. Masters Course from an Ivy League

. Many more that can not be mentioned here . . haha. Its a public forum ! Cheers.

d, h, m and n !!

I have done

Good college seems to be the next one in radar.

I need money to do what I want to do. MBA can get me that money. Plus MBA will help me start a business. Thats about it I guess !!
Okay, so I guess I am only the second person here.

yaar, regarding your MBA, you have to decide kahan se karna hai. Do you want it to be cos u want it on ur resume or for other reasons. When the goins is good, no one asks kahan se kiya, its only when the going is not gr8, ppl start asking questions. At that time it will matter ki kahan se kiya. So give it a thot... 😃
I am Rahul Jha, from New Delhi. I work for Ericsson Global Services. I have 2 years+ work ex in core telecommunication industry. (sounds fancy I know . . lol)...

nice man..... I am not surprised at the "fancy" stuff 😃

Ur gf must be smiling if she saw ur point "d" ;)

You have a nice list there buddy .... I was actually having some things on mind once the thread starts becoming more active.

If you guys have your plans of checking things off your list, pls elaborate. Who knows, there might be a better suggestion posted here. 😃 I will soon post mine. 😃

Well since Scuba diving is on my list, I will post some information here that might help those who have scuba diving in their list too.

General Info: Scuba Diving is fast becoming one of the most popular adventure thrills. One needs to know swimming skills. There are courses through which one can become a certified diver. Be it for recreational purpose or for a serious hobby, scuba diving opens up underwater realms to be explored.

Courses:
Discover Scuba Diver is an introductory course towards certification. The cost is around INR4000. Though there is no certification given, the dive experience can be accumulated for the next level.

Open Water Diver is the most popular course in recreational scuba diving. Costing anywhere around INR18,000, this course provides you with a certificate, which essentially means that you can scuba dive without a professional trainer by your side.

The other advanced courses are for serious scuba diving enthusiasts. From Underwater Photography to Wreck Diving, scuba diving offers a host of underwater pleasures to experience.

Dive sites in India include Grande Island (Goa), Netrani Island-Pigeon Island (Karnataka), Andamans and Lakshadweep.

While PADI is the largest recreational dive training and certification organization in the world, BSAC is the largest dive club in the world.

Links to checkout:
PADI The Way the World Learns to Dive
Barracuda Diving : Scuba Diving in Goa and other Destinations in India
Scuba Travel India
Welcome to GoaDiving
Goa Aquatics - PADI Scuba Diving Resort in Goa India.
Welcome to the official web site of Scuba Cochin
Temple Adventures Scuba Diving Surfing India ocean adventure water sports
Dreamz Diving

I am a sailor by profession. Have touched 5 out of 7 continents in the world but still I want to see the world coz unlike the popular belief all we get to see is the various ports of the world and there isn't enough time to actually explore and more importantly enjoy and experience the places we visit....

I have so many things on my list. Here are a few of those....

1. Sky Diving / Para Gliding (and it's not a by-product of ZNMD)
2. Play Guitar
3. Trip to Laddakh
4. Scuba Diving / Coraf Reef exploration / Shark diving
5. River Rafting
6. Bungee Jumping
7. Go to Alaska
8. Get a customizes Bat-Mobile made (ofcourse only the exteriors will be possible I guess)
9. Go on a biking trip across South America starting from the peninsular (Central) America uptill the tip where Atlantic and Pacific meets.
10. Fly a plane.
11. Do MBA from a very reputed institute.... (gt dinged frm ISB this time:banghead:)

and will keep updating it ...
What have you checked off your list, if any...
No. 5 and no.6

What are your next items on the list that you will be checking off...
As of now Scuba diving is next on the list.. will check it off within a month or so... Going to visit a friend in Andaman-Nicobar islands for mood uplift

Anything else that you would want to mention...
Another big idea in my mind right now is that on my 50th B'day (i.e. if I "live" till then, then I'll take a sabbatical for 2 years and go on a world tour then...... lets see how does that turn out to be....

I think we should be more active on this thread. I have an idea for that.

Why don't we post about what are we really doing to check things off our bucket list. Why don't we keep coming back after a few days interval and update where we stand, and what did we do in these days to check things off. things we want to do the most in our lives... :clap: :clap:

For me to start with, I am searching for a job right now. Appeared in CAT twice, didn't get bschools I wanted, so re-analysing my strategy a bit. Maybe will go for GMAT after 3-4 years.

I hope people join in with their ideas. :cheers:

I think we should be more active on this thread. I have an idea for that.

Why don't we post about what are we really doing to check things off our bucket list. Why don't we keep coming back after a few days interval and update where we stand, and what did we do in these days to check things off. things we want to do the most in our lives... :clap: :clap:

For me to start with, I am searching for a job right now. Appeared in CAT twice, didn't get bschools I wanted, so re-analysing my strategy a bit. Maybe will go for GMAT after 3-4 years.

I hope people join in with their ideas. :cheers:

Hmmm..... interesting thought.

I have already started Swimming. By the end of April, i will be all ready for scuba diving.

Continuing on another item -learning a foreign language - on my bucket list, I am in the deciding stage of choosing between French and Spanish.... Any suggestions ....
Hmmm..... interesting thought.

I have already started Swimming. By the end of April, i will be all ready for scuba diving.

Continuing on another item -learning a foreign language - on my bucket list, I am in the deciding stage of choosing between French and Spanish.... Any suggestions ....

Great work sir.

A couple of my friends went for French. It's a good language but the only problem is the pronunciation part. Personally, I went for Deutsch because it has got the second most usage as official language around the world.

If you love Switzerland, go for French. :cheers:
If you love the sunny, clear climate of Spain, go for Spanish. :clap:
Great work sir.

A couple of my friends went for French. It's a good language but the only problem is the pronunciation part. Personally, I went for Deutsch because it has got the second most usage as official language around the world.

If you love Switzerland, go for French. :cheers:
If you love the sunny, clear climate of Spain, go for Spanish. :clap:

I took german lessons for a month. was doing decent at it/ but somehow i didnt find d charm in it. n cos of pronunciation i m a bit apprehensive abt french. spanish has a charm but i have no clue abt it
WhiteWNNoise Says
I took german lessons for a month. was doing decent at it/ but somehow i didnt find d charm in it. n cos of pronunciation i m a bit apprehensive abt french. spanish has a charm but i have no clue abt it

Even I hated Deutsch at first because of all those Akkusativ and Dativ. Still confuse which is to be used where. But, at the end of the day, as we call it, 'das ist ein international und sehr interessant sprachen'

Go for French, sir. In the beginning it's difficult with every language. But it's fun when we start using them. :clap:
Personally, I have a plan of continuing Deutsch after getting a job... probably in the weekends.
I m quite an avid adventure freak: Some of the things I have already done

Sky Diving
Para Sailing
Scuba Diving
River Rafting
Bungee Jumping

I'd say Bungee Jumping was the craziest of them all !!

it definitely wud be if your life is handing upside down with a rope tied to your leg....
I m quite an avid adventure freak: Some of the things I have already done

Sky Diving
Para Sailing
Scuba Diving
River Rafting
Bungee Jumping

I'd say Bungee Jumping was the craziest of them all !!

That's great Ashim. We all want to do some of these things at some point in our lives. Some of us get the opportunity, some of us don't. Why don't you share your experience with us. Must've been real fun.

Looking forward. :cheers:

My status gets updated.

Re-analysed my plans for doing MBA. Thinking of taking up a job now. And for that doing a professional course on Java and Oracle. Once I get a job, am looking forward to work there for 4-5 years and then think about MBA. For now, job has become the first priority.

Loads of plans in my mind, can't disclose them as of now. Will keep on updating once I am through with the first target, a job that is. :cheers:

Who are you, what do you do...

A common IT engineer, working in TCS Hyderabad...MBA aspirant...

Some of your bucket list items...

Playing guitar...( Already started learning, can play a dozen of songs)

Publishing a book...(have started writing a number of times and then stopped)

going on a honeymoon, Kanyakumari to Sri Nagar in Himgiri express( not yet started)

new hairstyle( pata hi nahi chalta ki kaun sa style rakhun, lambe karta hun fir katwa leta hun)...