Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) from ICFAI_Hyderabad

Hello, There is no dedicated thread for CFA guys from ICFAI, hyderabad.So i thought it will be a great idea to open a specific thread focussed on CFA-ICFAI. We can discuss about exams, motivate each other, discuss about placements , about traโ€ฆ

Hello,

There is no dedicated thread for CFA guys from ICFAI, hyderabad.So i thought it will be a great idea to open a specific thread focussed on CFA-ICFAI. We can discuss about exams, motivate each other, discuss about placements , about training classes and even form study groups in different cities. According to ICFAI prospectus there are over 20000 guys studying for CFA ICFAI and this thread will be useful to all of us.

I am Akhil, 23 years old living in delhi. 2 years call centre experience. But not in mood to again pick up a headset. Studying for ICFAI CFA level 1 group alpha. Exams coming up next month . Plans to complete CFA ICFAI by april 2008.

One great thing is that after completing Level 2, You get waivers for CIIA (Certified International Investment Analyst), Switzerland for national exam. You can directly appear for CIIA international examination and this is a great Global degree in investment banking field.

Lets join hands to help each other in clearing CFA ICFAI exams.:smile:

@tumtum
Dude I feel like givin u a standing ovation
kudos to ur dedication and self belief
Really its people like u who constantly reiterate the fact that ur destiny is well and truly in ur hands.

-
Bugs

Tumtum.... :thumbsup:
I've heard enough horror stories of people not scraping thro' the ICFAI CFA...How the pass percentages are absymally low...and how there's a conspiracy(?) theory too that explains the low pass percentages.....

All the very best :)

Cheers

Great Update TumTum .I know you must be loving your high paying investment banking job with global giant.You deserve it because apart from clearing your CFA ICFAI and CIIA, you have self belief, determination, energy to make things happen rather then waiting for them to happen. Great Dude. Keep it up and be always there to show us correct path.

Guys, hows your preparation going for different groups exams in April? Make it sure you have downloaded and printed your admit card.

See ICFAI CFA exam schedule for April 2006

Best of all luck for April 2006

Tumtum....
I've heard enough horror stories of people not scraping thro' the ICFAI CFA...How the pass percentages are absymally low...and how there's a conspiracy(?) theory too that explains the low pass percentages.....

Hey Mad, could you elaborate a little on that one? Sounds interesting!

TumTum, if you`re convinced inside, you dont need to convince others. Due credit to your hard work etc., but the one thing i completely disagree with you is that ICFAI's CFA is wider in scope than that of AIMR. Having 32 exams doesn`t necessarily mean that it`s wider. You could split up ICFAI's 32 exams into 3200 baby exams, would that make it any tougher? Lets face it, ICFAI and AIMR are two different roads leading up to the same destination...one is shorter than the other, and is therefore more risky. The other might be longer and harder, but it takes you there for sure. Done?!
Crash_test_dummy Says
Hey Mad, could you elaborate a little on that one? Sounds interesting!

I'd rather I not be quoted on this ๐Ÿ˜‰ First up, i've never even looked at CFA or any other stuff....My experiences with that are mostly thro' my friends when i was @ icfai b-school in hyd..I've heard of pass percentages of 2-3% being dandied about Quite a few of my fin-o-holic friends had signed up initially for the course and had starry dreams that they would end up with a major in fin and a CFA and whatever other courses they had already done (quite a few fin guys at icfai were CAs or were in final stages of completing it)....Don't ask me how all of those varied courses fit in their thought process ๐Ÿ˜‰ But I've seen most drop out after the alpha (? iirc, thats the first stage)...And by the time we passed out, it was just a fraction of the original that actually got thro' to their CFA.....The conspiracy theory I was referring to was about how the folks at icfai wanted ppl to talk/conspire/discuss about CFA by making sure very few ppl make the cut.....The shock & awe factor, if you will.....But like I said, almost all of this is hearsay...So take it with a pinch or bucket, if you will ๐Ÿ˜‰

You could split up ICFAI's 32 exams into 3200 baby exams, would that make it any tougher?

Hehe...Reminded me of the typical line that goes when one starts to write about Berkshire Hathaway's huge stock price and how most ppl dont realize that a stock split wouldn't make it any less *worth* ๐Ÿ˜‰

Cheers

ps:All said and done, I am given to understand that in an Indian context, this CFA holds up pretty good value...Ofcourse, its just my opinion

kindly go through what others have to say about reputation if ICFAI.
i found it on wikipdeia-
and yes please go through the link- icfai students rue the day.there are hundreds of websites having similar view of ICFAI.
ICFAI
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
ICFAI is a group of universities in India who claim to have permission to run courses all over the Country. Their problem is that as per the laws of the Country they are only allowed to give degrees in the states they are incorporated in. Sad for all the students who are being duped.It is omnipresent across India.
Read more on icfai students rue the day

Oops. I started this thread to form a study group and help people studying ICFAI CFA to clear papers. This thread is in trouble

One thing which comes in my mind. If ICFAI is fraud, why did ACIIA , Switzerland tied with ICFAI and offered waivers to CFA ICFAI students?ACIIA, switzerland have tied with 22 regional bodies and offering CIIA across globe in 13 languages. ICFAI is one of them.

No one is hired because one is from IIM, or one have done CFA AIMR or have done CFA ICFAI. Interview happens with every candidate irrespective of his/her education accomplishments. Interview should be used as a strategic tool by a candidate to put across his/her point and move closer to coveted job offer.

Work hard. Slog hard. Stay positive. Getting a job or not is a tricky issue. Believe in god

Any body from delhi taking training classes for CFA ICFAI?

How are the training classes in general?

Well Routhmanz.......I have my own good experience with ICFAI and for your kind information, let me tell you that the threads you pointed out were from the years of yore buddy ! It pays to be updated....just visit ICFAI website, they now have approval from UNIVERSITIES GRANTS COMMISSION (UGC). Now they are an approved university....wake up !!!

As far as crash test dummy is concerned, I wil again say only one thing.....something I said earlier.....I am NOT against AIMR buddy......no ways....but just coz AIMR is damn good (which it is), it does not in any way mean ICFAI CFA is shit. It was, it is and will be a terrific degree and unfortunately u can't do anything about the quality of the course except accepting it. Regarding convincing others.....well if you read the post again, you will realize that I wasn't convincing....I just thought that I should separate the fact from rumours and substantiate it with my experience. My best wishes to crash test dummy for clearing AIMR CFA.....dont worry....that horrible dream you had is never gonna be true. All the Best.

Warm regards,

Tumtum.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
ICFAI (Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India), headquartered in India at Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, is an educational institution which provides both campus and correspondence based learning.
It's MS(Finance) program leading to CFA Charter from CCFA, is widely respected and reputed in India
However, due to a 1998 law suit filed by AIMR, the CFA Charter from CCFA is prohibited from USA and Canada.

So, guys, CFA from ICFAI is recognized throughout the world except US and Canada. Also, a cousin of mine in Melbourne says that CFA from India is well known and respected in Australia and SE Asia.

This should rest doubts about the recognition of CFA frm ICFAI.

The most easiest job in the world is to speak without Knowledge. This thread is classic example of this . Start an ICFAI thread and here comes our experts with half baked knowledge thrashing ICFAI

India needs private universities with global reach, advanced technology, updated courseware, awesome research. If India fails to set up these private universities, then all those 550 million youngsters who are under 25 will be doomed.

Most of the countries have some sort of financial analyst course which suits their domestic needs. in Japan, its called CMA, In Korea its called securities financial analyst etc. In India fortunatelyor unfortunately its called CFA. You do net get CFA directly, You get MS finance. Why you get MS finance-Because ICFAI is a deemed university. You get a CFA charter from CCFA (Council of chartered financial analyst) which is non profitable society registered under AP act, 1989.

Now one billion dollar question:

Why did ICFAI decided to keep its programme name CFA?

CFA AIMR and ICFAI were one and same thing. CFA AIMR wanted narrow focus on its course focussing on security analysis and portfolio management. ICFAI wanted a broader focus which means starting from basic concepts like jouranl entries, cash book, economics, stats to move on to equity courses. Hence partnership broke and ICFAI started its own CFA charter which is perfectly legal.

CA, MBA is not a trademark registered with one institute. Similarly CFA is only registered in US through AIMR. Study whole case on CFA institute website by entering India on search bar.

Guys who havent registered for CFA ICFAI because they fear they will not be able to complete the course are coming on this thread and thrashing ICFAI !!

Hello,
One great thing is that after completing Level 2, You get waivers for CIIA (Certified International Investment Analyst), Switzerland for national exam. You can directly appear for CIIA international examination and this is a great Global degree in investment banking field.

do CIIA have any website?
have alook at this: http://www.cpmrindia.org/CPM_Program.htm
it seems that CIIA, CPMR, ICFAI all act in consortium.

Also found this: http://www.saa.or.jp/english/education/ciia-exam.html

If this is their official website, it looks lacklustre.

Also, if CIIA has international recognition (sorry, iam unaware, but wld like to know more abt it), cant it be pursued directly just as CFA AIMR (this needs no introduction). WHats all this funda abt Indian partner ICFAI n all???

Hi Nakul,
ACIIA is Association of Certified International Investment Analysts.
www.aciia.org is the official website.

ICFAI University has established CPMR which is a member of ACIIA. The certification given by ACIIA is called CIIA.

ACIIA is established by ASAF and EFFAS (Associations for Financial and Investment Analysts in Asia and Europe respectively).
So, all students of member organisations of ASAF and EFFAS are given waivers in pursuing CIIA.
Since ICFAI represents India at the ASAF, so if we do CFA from ICFAI, we get waivers in CIIA. Also, we can start CIIA immediately after MS Finance (CFA).
U can do CIIA directly, but for that you need to have work ex and some other eligibility criteria, which u can see in the website.

Harsh

U can do CIIA directly, but for that you need to have work ex and some other eligibility criteria, which u can see in the website.
Harsh

Well, officially, CIIA is only open to people with work ex, but ICFAI doesn`t implement this rule. They offer CIIA to anyone, even people in final year.

hey thanks Guttsm
does clearing the level 1 of CFA AIMR call for the exemption in CIIA?
what other options (apart from ICFAI) merit an exemption in CIIA exams??

do CIIA have any website?

aciia.org

sometimes typing this directly gives problems...in that case, type aciia.org in google and click the first result.