chances of getting in to INSEAD

hi all, Iam planning to apply for INSEAD …for july 2006… UG-74% I have done my masters degree at NTU singapore-Average scores part time internship(6 months) Iam currently working ina IT MNC in singapore Work experinece-2.5 …

hi all,
Iam planning to apply for INSEAD ..for july 2006...

UG-74%
I have done my masters degree at NTU singapore-Average scores

part time internship(6 months)
Iam currently working ina IT MNC in singapore
Work experinece-2.5 years ..willbe 3.5 next year (full time)

GMat=720

What is the probability that my applicatin will be a success..

Suggest me other schools for my profile

Regards
Vijay

First cut, I can say that INSEAD asks for a lot of workexp. I think you should take a rain-check if you are so keen on INSEAD and talk to the students, faculty and visit their website to check the stats before you jump the gun.

What other to apply ? I think you should have thought about it long and hard before getting that 720 so I think you are in the best position :)

Arun

Thanks for ur suggestion arun...iam very keen on INSEAD...so will try to get in touch with ppl over there...
i have also been doing research on the various B-schools in the world...but i wanted to take some idea from you ppl..regarding thes chools that considers ppl with low work ex

regards
vj

First cut, I can say that INSEAD asks for a lot of workexp. I think you should take a rain-check if you are so keen on INSEAD and talk to the students, faculty and visit their website to check the stats before you jump the gun.

What other to apply ? I think you should have thought about it long and hard before getting that 720 so I think you are in the best position :)

Arun

Hi

This is Babji.I am from Hyd and planning to app to INSEAD.I wuld like your help in knowing certain details about INSEAD- concerning Finances.What is the cost of MBA program in INSEAD in Indian Rupees.?And What are the chances of getting any financial help from INSEAD.\?What B-Schools(top ones ofcourse) are considered to give Financial assistance to Indian graduates?

Kindly reply
Thanx

Bye

Hi Guys

I am also thinking about INSEAD

Have u guys seen what the web site mentions about the difference between the Sep and Jan intake.

It looked important to me. It says...

"
Both intakes are organised into five periods of eight weeks each. Each period ends with exams and is followed by a short break.
Both intakes are indentical academically, but the January intake strat includes an eight-week summer break, giving you the option of taking a short internship. Recruitment opportunities for the two entries are comparable, with one notable exception - major Investment Banks currently recruit primarily for their summer associate programme as an entry point for full-time positions. This is more conducive to the January entry although September participants can apply."

Something that makes me inclined towards the Jan intake.,..

Any inputs, comments ... please flow !!!!

Cheers
Dee

Hi,
I am preparing my application for Sept' 06. I would
like to get an
opinion on my possibilities as I am quite nervous
working on the essays:

- Management Consultant for Accenture and Deloitte: 4 years experience in Sept' 06 (a few months of those 4 years were in IT departments before going into consulting). My managerial responsibilities vary between engagements between 0-2 people.
- GMAT: 760
- IETLS: 9
- Spanish
- Worked in Spain and in the UK (half and half).
- Studied one year in Sweden.
- Major: Computer Science and Engineering (one and a
half degrees),
some studies afterwards in Economics and Accounting.
- 2 months of community service working as team lead.
- Travelled around the world with a folk music band.

What are my chances? Any ideas?

Although this might not be very encouraging... but I once has a chat with an INSEAD alumni...and he insisted that whatever number of experience you have it is important to have international experience on to your profile...otherwise your candidature becomes weak.....BTW 2-3 months of client exp is not given much weightage...so it has to be some number of years....

Ketan
Hi All,

I am interested in INSEAD as well. However, after a chat with a current student discovered that sept. intake is good for investment banking and finance guys. Jan. intake is good for consulting jobs. this is solely related to recruitment cycles in the two industries.
Can anyone provide some inputs about this ? I was not convinced about this but then it came from someone studying there.

Cant wait till Jan 2007 as I am interested in consutling.

Cheers
G

Man I must say u have an interesting profile and as far as i know Insead from thier alumniis, u stand a chance!!!

but do evaluate the ROI of INSEAD. I too am apping this year and INSEAD was my dream place, but after evaluating the ROI, i dropped it. I even visited france.

Cheers!
hello all,
wat abt INDEAD singapore ,
does have the same brand recognition?
Is it a tad simpler to get into?

wats ur take on INDEAD singapore ?

Hi all.

I really want to know what are my chances of getting to INSEAD.

I hold a B.E in chemical engineering ( non IIT) with 5 years of technical work ex. Having worked in Taiwan and US in different projects, cleared all 3 CFA level in first consecutive attempt while working as an  engineer. Worked on a startup for about 1.5 years, full time and managed to raise bank funding on the basis of financial model I prepared. Startup didn't work out. not being accepted for jobs anywhere post startup. MBA looks like the only defence. Expected GMAT 720.