CFA study log Self study

Hi PUYS :thumbsup: This thread is purely for notes for self study Just for future references which would allow me to keep a track of what when and how did my preparation for C FA move on . To introduce myself , Vishal Alluri from Hyderab…

Hi PUYS :thumbsup:

This thread is purely for notes for self study Just for future references which would allow me to keep a track of what when and how did my preparation for C FA move on .

To introduce myself , Vishal Alluri from Hyderabad ,C FA aspirant Planning to write Level1 by Dec "11.

Further any add on's from all members in sharing their experiences and preperations are most welcome.:

I believe that the more we write what we studying will allow us to get more clarity on the concept .

All the best to all CFA aspirants :cheerio:

Happy CFA Year 2011

The Asset Allocation decision SS12

LOS 49 B:C

Investment objectives Are stated in terms of Risk and Return

Return Objectives covers

1. Capital Preservation
  2. Capital Appreciation
  3. Current Income needs
  4. Total Returns

Objective of

1. Capital Preservation is earning return = Inflation Rate
  2. Capital Appreciation is Earning return >= Inflation rate
  3. Current Income = When Investor wants to Supplement sources on income to meet living expenses and planned spending
  4. Total returns = Having a portfolio grow in value to meet a future need through both capital gains and reinvestment of current income

The Asset Allocation decision SS12

LOS 49 D

Investment constraints

1. Liquidity
  2. Time Horizon
  3. Tax Concerns
  4. Legal and Regulatory factors
  5. Unique Need and Preferences

Hi, Just the CFA December 2010 original curriculum from my friend and started off with ethics and now i am at LOS 1 and 2.

Why Dec 2011?
Why not june 2011?

Why Dec 2011?
Why not june 2011?

Hey Akshay

I really cannot take out a lot of time as im unsure of myself if i will be able to contribute a proper 3 Hrs daily schedule for CFA but i ll try to give my best .

I wana make my concepts real good i wana learn first then give my CFA 😁

Leme Kno how Ethics Looks to u . Right now with Variance Covariance of Assets Allocation SS12

:cheerio:

Hello
I am also planning to take the CFA l1 in December 2011. i am a mechanical engg and know nothing about finance.
Got started with the ethics chapter and it was all greek, but things have started making some sense after switching to the economics volume.

Hello
I am also planning to take the CFA l1 in December 2011. i am a mechanical engg and know nothing about finance.
Got started with the ethics chapter and it was all greek, but things have started making some sense after switching to the economics volume.

Hi vanpersie

Welcome on board 😃 I am Sure you will be as clear in your concepts by Dec "11, There are many people who are from Non Finance Background so that should not be an issue ,just a bit of EXTRA effort i guess :)

Keep sharing whatever is being studied just put them in any form so that we keep looking at different concepts .

Happy CFA YEAR 2011