CFA Level 3 2013

Hi Guys, just wanted to get in touch with anyone who have cleared their Level 2 or Level 3. For those who have cleared level 3, how do you tackle the essay questions? Is there anyone here who has actually got into a job profile where CFA is a prer…

Hi Guys, just wanted to get in touch with anyone who have cleared their Level 2 or Level 3. For those who have cleared level 3, how do you tackle the essay questions? Is there anyone here who has actually got into a job profile where CFA is a prerequisite? I recently registered for CFA Level 3, have 4 years of experience in operations(Financial Services), looking to get into a better job profile. I have heard from many that CFA level 2 or 3 can help you land interviews, but its your prior work exp that matters more. In that scenario, I feel that an MBA after CFA is the only hope to switch onto a different job profile. Would love to hear an opinion on the above.

In case of completing CFA, you will have to channelize your CV to places. A good B-school will do that for you. I dont know of any jobs which have CFA a prerequisite, added a CFA is desirable in Equity Research for sure.

My 2 cents.
I am also a L3 candidate.

Where can I get CFA Level 3 2013 study material in Mumbai? I tried a couple of places but was told it'll only be available in December

It would be available in december. That is right. You could probably look at 2012 material. As you may know, there isn't much difference in material for any 2 years.

I am a LIII candidate and plan to appear in 2013. I just wanted to have a good sense on how much of effort/preparation will LIII require (as compared to LII). When one should start preparing for the exam if one can't put more than 2-3 hours per day on an average for preparation.

We are a group of finance professionals with over 3-5 years of experience. Though some of us have been blogging for the last few years, we are now planning to start a collaborative blog on topics related to stock ideas, macroeconomic trends, and investment opinions on various asset classes. A collaborative blog would help us have more frequent posts leading to higher reader interest and hence increased interactivity. We welcome all Puys who can develop an investment thesis and articulate their views and opinions. We will be glad to share some sample articles that we have written.

@saurabh.lahoti 200-250 hours for first reading. Every subsequent reading would require half the time against the previous.
- Back of the envelope calculation after sourcing feedback from L3 passouts.
Plan accordingly and ATB :)
@neeupp I would like to know, where you plan this to lead to? A few more questions... Please PM me.

@SKD1988 We have created a separate thread: MBA forums > The Lounge - Chit Chat > Anyone for collaborative blogging
We have posted quite a few details there which would answer some of your queries as well. Specific responses to your questions above too are posted there.

@navitesh Hi, just purchased level 3 books from om xerox in vile parle. These books are spiral binded, quality of the print is good.
hi, I have ordered an extra set of cfa l3, 2013 schweser notes by mistake...am frm bangalore nd willing to sell the whole set fr 1000 INR. If smone needs it pl let me knw...my cnt no. 8105067286
It would be great if
any one has link to level 3 2013 schweser free download notes or the cd for questions?I am currently out of india and cannot get from the xerox center.....

@bharat29 said:
Study Material contact detailswww.hotfrog.in/Companies/MAAS-...
This is the same as Laxmi printer (same number). I had a horrible experience with this person called Mansoor... he is a cheat and very bad to deal with. Please be aware of him. Rest is your risk. NEVER pay him advance money !!

Seniors I know this is a bit off topic......but can you suggest on which topic can be done from schweser for L2???

@parag_dey Hey if it is already not sold out, please let me know....

@Right_Click hi.. i havent sold the set yet..pl let me know if you want it..

I am surprised to see that level 3 thread has least activity.4 months to go ! I started studying 2 weeks back. Whats the scene guys?

@irfanahamed Thanks a lot

Hi All,
Can anyone tell me what is the username password to run the CFA Level 3 2013 question bank cd executive file.