CFA Level 1-December 2012

Hi puys, I am starting this thread for all those who are interested in giving CFA level 1 in December 2012.( I know its way too early…but there’s nothing wrong in dat) I’m currently in my 3rd year(BE in Electronics n Comm.)…n myself h…

Hi puys,
I am starting this thread for all those who are interested in giving CFA level 1 in December 2012.( I know its way too early....but there's nothing wrong in dat)

I'm currently in my 3rd year(BE in Electronics n Comm.)....n myself have little knowledge about CFA...

So share your thoughts n ideas.....:cheers:

Mid-January 2012 December exam registration opens.Upon exam registrationSample exams become available when candidate registers for the exam

14 March 2012 First deadline to register for the December exam

22 August 2012 Second fee schedule deadline to register for the December exam

1 September 2012 Exam scholarship application deadline

September 2012 Mock exams becomes available

12 September 2012 Final deadline to register for the December exam

September 2012 Final deadline for testing accommodation requests to be received by CFA Institute

12 October 2012 Test center change requestt deadline (login required)

November 2012 Exam admission tickets available online

1 December 2012 Exam day

December 2012-January 2013 Exams graded

January 2013 Exam results available

P.S. : Source: http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprogram/exams/calendar/Pages/index.aspx
Hi puys,
I am starting this thread for all those who are interested in giving CFA level 1 in December 2012.( I know its way too early....but there's nothing wrong in dat)

I'm currently in my 3rd year(BE in Electronics n Comm.)....n myself have little knowledge about CFA...

So share your thoughts n ideas.....:cheers:

Thanks a lot for starting this thread....
Hii,

I am currently in 4th year doing my Btech. I am also doing my final semester internship in an IT company. Till June I will be involved with this company.

I read in wikipedia requirements..

"or having four years of qualified, professional work experience in an investment decision-making process."

My question is whether or not I can pursue CFA.

Eligibility for CFA Level-I
Before you enroll in the CFA Program and register for your first exam:

Meet the entrance requirements:
Have a bachelor's (or equivalent) degree
- or be in the final year of your bachelor's degree program at the time of registration

If you initially enroll/register as a final year undergraduate student with a degree in progress, you may not register for the Level II exam until you have earned your degree, or obtained professional work experience that meets the programs entrance requirements. At the time your degree is awarded, you may update your account education information to certify that your degree has been received.

Source: Enroll & Register
Eligibility for CFA Level-I
Before you enroll in the CFA Program and register for your first exam:

Meet the entrance requirements:
Have a bachelor's (or equivalent) degree
- or be in the final year of your bachelor's degree program at the time of registration

If you initially enroll/register as a final year undergraduate student with a degree in progress, you may not register for the Level II exam until you have earned your degree, or obtained professional work experience that meets the programs entrance requirements. At the time your degree is awarded, you may update your account education information to certify that your degree has been received.

Source: Enroll & Register

any of u brought study material?
is sharing of books okay?...or is it not allowed?

I wanted to read couple of books before actually applying. Because that would have enabled me to take a decision whether I want to continue pursuing or not.

Is the curriculum in pdf format??

Chk dis
http://www.cfainstitute.org/CFA%20Program%20Study%20Session/2012_LI_combined.pdf

Can anyone please tell me how good is CFA for an enhancement in career in Corporate Finance?

I have already completed my MBA - Finance and am currently working in a Corporate Finance / profile.

Your responses / opinions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Can anyone please tell me how good is CFA for an enhancement in career in Corporate Finance?

I have already completed my MBA - Finance and am currently working in a Corporate Finance / profile.

Your responses / opinions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Just go through thread "need some opinions on cfa"
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/need-some-opinions-on-cfa-25012326

I guess first few posts might answer ur all doubts....:clap:

Hi Puys,

I wanted to know that do we get the code of ethics handbook in the books we get after registering from the CFA institute and paying the fees or do we have to download the free ebook version only??

Hi Puys,

I wanted to know that do we get the code of ethics handbook in the books we get after registering from the CFA institute and paying the fees or do we have to download the free ebook version only??

Hope this link will answer ur query...

Fee Schedule

There is no exam center in India for Dec-2012 Level I Exam... Anybody know why is that???

I have heard that they add India some days before the exam. Due to some legal constraints.

So u can change ur exam center when they add India.

yup u r rite....
I have heard that they add India some days before the exam. Due to some legal constraints.

So u can change ur exam center when they add India.

Are you sure that there will be exam centers in India which will be later added??? I dont want to go to some other country for my exam...

An option of India as destination for examination will be added later for the December 2012 exam. This has been the trend for the past few years due to a legal tussle going on between CFAI (USA) and ICFAI.

vpfinance Says
An option of India as destination for examination will be added later for the December 2012 exam. This has been the trend for the past few years due to a legal tussle going on between CFAI (USA) and ICFAI.

at d end even if u dnt hav any indian center ,for exam like CFA its worth going nepal/lanka/bangladesh.....
imabhi88 Says
at d end even if u dnt hav any indian center ,for exam like CFA its worth going nepal/lanka/bangladesh.....

Yes.. it is..

friends what is the study strategy that you'll are planning to adopt for the december exam?
i think it would be good if we could share our opinion on what would be a good strategy to follow depending upon past qualification and experience..
I plan to start with Quant first

friends what is the study strategy that you'll are planning to adopt for the december exam?
i think it would be good if we could share our opinion on what would be a good strategy to follow depending upon past qualification and experience..
I plan to start with Quant first

I found this sequence in the June 2012 thread:
FRA
Eco
Quant
Equity
FI
Derivatives
Corporate Finance
AI
Ethics
Hope this helps...
I plan to start that way itself...
I have no idea about finance coming from an engineering background...:

Anybody know where can I get Schweser Notes in Delhi???
Is there any difference in June and December notes???
I have the soft copies but I prefer printed material...
:o:o:o:o:o