Certifications in core finance

Hey all, I want to do a certification in core finance to build my resume. I want a certification which carries weight. CFA will take too much time. Is there something which can help me in getting a job sooner than later? Banks which came for cam…

Hey all,
I want to do a certification in core finance to build my resume. I want a certification which carries weight. CFA will take too much time. Is there something which can help me in getting a job sooner than later? Banks which came for campus gave relationshp manager or sales profiles. I applied to many companies off campus but they mostly want experienced people. I have taken a couple of NSE certifications but they are not worth a dime in the market.
Please help me.

Nitish

Agree with you on the NSE thing... I gave them thinking it would add value but in my internship interviews they were just treated as pieces of paper... I want to do CFA but it is too expensive and time intensive..

darshankheda Says
Agree with you on the NSE thing... I gave them thinking it would add value but in my internship interviews they were just treated as pieces of paper... I want to do CFA but it is too expensive and time intensive..

You are right dude!Cfa is expensive and time-intensive.But you gotta understand this.Cfa is not meant for everyone.The min.time u need to crack all the 3 levels is 1.5 years.Still people take around 4years to clear it.Its a globally acclaimed charter.Investment banking treasury mgmt.and many other companies will be welcoming you after u r a cfa holder.Go for it if u r willing to.Look at the number of mba(finance) professionals and the number of cfas' u ll understand the difference!

Nitish, if you are looking for a core finance certification in a particular field like say derivatives or to be more specific like Risk management etc. then CFA may not be the right course for you. This holds true if you are looking for a specific career. Also, there are organizations providing such certifications. You have to decide which one do you want to go for. NCFM does give a lot of certification options but as Darshan said they are at times treated like a piece of paper as there is hardly any rigor in the tests conducted by NCFM. Also, CFA could be a little expensive and its really comprehensive (Though what Sagnik said is also true to some extent). Similar is the case with FRM. If you have the time and the money, you can go for those. Otherwise, start looking for more options. Hope it helps.

Thanks Sagnik and Varun! The point is that I need a job sooner than later and I feel CFA and FRM are a bit too broad in their focus and I can't devote that kind of time right now. I may do it later. Getting into an I-Bank would be next to impossible without experience or top 10 B-School backing. I heard of a company called FLIP which offers certifications but I don't know how good they are. Can anyone get some info about them?

Hi nitish, one of my friend in YES bank told me that the MTs that joined the bank had undergone some kind of FLIP certifications. She did the corporate banking certification. I think they offer certifications in many more venues. I dont have much knowledge about it but just remember the name FLIP.

As far as I have heard, NSE Courses are required mainly for regulatory requirements in banks and other companies.

CFA or CA. Which is more preferred in the market in INDIA? After my MBA if i wish to chose between the two?

What is the cost and time associated with both?

Deepak- CFA and CA are two totally different streams. See their course content and then decide what you want to do. Both are well respected charters and require total dedication. If you go purely by numbers, it is easier for a CA to get a good job in India. But I would again warn you to go for the course based on your interest and not "markets" or "money".
As vivek said, NSE is more of a formality for companies. Also I would suggest FLIP's courses are very good. I have done their Treasury and capital markets certification. Currently doing currency and interest derivatives. I am sure you will also find some of the courses of your interest there.

CFA or CA. Which is more preferred in the market in INDIA? After my MBA if i wish to chose between the two?

What is the cost and time associated with both?

whthr u consider india or globally, CFA scores ovr CA nyday.
u cn refer d abv thread in d same page 4 time factor associatd wid CFA.
It costs around 1000-1600 $ (dollar)

1. Thanks for launching this thread first.

2. NSE Certifications of NCFM have no market value, except they are required at a stock-broker house.

3. NISM Certifications of NISM MFD Module is a must of selling Mutual Funds, but there are lot of people holding it, & everyone now-a-days buys online Mutual Funds.

4. All other certifications are used much to extent for generating revenue by the Certification launching Companies.

5. CFA is the best, in this way that you can add in your Resume, even by merely stating the CFA Level 1 or 2 or 3 passed candidate. And it has global value. That is why it is best & most comprehensive for Stock-Market field jobs.

6. If someone wants a list of more financial certifications, then better Google your desired specific interest, you will definitely find atleast one.

I want to do CFA but will have to wait till Dec 2012 for the exam and Jan 2013 for the result. :banghead: Can't exactly stay without a job till then. FLIP certifications look interesting. Saw some recommendations in another thread and decided to look them up. Pretty comprehensive list of certifications. Thinking of which one to do is the main issue now

This article expresses my view on IIP july data in September published first in Global Analyst October edition

For certification in Banking and Finance, you can do courses from FLIP, which will be value addition to your CV. You can use my refferal code REFNC1781637 to get discount (1500-2000 plus additional discount of Rs 250). Visit www.learnwithflip.com and on checkout page add my referral code REFNC1781637

If someone is interested in buying the FLIP certification course and is searching for a referral code. Use this FLIPREF132830 I didn't get to use it, you should.

For financial modelling materials at deep discounted price, pls mail to [email protected] 

contact for more dtls 8077915249

Financial modelling materials of reputed institutes at Rs. 1000 only. Pls mail to [email protected]  

Anyone wants complete financial modelling course and material include excel lectures with material at just RS.699 message at 8506036566

[email protected]