certificate of appreciation

Last year, some of my friends spent a lot of time working for an NGO’s cause…but when they asked for some proof, the NGO flatly refused. This year, I am thinking of working with a particular NGO in Delhi…but i want that work to be reflected…

Last year, some of my friends spent a lot of time working for an NGO's cause...but when they asked for some proof, the NGO flatly refused.
This year, I am thinking of working with a particular NGO in Delhi...but i want that work to be reflected in my CV/profile...I know I am being selfish, but i will join them only if they agree to recognise my contribution...so what sort of certificate should i ask them to prepare?
please advise...
thanks.

Don't you think working in an NGO just because of the certificate negates the whole point? May I ask why you want to refuse to work without the certi?

well, if i am giving them so much of my time and effort, is it wrong to ask for a simple letter of appreciation in return?
i have done a lot of community work in my school days, and even in college...but i didnt ask for, or get anything in return...at that time just the thought of helping someone mattered...but now, things are different...i will be attempting the CAT this year, and i dont think the interview panel will believe me unless i have some proof...
the thought is still there, but now all i am asking in return is proof of my work...

come on people, say something...or are all of u hypocrites?

well, if i am giving them so much of my time and effort, is it wrong to ask for a simple letter of appreciation in return?
i have done a lot of community work in my school days, and even in college...but i didnt ask for, or get anything in return...at that time just the thought of helping someone mattered...but now, things are different...i will be attempting the CAT this year, and i dont think the interview panel will believe me unless i have some proof...
the thought is still there, but now all i am asking in return is proof of my work...

see letter of appreciation is something different thing and certificate is different thing.

In certificate, on official paper /official letter pad they will write that Mr. xyz work here as volunteer from this date to that day . he was very sincere and completed this work. signature of manager/head/boss/guide
thats it.

can u plz tell me name of the organization
i also wanted to join
i was thinking abt CRY
see letter of appreciation is something different thing and certificate is different thing.

In certificate, on official paper /official letter pad they will write that Mr. xyz work here as volunteer from this date to that day . he was very sincere and completed this work. signature of manager/head/boss/guide
thats it.

can u plz tell me name of the organization
i also wanted to join
i was thinking abt CRY

well it doesn't really matter to me whether it is a letter or a certificate as long as I get something to show as proof of my work... as far as the organization is concerned, try looking for one which is active in your region... i'm not too keen on CRY, as they limit the volunteer work to selling cards, asking for donations and manning CRY stalls...there's not much scope for real work, the kind which can enhance your personality, or give you a chance to make a difference...
ANY THING CAN HAPPEN IN INDIA , BECAUSE OF COMMITMENT MADE BY US IN A WRONG WAY . WHEN ANY JUSTICE TAKES OATH TO BE THE PART OF JUDICIARY , HE SAYS , I WILL NEVER FEAR OF ANY EVIL THING OR THREAT AND I WILL DO MY DUTY HONESTLY......BUT WHAT HAPPENED TO JUSTICE A.R LAXMANAN , WHAEN HE RECEIVED A THREAT FAX FROM UNKNOWN NO IN THE MORNING OF A PARTICULAR DAY WHEN HE HAS TO HEAR DISPROPORTIONATE ASSET CASE MULAYAM SINGH YADAV.......................................................................................................................................ANOTHER
WHEN ARMY PEOPLE CAN ASK FOR THEIR SALARY INCREMENT , THEN WHAT IS NOT POSSIBLE IT MEANS THEY BECIME PATRIOT FOR MONEY NOT FOR COUNTRY.

NOW U PEOPLE ARE ASKING FOR RECOGNITION.
IT MEANS U PEOPLE DONT KNOW ABOUT - MOTHER TERESA , MAHATMA GANDHI....SARDAR BHAGAT SING..SO MNAY-------------------------------------------------------------------------------VERY SHAMEFUL FOR INDIA-------------

LETS IMPROVE THESE KIND OF WRONG HABITS..........GOOD BYE
ANY THING CAN HAPPEN IN INDIA , BECAUSE OF COMMITMENT MADE BY US IN A WRONG WAY . WHEN ANY JUSTICE TAKES OATH TO BE THE PART OF JUDICIARY , HE SAYS , I WILL NEVER FEAR OF ANY EVIL THING OR THREAT AND I WILL DO MY DUTY HONESTLY......BUT WHAT HAPPENED TO JUSTICE A.R LAXMANAN , WHAEN HE RECEIVED A THREAT FAX FROM UNKNOWN NO IN THE MORNING OF A PARTICULAR DAY WHEN HE HAS TO HEAR DISPROPORTIONATE ASSET CASE MULAYAM SINGH YADAV............................................. .................................................. ........................................ANOTHER
WHEN ARMY PEOPLE CAN ASK FOR THEIR SALARY INCREMENT , THEN WHAT IS NOT POSSIBLE IT MEANS THEY BECIME PATRIOT FOR MONEY NOT FOR COUNTRY.

NOW U PEOPLE ARE ASKING FOR RECOGNITION.
IT MEANS U PEOPLE DONT KNOW ABOUT - MOTHER TERESA , MAHATMA GANDHI....SARDAR BHAGAT SING..SO MNAY--------HOW MANY CERTIFICATES THEY GOT CAN U TELL ME-----------------------------------------------------------------------VERY SHAMEFUL FOR INDIA-------------
LETS IMPROVE THESE KIND OF WRONG HABITS..........GOOD BYE

i agree that this asking for a certificate defeats the whole purpose of doing community work...but mother theresa, sardar bhagat singh and mahatma gandhi did not want to do MBA and make a career in finance...
:p :D
so if he wants a certificate, let him have it...u do what u feel is right, and let him do what he wants to...now give the guy a break...

Well I feel, its the satisfaction:-P and the experience is what really matters... If you can explain the AdCom how satisfied you are after CS and what are the various things you have learnt thru it... Apart from leadership and management skills, social work bring about a self realisation... And you can talk passionately about these things only if you have experienced it and if it has touched your heart.. it is more than enough... no body is going to ask you for certificates... For certificates can be generated without even working for a social cause... If you just want certificates why the hell are you planning to work??:crazyeye:

I suggest that if you are not really passionate about CS(Community Service), please dont go for it... You can get the certificates... if you need any help ping me...

well i do agree with you.after you its not that we want some money or have some ulterior ill motive for helping .if i can offer my honest and sincere service shouldn't i be getting at least a certificate,ie,at least a humble recognition for my service for it?do let me know if u hav got a work in some NGO which has agreed to provide a certificate: