CEIBS- MBA 2013 intake

Hi all, I am starting this thread to bring all the discussions related to CEIBS 2013 intake to one platform. The admission cycle for CEIBS 2013 intake has already kicked off with R1 deadline(Nov 15) closing in real fast.I am planning to ap…

Hi all,

I am starting this thread to bring all the discussions related to CEIBS 2013 intake to one platform.
The admission cycle for CEIBS 2013 intake has already kicked off with R1 deadline(Nov 15) closing in real fast.I am planning to apply in R1.
Lets keep the ball rolling.

Not much buzz for CEIBS this time around.....

Dear Applicants,

This is Vijay Govind from CEIBS MBA 2012 intake. Thanks to delatpg for starting this thread.

Please head to http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/ceibs-mba-admission-information-official-thread-for-2013-intake-25089661/3613850 for information on student meet session around India and information on CEIBS admission.

Regards,
Vijay Govind
@vijaygovind : Great to see current students holding info sessions in India this time.Nothing is better than getting first-hand info from the current Indian students themselves.
By the way, I have already submitted my app on 14th Nov. When can i latest hear from CEIBS on i/v decision??

@delatpg Based on my personal experience, you should have the information if you are selected for interview in less than a week as R1 closes (results needs to be published) by Dec 20th.

I personally had applied on 15th and got a response in 3 days after R1 application closed. I had interview on Nov 28th in CEIBS Shanghai campus and I received my admit emai on 15th of December (After a very tense two weeks or so ).

Please note: you will get to know if you have received a CEIBS scholarship or in your admission notice.

All the very best to you!

thanks @vijaygovind ,must say 3 days was quite fast in your case.

I remember you guys having a ball on PG during the last admit cycle.Hope CEIBS turned out the way you guys expected it.Looking forward to meet you when you come to India for conducting info sessions.

Average GMAT score to get an interview call

Hi.. I submitted my spplication months back and got my interview invite yesterday for 27th. Anyone else who has got an invite already?

@Vijaygovind - any suggestions for the interview ? what to prepare?

@saurabh231 : Congrats on the i/v call.Did they call you up over phone or just sent an invitation by mail?
@saurabh231 All the very best for your interview. Please ensure your skype and phone lines are up, if that is the mode of interview. If you are going for a face to face interview, be at the venue at least 20 minutes before the interview.

Prepare well based on your applications and essays. Ensure that you have examples for leadership and prepared for questions like what's your typical day like. If you have international experience, be prepared for questions regarding your experience and challenges in these places. Being quick with your responses and be honest without being defensive. More you practice, better your chances.
@reviliant 692 is the average... GMAT is only one factor. There are people in our batch with scores of even 600 as well.

Is it mandatory to learn Mandarin as one of my frnds got questioned on mandarin skills

During the interview they ask you about mandarin skills to know how serious you are about studying in China. Most of the Indians didn't speak Mandarin when they got admission to CEIBS, so this is not exactly a major criteria for admission. It's mandatory to learn Mandarin, after you get admission in CEIBS (School arranges for a pre-course - this optional paid course - and then a subsequent free Mandarin course).

@delatpg : thanks .. got an email invite .. no phonecall.

@vijaygovind : interview would be via video conferencing. Thanks a lot for the advice.. i ll prepare accordingly.

@saurabh231 :Your i/v call has buoyed up my anxiety levels........What time is your i/v scheduled?
@delatpg : at 14:30 - Beijing time. Did you hear back from CEIBS?
@saurabh231 : not yet...but expecting it soon
@vijaygovind Hi Vijay, i submitted my application on 15th, but havent got any mail from them as yet, i live in china and can speak mandarin as well so i am expecting atleast a call :)
@koolguitarist I would strongly recommend all the applicants who applied to follow up with the admissions office to ensure that the application material is received on time. Speaking mandarin is advantageous, but is not the only criteria for the admission call (this will give you some edge amongst international applicants should everything else be the same).