CEIBS - MBA 2012 Admits

Hi All, I’m creating this thread for all CEIBS-Full Time MBA-2012 Admits. I’ve received an admit on Dec-15-2011. And, I intend to take the offer. My Brief Profile: Demography: 26M/IT Products Work Experience : 4.9 months till date…

Hi All,

I'm creating this thread for all CEIBS-Full Time MBA-2012 Admits. I've received an admit on Dec-15-2011. And, I intend to take the offer.

My Brief Profile:

Demography: 26M/IT Products
Work Experience : 4.9 months till date
GMAT : 730/5.0

Got my admit too. Weighing the tradeoff.

Got the admit... 99% gonna take it

have not received the ceibs admissions package yet but my mind is almost made up on joining the school - anyone planning to go to china early to take up some mandarin lessons?

bkkkrzy Says
have not received the ceibs admissions package yet but my mind is almost made up on joining the school - anyone planning to go to china early to take up some mandarin lessons?

I'm planning to attend the pre-Mandarin course.

the pre mandarin course starts in june - I was looking at some mandarin courses offered by other chinese language schools that start from feb and go until june.

bkkkrzy Says
the pre mandarin course starts in june - I was looking at some mandarin courses offered by other chinese language schools that start from feb and go until june.

That's awesome! Good luck mate.

Awesome guys.. congrats... I got one too.. still weighing my options.. did anyone hear anything on Scholarships?

v1ks Says
Awesome guys.. congrats... I got one too.. still weighing my options.. did anyone hear anything on Scholarships?

I mailed the adcom requesting scholarship info. They haven't mailed me back yet. Also, some 6 new scholarships are being introduced this year, as per the website info. Two of them targeted at female admits.

Yea, I mailed them too and havent heard anything on it yet... so was just curious...

Do let us know if you hear back from them sometime soon... esp before the Jan 20 deadline.

Hi Puys,

Those of all who got Admits....Do u know when the session starts....
I am a R1 Waitlisted candidate....I am having hopes of a convert (which I will know by March Mid)....Just was curious when exactly should we report there.

Regards,
Partha

The session starts sometime in June with the mandarin courses

Hi Puys,

Those of all who got Admits....Do u know when the session starts....
I am a R1 Waitlisted candidate....I am having hopes of a convert (which I will know by March Mid)....Just was curious when exactly should we report there.

Regards,
Partha

Hi Partha,

As per the admit package we received,

1. The pre-Mandarin course (Optional but very much recommended for International Applicants) starts on June 16th. They recommend arriving 7-10 days early in order to get through Medical Check-Up, clearning up Visa/Immigration issues and for dormitory registration.

2. The actual MBA course starts on July 16th.

If you have any queries, feel free to post it to me.

Guys,

(if it helps) Just got a mail from adcom. I believe the scholarships will be decided and communicated around last week of March, after they considering R1 and R2 students.

Guys,

(if it helps) Just got a mail from adcom. I believe the scholarships will be decided and communicated around last week of March, after they considering R1 and R2 students.

Or when they feel sure that a candidate is going to join ;)

P.S:I transfered the deposit amount today.

true :)....

btw how do you intend to sponsor your fees?

i tried a few banks and all of them give only 20L loan... so wondering how i can cough up the reminder 15 L ...:-(

so any suggestions will be appreciated!!

true :)....

btw how do you intend to sponsor your fees?

i tried a few banks and all of them give only 20L loan... so wondering how i can cough up the reminder 15 L ...:-(

so any suggestions will be appreciated!!

That's right. Cap on international student loans is 20L. To arrange the rest, I think mortgages of existing property etc may work.

Puys... and Pals, The CEIBS scholarship will come with admits. Other specific scholarships will come later... By Feb 15th... Cheers... An if you are serious about CEIBS, please do the mandarin course in india itself. It will be of huge help.

My bad... Feb 15th is the second deadline... but your CEIBS Scholarship comes with the admit.

vijaygovind Says
Puys... and Pals, The CEIBS scholarship will come with admits. Other specific scholarships will come later... By Feb 15th... Cheers... An if you are serious about CEIBS, please do the mandarin course in india itself. It will be of huge help.