CEIBS 2011 - Current Student Taking Questions

Hi Guys, I am the current student of CEIBS MBA 2010-2012. I would be happy to answer any questions that you may have about CEIBS/SHANGHAI/CHINA. I have lived in Shanghai for last 2.5 years before joining CEIBS MBA Programme. Thanks R…

Hi Guys,

I am the current student of CEIBS MBA 2010-2012. I would be happy to answer any questions that you may have about CEIBS/SHANGHAI/CHINA.
I have lived in Shanghai for last 2.5 years before joining CEIBS MBA Programme.

Thanks
Rahul
[email protected]
:D:cheers:

Hi Rahul

Thanks for sarting the thread. I got a feedback that CEIBS is finance focussed. How is it for general management? How about oppurtunities post MBA outside China?

Hi Rahul,

First of all, thanks for providing/opening a thread for aspirants to discuss about CEIBS.
Based on my research about CEIBS, below were advantages/disadvantages.

+ considered aka IIM of china, so excellent placement/career services.
+ Excellent Faculty
+ Business in china concentration, I would alias it with Emerging Market Strategy

- Language barrier for International students.
- Not best suited to operations/marketing management, esp when folks like me belong to highly competitive pool of Indian IT male :|

So my query would be, If I aspire a career in IT operations/project management esp technology management, how far a CEIBS MBA, will reinforce a solid base on top of my experience to my career.

P.S. I aspire a MBA from CEIBS, is I have enough stats to bid that China is land of opportunities. This comes from my experiences of working in APAC market (IT) with whizkids from China, HK, Singapore and Tokyo. We share the above common paradigm.

Thank You.

Hi Rahul,

First of all, thanks for providing/opening a thread for aspirants to discuss about CEIBS.
Based on my research about CEIBS, below were advantages/disadvantages.

+ considered aka IIM of china, so excellent placement/career services.
+ Excellent Faculty
+ Business in china concentration, I would alias it with Emerging Market Strategy

- Language barrier for International students.
- Not best suited to operations/marketing management, esp when folks like me belong to highly competitive pool of Indian IT male :|

So my query would be, If I aspire a career in IT operations/project management esp technology management, how far a CEIBS MBA, will reinforce a solid base on top of my experience to my career.

P.S. I aspire a MBA from CEIBS, is I have enough stats to bid that China is land of opportunities. This comes from my experiences of working in APAC market (IT) with whizkids from China, HK, Singapore and Tokyo. We share the above common paradigm.

Thank You.

Hi Boomerang,

CEIBS is my dream school and i am working on the essays as of now. Had a couple of queries regarding the application procedure :

1. Can i pay through credit card or do i have to pay by Bank transfer only ?
2. How do i attach the documents regarding the transcripts, certificated for EC etc. In the site, they have provided an application inspector which asks us if we have submitted these certificates .. but then i searched the entire portal and i could just find a link where i have to attach my digital signature! Do i then need to mail (as in postage) them my documents ?

Thanks a lot for sparing time in answering these questions 😃
Hi Boomerang,

CEIBS is my dream school and i am working on the essays as of now. Had a couple of queries regarding the application procedure :

1. Can i pay through credit card or do i have to pay by Bank transfer only ?
2. How do i attach the documents regarding the transcripts, certificated for EC etc. In the site, they have provided an application inspector which asks us if we have submitted these certificates .. but then i searched the entire portal and i could just find a link where i have to attach my digital signature! Do i then need to mail (as in postage) them my documents ?

Thanks a lot for sparing time in answering these questions :)

alrite .. in my haste i did not see that ure a fellow applicant too 😁
pardon me for that !!! wonder where my brain is these days. .:shocked:

Hi,

Did anyone get an interview call for CEIBS MBA 2011? I received an email last week scheduling my interview.

Hi,

Did anyone get an interview call for CEIBS MBA 2011? I received an email last week scheduling my interview.

How was your interview ??
smokinskull86 Says
How was your interview ??

It went fine. . Will be getting the results by 16th December. Lets see what happens!

Rahul : Now that you know the place and the school, given the fact I have enrolled myself in a Mandarin course(basic level) what are the opportunities for an Indian student after the course? I know its quite a broad spectrum, but any inputs would be appreciated!Thanks in advance

Pratik