Ceibs 2009

Hi All, Starting this Thread as I couldn’t see any thread for 2009 CEIBS admissions. And the first deadline is already over. Seems junta is not much enthusiastic about CEIBS. Any way I would like to invite the interested candidates to shar…

Hi All,
Starting this Thread as I couldn't see any thread for 2009 CEIBS admissions. And the first deadline is already over. Seems junta is not much enthusiastic about CEIBS.

Any way I would like to invite the interested candidates to share their profile and thoughts on the school.Please feel free to share any reasearch(Positive or negative) that you have done. Lets have a discussion on the school and increase awareness.

By the way I am Satish Sahoo. I have got an interview call from the school.Would appreciate if any one can share the questions they usually ask...

Lets get this alive and kicking..

Profile-
GMAT-690(5.5)
Wex-3.3 years.(IT)
Acads-decent(B.Tech from NIT, Rourkela)
excurrics- so so ..

Hi All,
Starting this Thread as I couldn't see any thread for 2009 CEIBS admissions. And the first deadline is already over. Seems junta is not much enthusiastic about CEIBS.

Any way I would like to invite the interested candidates to share their profile and thoughts on the school.Please feel free to share any reasearch(Positive or negative) that you have done. Lets have a discussion on the school and increase awareness.

By the way I am Satish Sahoo. I have got an interview call from the school.Would appreciate if any one can share the questions they usually ask...

Lets get this alive and kicking..

Profile-
GMAT-690(5.5)
Wex-3.3 years.(IT)
Acads-decent(B.Tech from NIT, Rourkela)
excurrics- so so ..

Hi satosh I applied at CEIBS ...got an interview invitation...18th December...what about u?
sid149086 Says
Hi satosh I applied at CEIBS ...got an interview invitation...18th December...what about u?

Hi Sid,
I am done with my interview.Awaiting the verdict.Best of luck to you.
Do let me know how it went..

Hello Guys,

Got admission invitation email today from CEIBS. I went through interview on Dec 2nd. In interview, focus was mainly on work experience and employer organization.

My profile:
690/5.5
4.5 yrs IT (3 yrs PM exp.)
Good acads

Hi Guys,

Please share which other schools have you applied to. Also let me know your opinion on CEIBS.

Hello Guys,

Got admission invitation email today from CEIBS. I went through interview on Dec 2nd. In interview, focus was mainly on work experience and employer organization.

My profile:
690/5.5
Good acads

Bornhumble>>
Kindly share your interview experience ...I have one scheduled on 18th.
Yesterday I had a chat with one international studying at Ceibs.she was here for the xchange program...she said we need to learn Mandrain....overall experience at CEIBS is great..
but primarily every facility is provided to Chinese citizens first.
Career Development office is evolving..fast.

Overall, I think if we can learn a bit of Mandrain...the working understanding of the language...then China stores a great prospect for the future....

Waiting for my interview on 18th..

PM me your contact if you r planning seriously for CEIBS.
I m keen on it.
or call me at 9999016614.

Siddharth,

Interview didn't start on time. After waiting for 30 mins I had to call up admissions office after which they called me back. Lydia Price who is associate dean and academic director took my interview. Although she introduced 2 more people from the panel, they didn't ask any question, they were probably there to make observations which is the usual practice.
Since I had prior work experience in China hence my interview started off with first question on my experience and learning in China. I was asked about challenges that I faced in Chinese work environment and how I tackled them. I was then asked about my contributions over there. There were questions related to my employer's relationship (advantages / disadvantages) with its customers and in what ways my company holds edge over others. The interviewer seemed quite prepared with all that was written in essays. Other questions were usual stuff like - changes or impact I have made and what more changes can I bring to my organization, where do I see myself after doing MBA, whether I am interested for job prospects in China. Focus was majorly on work-ex and understanding of concerned business.
Interview was quite formal and no personal questions were asked and neither there was any stress testing. Interview took place for around 45 minutes. Whatever questions I asked were answered by the interviewer in length covering all aspects.

From this year CEIBS has made precourse on Chinese language compulsary for international students. I had a discussion over this too.

Goodluck for your interview!

Congrats bornhumble(what's ur name?),
congrats. great to hear that you got an admit.I was interviewed on 3 rd and still awaiting the verdict.for me there are two major concerns.
One one of my reco letters hasn't reached them yet(though it was dispatched on 17th november) and the other one is that I don't have any relevant chinese exp or don't have any knowledge of the language.The adcom pointed that out in the interview itself saying almost all the overseas applicants had some chinese connection.
So I have my fingers crossed.

For sid my interview was in the similar lines but for the questions on China.
So you can take a clue out of that.

Born what about schol?Did you get any?
keep spamming guys.good to see this thread getting alive....

Hello Guys,

My profile:
690/5.5
Good acads
Congrats bornhumble(what's ur name?),
congrats. great to hear that you got an admit.I was interviewed on 3 rd and still awaiting the verdict.for me there are two major concerns.
One one of my reco letters hasn't reached them yet(though it was dispatched on 17th november) and the other one is that I don't have any relevant chinese exp or don't have any knowledge of the language.The adcom pointed that out in the interview itself saying almost all the overseas applicants had some chinese connection.
So I have my fingers crossed.

For sid my interview was in the similar lines but for the questions on China.
So you can take a clue out of that.

Born what about schol?Did you get any?
keep spamming guys.good to see this thread getting alive....

Satish,

CEIBS is comparatively newer and unheard outside China therefore adcom could be exploring reasons for growing interest of international applicants to tweak its marketing strategy for future 😃 Since you have been already interviewed hence lost recommendation letter should not be a big concern. Neither language knowhow is an issue as adcom itself clarified that selected students from outside China have to attend language classes which will probably start in July. But certainly their China focus has increased which is evident from changes done to curriculum so China experience is an obvious plus factor.

Adcom is really quick in responding hence can expect decision in next 2-3 days. Anyway they have deadline of 25th for first cycle.

I have applied to couple of other Asian schools like HKUST, NUS, NTU, and CUHK.
From my understanding CEIBS is comparable to ISB and HKUST and its reputation is growing. Placements are good but mostly in mainland China and Hong Kong. Asian schools usually do not figure out in top B-school rankings although FT ranking is an exception to that. And who cares for rankings.
It is a good school for marketing and finance concentration and as well as for general management. Certainly value for money.

All the best!

-Piyush

Thanks Piyush for that insight. I just sent an email to the adcom and they have confirmed the receipt of the reco letter by updating the online application material status. So that problem is resolved as of now.
Now I can only wait and pray..

now coming to the schools I have also applied to the same schools but for
CUHK . About rankings I would say that the reason I came to know about
CEIBS is because of FT rankings. So I would give rankings their due waitage.
Coming to major concern regarding CEIBS, for me it would be plancements for international students. I know for chinese studnets in CEIBS placement scenario is as good as IIMs in India. For International students the language skill sort of becomes mandatory.

Anyway your profile is similar to mine ,except for the fact that you seem to have 3 years of exp as PM(does that stand for project manager??) .And which company you are in? I am in IBM. And your total wok ex of 4.5 is it till date or till the admission date?

Satish,

CEIBS is comparatively newer and unheard outside China therefore adcom could be exploring reasons for growing interest of international applicants to tweak its marketing strategy for future 😃 Since you have been already interviewed hence lost recommendation letter should not be a big concern. Neither language knowhow is an issue as adcom itself clarified that selected students from outside China have to attend language classes which will probably start in July. But certainly their China focus has increased which is evident from changes done to curriculum so China experience is an obvious plus factor.

Adcom is really quick in responding hence can expect decision in next 2-3 days. Anyway they have deadline of 25th for first cycle.

I have applied to couple of other Asian schools like HKUST, NUS, NTU, and CUHK.
From my understanding CEIBS is comparable to ISB and HKUST and its reputation is growing. Placements are good but mostly in mainland China and Hong Kong. Asian schools usually do not figure out in top B-school rankings although FT ranking is an exception to that. And who cares for rankings.
It is a good school for marketing and finance concentration and as well as for general management. Certainly value for money.

All the best!

-Piyush

Hi Satish,

You are right placements are not easy for foreign students at CEIBS and lot depends on networking and command on Chinese language.
I am in TCS and as of date my exp. is 4.5 yrs.

-Piyush

Thanks Piyush for that insight. I just sent an email to the adcom and they have confirmed the receipt of the reco letter by updating the online application material status. So that problem is resolved as of now.
Now I can only wait and pray..

now coming to the schools I have also applied to the same schools but for
CUHK . About rankings I would say that the reason I came to know about
CEIBS is because of FT rankings. So I would give rankings their due waitage.
Coming to major concern regarding CEIBS, for me it would be plancements for international students. I know for chinese studnets in CEIBS placement scenario is as good as IIMs in India. For International students the language skill sort of becomes mandatory.

Anyway your profile is similar to mine ,except for the fact that you seem to have 3 years of exp as PM(does that stand for project manager??) .And which company you are in? I am in IBM. And your total wok ex of 4.5 is it till date or till the admission date?

Hi Guys,

Is anyone in touch with any CEIBS alumnus or 2008 batch student?

Piyush did you get any scholarship from the school?

Hi Satish,

You are right placements are not easy for foreign students at CEIBS and lot depends on networking and command on Chinese language.
I am in TCS and as of date my exp. is 4.5 yrs.

-Piyush
satish sahoo Says
Piyush did you get any scholarship from the school?

Hi Satish,

No information yet on scholarship, although I applied for Shanghai municipal govt. scholarship.

-Piyush

hi puys,

Got interviewed today....
looking forward for the decision...
they said it would out by 25th December.

hi puys,

Got interviewed today....
looking forward for the decision...
they said it would out by 25th December.

Hi Siddharth,

How was your interview?

Which other colleges you have applied to and given interview for?

-Piyush
Hi Siddharth,

How was your interview?

Which other colleges you have applied to and given interview for?

-Piyush

I/V was good...they asked me about my job profile, china, MBA and related things..
Other colleges iI/ve applied to are: HKUST and ISB.
what about you...i seems only u, me and Satish has applied to CEIBS..not mant puys interesed or are they just not coming on the thread...???:

I think there are others also ,but they are not active in PG.
As time is passing by I am getting increasingly concerned.not sure what's taking them so long.may be they are not sure about me.considering the fact that me and Piyush got interviewed on the same day I guess if they were convinced about my application then I could have already gotten the offer. Add to that the fact that our profiles are almost similar but for the fact that Piyush has a stronger professional experience.
still hoping for the best.lets see..

I/V was good...they asked me about my job profile, china, MBA and related things..
Other colleges iI/ve applied to are: HKUST and ISB.
what about you...i seems only u, me and Satish has applied to CEIBS..not mant puys interesed or are they just not coming on the thread...???:
I think there are others also ,but they are not active in PG.
As time is passing by I am getting increasingly concerned.not sure what's taking them so long.may be they are not sure about me.considering the fact that me and Piyush got interviewed on the same day I guess if they were convinced about my application then I could have already gotten the offer. Add to that the fact that our profiles are almost similar but for the fact that Piyush has a stronger professional experience.
still hoping for the best.lets see..

arre nahin bhai...they might be giving out final calls in batches.....just wait...the results will be out by 25th....so lets pray for the best