Catch 22 - TO DO or NOT TO DO

Friends. I have moved in circles for past one year debating with myself if this new fad of PGPX is for me or not. Endless debates have ensued over coffee & beer, under influence and without it, with full time MBA’s and part-timers, those who …

Friends.

I have moved in circles for past one year debating with myself if this new fad of PGPX is for me or not. Endless debates have ensued over coffee & beer, under influence and without it, with full time MBA's and part-timers, those who have made it in life and those who missed the bus.

BUT result has not been satisfying. So I thought I will pose this discussion to you all.
Problem Statement :
Deriving short term and long term ROI of doing PGPX after 10 yr of IT experience.

Background:
10 yrs of IT experience with premier indian on the way to MNC companies.
Salary on date : close to 18L
Have 5 yr stint in US
Exposure to Sales, Presales and Delivery
In short, typical generalist IT profile with moderate degree of success as compared to peers in my surrounding.

Not able to converge on:

1. If PGPX puts you in average salary bracket of 25L from past 2 yr performance records.
  2. Includes investment of 19L + Oppty Cost of 18L (minus whatever tax etc.) + needed expenditure on running expense of family at 30k/pm + interest loan of FEES to the PGPX + Salary Hikes/Promotion chances (however bleak....;))
How do we work the short term and long term ROI besides the oppty to upgrade skills etc etc.

All thoughts and feedback from esteemed crowd is appreciated & welcome.

adios.
choops (funny name :laugh:)
What is the ROI in short term