CAT scores taken for JBIMS.....Got some doubts

Hi just found a mail from IMS in my Junk mail folder (how appropriate :grin: :: ). Its about CET…Though I have no plans of taking up CET , the interesting part of the mail was that it said certain B- Schools like JBIMS while adopting CET sco…

Hi just found a mail from IMS in my Junk mail folder (how appropriate 😁 ). Its about CET...Though I have no plans of taking up CET , the interesting part of the mail was that it said certain B- Schools like JBIMS while adopting CET scores for admissions, didnt mind CAT scores too.

Coming to my questions -
1) My percentile in CAT 2004 is 98.4.....do I stand a chance?
2) How good is Bajaj, when compared to SP Jain wrt placements and course contents.

Though I was pig headed enuf not to apply to SPJ, I have taken it for the purpose of benchmarking.

hi maronicus,
the first point that i would like to know is that are u sure that jb accepts cat scores.
i ended up getting this time 97 pecentile and like u did not apply to any school apart from iims.

if at all jb accepts the cat scores then also the seats that are available will be almost negligible...

as far as i know (being the resident of mumbai) jb is the best college in the cet exams... cant really say which amoung jb and sp is the best....

both are really good schools.....but sp is well know amoung the student freternity as it accepts students only on the basis of cat...

hope i have answered to a extend to the question u raised

hey both of you ... the prospectus says CAT score only for OMS students (10%)
not for people from MAHARASHTRA ..

for OMS students, XAT, CAT, MAT , etc are allowed to be given,

But you still have to fill the application form.

hey both of you ... the prospectus says CAT score only for OMS students (10%)
not for people from MAHARASHTRA ..

for OMS students, XAT, CAT, MAT , etc are allowed to be given,

But you still have to fill the application form.

Hi Nikhil....I had indeed noticed it. In fact the reason I posted the query was because I am an OMS guy. BTW I thought the reservation for OMS stood at 15%....but that is besides the point. The questions I asked still stand -
1) Do I stand a chance with a cat percentile of 98ish
2) Is it as good as SPJ

Ciao

I had 97% in cat ... wat r my chances of getting a call from Jamnalal Bajaj or SP Jain for GD/PI....

what other colleges are good through CET

Gunjan

Hey guys ....
I was also thinking about.. do you think they might have certain quotas for different exams.. or diff weightages...
Would v stand a better chance with the CET?

jai

hi guys,
sp jain i think should give a gd/pi call for 97-98 ish percentiles.
moreover i have seen that spjain gives much weightage to work ex...
so anyone out there with more than 18 months of exp ..... those guys stand a really good chance...

Guys,
This seems to be going nowhere . When I started the topic, what I hoped for was for some solid and reliable PG shtyle guidance . And what I have ended up with here is , something which is very much different ....that too after 226 views !!! Is there no one out there who can guide me???

For ppl who are into this topic for the first time .....please read the first message I posted...too tired to repeat it.

Coming to my questions -
1) My percentile in CAT 2004 is 98.4.....do I stand a chance?
2) How good is Bajaj, when compared to SP Jain wrt placements and course contents.

Hi ineptus .. will try to answer ur questions.

1) I think you should apply .. you never know what can happen .. also with this big ZHOL in DTE's admission procedure .. i dont know how many of the people will be able to apply through OMS ... i mean coming down from one end of mumbai to another is cumbersome ... outside maharashtra is worse.

That kept aside .. another point is people with 97% generally would wait to give another try .... though i still dont know how the other scores are gonna be given weightage .. but ur 98.4 is definitely worth applying.

2) about SPJAIN vs JBIMS ... there is a feeling that SPJain is better ... becoz of the quality of students ... in JBIMS you have 120 with 50% category .. so not necessary that all the students are of the same capacity ... so if u shine .. you could actually be in the top 50 of the class .. and in MMS jbims rulzzzz ...

that's all i can punch in .. bye .. nikhil k

spjain is muchhhhh better than bajaj
the reason bajaj is so famous is cos it has been there since years nd ws founded alongwith stanford nd stuff... and over time it has build a good brand name
but the BIGGEST problem is the mumbai univ board Course structure
it sucks nd is outdated

SP Jain teaching methodology and course structure absolutely rocks

If u r jus concerned wid placements go to either of the two...both guarantee good placements...wont really compare the two.

but if course structure matters nd u do hv a choice btwn sp jain nd jbims... go for sp jain

hey guys , what is oms? :

and then when is the last date for app to jbims for us?and how many people turn up for oms calls at jbims?
I have a 98.71%ile and have final calls from only iift, iit-d and xim and all 3 arent great. so who knows, maybe jbims....?

i hv analysed it this way....u can think about it.
i hv 97% in CAT...there are atleast 4000 guys ahead of me...out of them atleast 1000 must be such that they hv not got admission newhere...and they will be OMS too....now even of 10% of them opt for JB thru CAT, they hv a better chance than me....so the best thing is to go for CET.
in the above supposition i hv not taken into account students having exceptional marks in XAT & other exams....
so may be this is passive thinking.....but much more realistic....so if u hv nething less than 99.5% u shud not go for CET thru CAT.
hope this clears some doubts of urs..
all the best,
shaan

This year JBIMS has No seats for non-maharashtra candidates. Thus the number of seats for maharastrans falling under open category has gone up to 47.

Besides, JBIMS will not conduct any GD/PI's that means no calls will be sent. Everything is to be done throught the CAP.

my cat scores are
95.36 overall
96.76 LR&DI;
95.70 qa
75.20 VA &RC;

what are my chances for jbims

JB doesn't accept CAT scores.

It gives a lot of confusion when some1 says that JB accepts CAT, XAT and MAT score for OMR category and then a reply comes that it does not accept CAT score without giving any details like from where he got this info. I would request some experience friend to clarify the doubt that which all scores are accepted in JB with facts.

Please reply.