CAT of PGPX - 4.5 years work exp - 31 yrs old

Please bear with the long post - I expect some help. My age is 31 - I completed my 10th in 1999 with 79.2% then dropped for 03 years for backbone fracture (3 spines and both legs due to a fall - now I am good). Completed my 12th in 2004 wit…

Please bear with the long post - I expect some help.

My age is 31 - I completed my 10th in 1999 with 79.2% then dropped for 03 years for backbone fracture (3 spines and both legs due to a fall - now I am good). Completed my 12th in 2004 with 66.0% and dropped another year for IIT - didn't get there. Joined an average engineering college and passed in 2009 with CGPA 7.65. I have been working as a software developer since last 4.5 years (since Jan 2009 including internship in the same company). I have given CAT earlier - but never tried hard and never scored beyond 75%ile. Owing to my age and family pressure - I got married this year. I cannot afford to go to another country for MBA - both financially and due to family responsibilities - so even if GMAT - it will be for Indian MBA only. IIM PGPX program needs 6 yrs work-ex for IIM-B and 7 yrs work-ex for IIM-A.

Though it's age - that wish to feel the pride of belonging to a top-notch college keeps kindling up now and then - whenever I get frustrated by my mediocrity. Me software engineer - there are 01 million sharing the same tag in the city. Not only for money - but also for just pride and passion - I do not want to end being average. I get lots of ideas for entrepreneurship, job changes, domain changes, etc. - but nothing soothes me - that laurel keeps catching my eyes and more after my marriage.

I have 02 questions to people who can guide me :
1. Shall I target CAT 2013 or PGPX (and wait for 2.5 years because IIM-A needs 7 yrs work-ex for PGPX) ?
2. Do I stand a chance (with the given 10th-12th-graduation marks and the years dropped) for IIM-A or IIM-B ? I have been hearing news for dislikes against older candidates because they are difficult to unlearn. What CAT score shall I target (given that I know it is 99+ and not a choose-and-buy option) ?

Please help.

Regards
Akshay Mishra