cat, gmat, wsad, and wordpad!!!

okay thats my life right now actually :: im planning to take up cat, wanna know if i can take up gmat, currently working on WSAD( for non techies: its some arcane setup to run your code ) in infosys, and when not doing any of the above three…

okay thats my life right now actually

im planning to take up cat, wanna know if i can take up gmat, currently working on WSAD( for non techies: its some arcane setup to run your code ) in infosys, and when not doing any of the above three , scribbling stuff on wordpad ( i am a bit of a writer) :)

i just tried to reply to the fall 2005gang thread, and it wouldnt work, soi decided to start a new thread. ( my plea in case the vigilant moderators want to chase me out).

im this software engg at infosys, who's vegetated for a year doing some arbit coding . I am not really into techwork. gave cat in 4rth yr but got a 93%tile that served the sole purpose of making me jump into infy.

Anyways,, im kindda interested in taking up GMAT. wanna know
1) if im late already cause im at level -1 if there is a ground zero ,as far as know-hows of gmat go. lol

2) im damn good at verbal and damn bad at mathand wont wanna get into any fin based stuff

3) have a year of work ex in stuff i dont like , half a year work ex in market research, and 0.2 yrs work ex in outdoor advertising with Mudra Comm... ( quite a transient at heart:).

4) im gonna take up CAT this year , and i HAVE to get out of this place !

lemme know if i can take up GMAT!

Hi
if you are an Indian, i don't think you can be bad enough not to get good score in quantiative section. And if you are good in Verbal you have grt chances to get into a good international BSchool. Because schools look for balanced score. most of the indian get great score in maths but screw the verbal part.

Quant. section in GMAT can not be tough for an India. So don't worry and give it a go.

I don't thin you are too late, ven if you take GMAT in october, you will be able to apply to most of the schools.

Please throw in any questions you have

How important is the work ex part of GMAT .. rather how substantial does it have to be? You have no idea , im a living eg of an Indian whos hopeless in Quant. I gotta 73 % is Quant at XAT last year that too coz of the DI/DS combined in that exam. I m looking at NUS and AIM very seriously.. any dope on the quality of the institutes will b great.. also if any idea on US universities accepting 15 yrs of formal education as im a BCom grad. Please do gimme answers for all this

My guess is that work ex should be the most wieghted part after GMAT score. anyways, its a safe bet to take up the exam, would be worth the effort esp if we are taking up cat too. Im gonna take the exam , and then contemplate on my chances, cause even if they arent bright today, teh score holds good for the next 2 yrs atleast!